Mounts/Waypoints (99% About Waypoints)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neverender.7581

Neverender.7581

There are so many mount threads that I believe it is safe to say, “People want mounts.”

Many argue that mounts are pointless because of all the waypoints and instant travel from anywhere in the game. I also see many complaints about waypoints in WvWvW.

My suggestion: Turn waypoints into GW2 version of WoW gryphon masters.

Pros:
You get to see the beautiful landscape ANet created.
(My Favorite) Adds more strategy to WvWvW because you can’t instant travel.
Lays the groundwork for implementing mounts in the future.
Technically its a mount, you just can’t control it (just be happy you got a mount).

Cons:
No more instant travel from anywhere on map due to predefined travel paths.
It takes time to get from place to place. (Maybe allow this to be skipped in PvE so people don’t miss events)

Thoughts? Suggestions? Discuss.

(edited by Neverender.7581)

in Suggestions

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Hate this, waypoints were implemented because of events. They happen so fast that if you’ll have to walk from place to place you just wont get it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

I think they should keep the waypoints but also add mounts. It makes everyone happy because they can chose their method of travel!

I just want a pony anet Please let me have a pony!

in Suggestions

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

On the other hand if mounts will be similar to broom, that they introduced earlier, there will be no problem as it gives no speed bonus.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

I’d be …okay with a horse that is purely cosmetic. It’s not ideal because it would look down right stupid running so slow but i’m willing to take what i can get LOL. I want a kitten pony

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chrispytoast.3698

Chrispytoast.3698

I think adding mounts as WvW only would be ok. Waypoints are fine in regular PvE but it takes forever to get anywhere in WvW

Save the orphans of Divinity’s Reach
Send Gold to: Chrispytoast

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

I think adding mounts as WvW only would be ok. Waypoints are fine in regular PvE but it takes forever to get anywhere in WvW

Which is a good thing considering how WvW works. If you want to be constantly in the place where the fighting happens, play sPvP.

@OP
How about we did not scrap the current lore and then copypaste a system from some other game. Do you also wish to replace every instance of the word “Asura” with “Gnome”?

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Towelie.4637

Towelie.4637

I want a mount, but not really to get more speed i already have 50%, i want it for the “swag”.

As a sylvarie necromancer i would like to ride those “Plant monster”!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

- Waypoints disabled / vanished from the map/minimap while mounted = not usable
– Mounting / Dismounting animation = few seconds each
– permanent mount speed buffs equal with the speed buffs offered by the current signets / Temporary sprint buffs equal to the speed buff skills
– damageable / kill-able mount, re spawn mount time after getting killed 245s