Mounts n stuff in the Gem store. _Pl0x/Rights

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rights.5234

Rights.5234

I’ve seen like a 1000 locked threads on this subject that I couldn’t comment on… so whatever I’m posting my own.

This game is great. There are a lot of things I believe this game adds to the current MMO genre that is awesome. The combat system is fluid and fun to learn. The questing system is open and intuitive. Also the community seems very helpful and progressive on my server. However, there are certain things I believe this game excludes.
Also, it excludes these things with no real concise nor clear purpose/intent. Mounts are one of them. Every MMO I’ve ever played(I hate to admit I’ve played nearly all of them released in the past several years) has had mounts. It’s a simple cosmetic enjoyment that allows players to “show off” something they earned in game, but it also has practical implications as well. Movement between one place to another in large zones without way points can seem sluggish at times. I know way points are great, but at times they seem like a very very simplified means of travel(which is mostly good!). Although I sometimes wouldn’t mind running around town on my mount, and don’t need 5-7 way points in a single city. It seems very dumbed down in a sense. “Don’t take it out of context nerds, it is what it is.”
I believe it wouldn’t “harm” the game in any sense that would completely change the enjoyable content already implemented. It would enhance it in my opinion. Also it could give some end game content that a lot of people are requesting. Don’t worry kids this isn’t going to turn into wow.
Realtalk… add some more stuff to the Gem Store. Stuff that people want to buy that looks cool, also that doesn’t feel like we got ripped off if we purchase it. If I buy a skin for armor. I want to apply it to as many armor pieces as I want, period. Take time with the armor development. I’m pretty sure we want stuff that looks cool, but isn’t some corny overused template, IE MEDIUM ARMOR WITH ONE SKULL ON A SIDE FOR SHOULDERS!!! I mean I lol’d when I saw how many times this was used.
Any who enough ranting I’m going to get back to playing this wonderful game. Take it from League of Legends guys at ArenaNet, put stuff people want to buy in a microtransaction store… and we will buy it. Also with Elder Scrolls online coming, and WoW as your major competitor you’re going to have to listen to your players.
I’m rooting for you I really am. I hope you care as much for your players as I think you do. I hate Actiblizzard, and everything they stand for nowadays. I appreciate not having to pay for a subscription so you better not change it :p. A little side note nerds, I didn’t proofread this… so if you found an error I really don’t care. Go log on and play Guild Wars 2.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I’m pretty sure we want stuff that looks cool, but isn’t some corny overused template, IE MEDIUM ARMOR WITH ONE SKULL ON A SIDE FOR SHOULDERS!!! I mean I lol’d when I saw how many times this was used.

That ‘corny overused template’ is actually from the first GW

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Ranger_Krytan_armor_m.jpg

Mounts: No particular feelings.

Cosmetics: If they really want to make money, maybe add a small markup to make it account bound, rather than character bound?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

Posted by: IVeracityI.8936

IVeracityI.8936

Mounts have been repeatedly locked for a reason. The sense of scale is diminished when you can just sprint from one end of the map to the other, and the cosmetic appeal is countered by the inevitable visual clutter of larger mounts in smaller areas.

So I will say as I have in every other mount suggestion that I bothered to post on: The only way they could justify it is if they kept it incredibly simple and impacted almost nothing on gameplay unless in an area specifically designed for it. No faster than Swiftness (but desirable because it wouldn’t fade), and essentially staying to those that racially make sense. No dragons, no flight, no double-speed.

I am tentatively in favor of them, but with a massive desire to say I’m not because of the forementioned issues and constraints necessary to keep it stable. The one thing that keeps me coming back to the idea is having them handle like Bundles, in that they replace your weapon skills (and maybe disable slotskills), because if they go that route, that already gives PLENTY of room for different forms of mounted combat. (It’d take a while to properly balance, but it could be really cool! Especially if it would account your equipped weapons and just change your skills to fit it.)

As to the Gem Store… semi-agree. More content will be nice, but I don’t count that as a suggestion, because I already know it’s coming. The only thing I would bring up is more Town Clothing options, but I’ve proposed something that has nothing to do with Gems for that issue (re: Wear lower armor classes as town clothes, purely statless).

And finally, WoW can’t be called competition anymore. ANet is building a quality game, where WoW has devolved into grabby-hands’ing for quantity.

in Suggestions

Posted by: whenindoubtcheckitout.6453

whenindoubtcheckitout.6453

Cosmetics is the keyword here. I would love cosmetic mounts. You would still have to use waypoints since it is purely cosmetic. The game does show one civilization riding inside a robot…so the concept of ‘riding on things’ isn’t that far fetched to the residents of this world, thankfully. No one could possibly be against just pure cosmetics that can add to the immersiveness of the world…its not just a pvp game anymore.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TJV.6239

TJV.6239

Cosmetic mounts are entirely pointless. Minipets exist for the exact same reason.

Please stop complaining about people not wanting mounts and please stop making pointless threads about content that will never exist in this game.

Shalom
Tyler Joe

in Suggestions

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

Cosmetic mounts are entirely pointless. Minipets exist for the exact same reason.

Please stop complaining about people not wanting mounts and please stop making pointless threads about content that will never exist in this game.

same as cool looking armor. Are you saying players should pick between being naked or have a mini?

As for mounts i find implementing them would be a smart move only, if they put a major twist to it, such as a mini game of some sortt hat allows you to travel great distances, etcetc. or something that is more.. befitting and probable.

This games armor is highly disapointing, i can tell it is made on a human template and then stretched to fit on asurans, norns, chars.. omg.. chars.. they look so soso bad with stretched gear. Check out the face masks., and helmet. Not to mention some overly tight pants, and armor.

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azzrael Deathbane.4965

Azzrael Deathbane.4965

It’s incredible to me that players get so excited over the prospect of getting mounts introduced in a game.

It has been stated thousands of time before by numerous people that there is no need for mounts in this game. Some would argue that they want mounts for cosmetic reasons, IMO this is just plain pointless. GW and GW2 survived quite successfully without them and proved that you don’t always have to follow the normal MMO mould to make a game great.

Its time to get over it now and move on.

“Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I’ll ever know.
Live and die on this day. Live and die on this day.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Do we really need another thread on this? If the only reasons people can come up with for having mounts in this game are that “other MMOs have them” and “cuz dey luk kool!”, then ANet’s time is quite simply better spent doing something else, like fixing bugs and balancing PvP.

Besides, if mounts were to be released as a pay item in the store and enabled for PvP/W3 then the accusations of pay2win will be flying in from all over the place.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Absolutely no to mounts. They do not fit into this game, period.

More cool stuff in gemstore, definitely. I am most certain it will come in time.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

in Suggestions

Rights.5234

For all the people saying to stop asking for mounts in the game, that completely goes against the concept of a “suggestions” section in forums. People will keep bringing it up because a group of people who play this game obviously desire the content. This section of the forums is designed for groups of people to tell the game developer what we want. The success of a system like this can be shown in games like LoL. What I want right now are some mounts, and more content in the gem store.

Also, for the people saying that mounts would have no purpose or be “pointless” in game obviously don’t understand the fundamentals of something purely subjective. Cost and worth are entirely two different things. Some would point out video games to be “pointless”. We obviously would disagree. A handful of people want mounts because they can serve multiple purposes in game, while satisfying certain wants and needs for a gaming experience.

My simple suggestion is; a group of people want mounts, if the group becomes large enough give us mounts in a way that wouldn’t take away from the core gameplay. While also enhancing the the current content in game. I think that’s simpler than people are making it out to be.

For the guy that says WoW isn’t competition anymore to MMO’s. That’s like saying Wal-Mart isn’t competition to wholefood sales retailers anymore. With the backing of because other people are making quality products while Wal-Mart has devolved into some subspecies of retail goods supplier. Competition is competition regardless of ethics or the goals of the company.

I’m going back to playing GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: warllockmaster.1379

warllockmaster.1379

I can understand the confused feeling of wanting to have a mount, cos’ well other MMORPG’s have them?
But the thing is, mounts in my own personal point of view do not fit in here!
We have the way points that enables you to travel over great distances.

mounts may seem like a good idea to some group of people but, I must tell you this; What purpose would mounts truely serve in this game?
new combat system like a weapon??
A faster way to travel around in zones until you get their way points?
Why would you wish to ruin the experience of discovering this world on foot?
I am very new to this game but I used to play WOW until recently and once mounts appear it could very well end as bad as with wow..

Mounts?
Okay let us say we do get mounts?
Suddenly players will demmand faster mounts?
who knows maybe even flying mounts??
Underwater mounts??
Combat mounts?
Profession mounts??

All it takes for guildwars2 is one step wrong and they’ll follow the same chain of events that befell WoW.

So, really mounts??
I do not have the right to judge the people that wish for mounts, all I am saying is that I cannot agree on their wish.
As to the mount wanters-think it through thoroughly, do you really wish for mounts?
Or do you simply just wish to make the game more like one you pherhaps left, but no longer wish to play?
The darkness awaits us all-even YOU!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sean.2684

Sean.2684

no mounts simple enough

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

sorry they just replied to a recent thread no mounts.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Suggestions

Azzrael Deathbane.4965

@ warllockmaster:

Very well put, couldn’t agree more

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

The sheer volume of these darned threads leads me to suspect that like vertical progression, ArenaNet will introduce the darned things just to shut people up.
Will you people from other MMOs who haven’t got an original idea between you and want to homogenise everything please stay the heck away from my Guild Wars?

Want mounts? WoW, AoC, Everquest, blah, blah, blah. NOT GUILD WARS.
Want vertical progression? WoW, AoC, Everquest, blah, blah, blah. NOT GUILD WARS (well that one changed ’cos you whinged long and hard).
Want fishing? WoW, Torchlight, Everquest, blah, blah, blah. NOT GUILD WARS.
Want raids? WoW, AoC, Everquest, blah, blah, blah. NOT GUILD WARS.

You want something familiar? Go play something familiar. Nothing is stopping you. Guild Wars was meant to be different, and a lot of us came here because we thought that was the case, but now you mindless drones are spoiling our party.

You’re stifling innovation.
You’re preventing the next best thing from emerging because you’re scared of change.
Dennis Leary wrote a song about you guys. Look it up on Youtube some time.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Also, anyone who uses the word “pl0x” or any other form of netspeak in their thread title has already lost the argument as far as I’m concerned. It simply suggests that the person posting is 12 years old, even if they are actually a mature adult. Stop doing that!

Interestingly, a couple of days ago someone mentioned mounts in-game on map chat (Piken Square server) and was trying to find out if there was any support for the idea. The response was largely negative. When people constantly claim they speak for most people, have they actually tried to gauge opinion from others in-game who never use these forums, or do they mean that by “most people”, they mean themselves and their handful of friends?

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

The reason they’re all locked is because people keep making them… There is no need for 1000+ mounts threads. It’s not a suggestion if there are so many threads repeated on it like tgat, at this point it’s useless spam. Mounts do not fit in Gw2; let this game have its own leg to stand on, not following the usual formula every other MMO uses. The respect towards mounts wouldn’t be as bad if you guys didn’t simply continue to post thread after thread, thinking it will get you anywhere.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Disig.7169

Disig.7169

Well there are enough of these threads that I think ANET would be hard pressed to ignore them now, lol.

I mean, I don’t care either way, but it could be cute to ride a Dolyak that runs at walking speed, hee.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

I don’t understand this whole mount fus.
I hate mounts >.>
I hate it when noobs try to run away on a mount.
I hate everything WoW in a MMO

I love Guild Wars 2 and Lineage 2 c:

If you want to have a mount just to look cooler, I’d be happy if you run slower than me then or at least with my speed, but definately not faster. Besides i like the run animation of my toon <3 <3

in Suggestions

Rights.5234

It’s odd that the opposing argument against people that want mounts is calling other people 12 year olds, and saying we want the game to be like wow. I can see your inner city education really pays for itself. You guys seem more passionate about it than us lol. It reminds me when an indie band gets signed to a label, and they’re current fan group gets upset because they feel the game belongs to “them”. Like it’s going to get changed drastically and sell out. This game belongs to everyone, not just you… grow up.

If you would have read anything I posted you would know that I stated I hate WoW, Actiblizzard, and everything they stand for. It doesn’t mean that a specific game can’t pull from others in the collective genre.

Once you get in a newer zone the progression from waypoint to another is just too slow. You people act like just because there are waypoints we can’t have mounts? This makes no sense to me lol. Mainly WvW PvP is very slow even with the speed buffs(especially at lower levels).

To the guy who says there is no need for a 1000+ mount threads. My question to you is really…. why? People obviously want them lol, and are voicing their opinion. So should we not have a suggestions forum section just because you disagree with it? Makes sense guy. Also, 1000+ mount threads are still a suggestion. It’s just a suggestion that a lot of people support… you just happen to be opposed to it. The only real argument I’ve read in this thread is from WarlockMaster. At least he was eloquent enough to put what he wanted to say in a concise manner. He also made some good points. It Arenanet does put mounts in the game, I would like to see a spin on it. I’d like to see something unique from it, something the other MMO’s doesn’t have.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

the song does Not go """ Look at my Waypoint"""!!!

To answer the question why so many threads.
The thread that had the mounts merged it is not possible to post in it anymore or at least I can not post in it. Might be full! And doing a search does not show it. So getting kittened at people who did not post in that thread might be beyond them.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Mounts-Merged/page/17#post963399

(edited by Gummy.4278)

in Suggestions

Rights.5234

Huzzah at the Gummy man. hue

in Suggestions

Azzrael Deathbane.4965

To the guy who says there is no need for a 1000+ mount threads. My question to you is really…. why? People obviously want them lol, and are voicing their opinion. So should we not have a suggestions forum section just because you disagree with it? Makes sense guy. Also, 1000+ mount threads are still a suggestion. It’s just a suggestion that a lot of people support… you just happen to be opposed to it. The only real argument I’ve read in this thread is from WarlockMaster. At least he was eloquent enough to put what he wanted to say in a concise manner. He also made some good points. It Arenanet does put mounts in the game, I would like to see a spin on it. I’d like to see something unique from it, something the other MMO’s doesn’t have.

It’s not that fact that there are a thousand threads on this subject, it’s the fact that you can’t be bothered to use the search button to find them. Just for your info, not all treads on this subject are locked.

Your right, this is a suggestion thread and I have suggested no to mounts, it’s my opinion and I don’t agree with you. Get over it.

(edited by Azzrael Deathbane.4965)

in Suggestions

Rights.5234

Lol Deathbane you seem upset about it. A lot of threads are maxed out on this, hence why I created this one. If you have a problem with that don’t waste your time posting on it lol. Or just post your opinion and move on. It’s as simple as that. Just for your info, I’m over it… You seem mad babe. Go have a beer.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

It has been stated thousands of time before by numerous people that there is no need for mounts in this game.

I would never use a mount anyway.

How would that even work. Mount up, ride 1/2 inch, dismount, harvest blackberry, mount up, ride 1/2 inch, dismount, chop a tree, mount up ride an inch, ohh some bats, maybe I can get some blood, dismount, mount up, ride 2 seconds, oh an event, dismount……

Seriously, there is no place for mounts.

It’s getting really, really tiresome with players of another game posting thread after thread after thread trying to turn GW2 into that game.

Edit: I was agreeing with your post by the way

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sethorus.9231

Sethorus.9231

I hate mounts >.>

If you want to have a mount just to look cooler, I’d be happy if you run slower than me then or at least with my speed, but definately not faster. Besides i like the run animation of my toon <3 <3

You’re aware that there were mounts on Lineage II right?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

No mounts..

Wanted to be short, but error pop out. Msg to short.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

in Suggestions

Firelysm.4967

I hate mounts >.>

You’re aware that there were mounts on Lineage II right?

He is and you don’t see the point what he’s trying to say…

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sethorus.9231

Sethorus.9231

really, I don’t see how. And while we are at it. What is wrong with cosmetic mounts that wouldn’t affect the gameplay by the way pvewise,(i.e no flying mounts) seems like one more activity for people to look after at level 80+ since most people are more focused on horizontal progression.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

I’m for cosmetic mounts or a mostly cosmetic mounts. With a few cool-down skills to help players escape from small mobs.

Some think players on mounts skip over content and don’t contribute to the waypoint gold sink.
*But I think players using waypoints skip over more content then mounts. Because if you are on a mount, you are exploring the world. And the time it takes to go from one zone to the next is lost income.

in Suggestions

Posted by: whenindoubtcheckitout.6453

whenindoubtcheckitout.6453

I think rpg’ers would like the world to make some sense.

Players don’t have to have mounts, fine, but i think at least the npcs should be riding on things, from patrolling a city to other things..etc. so the world makes some sense, unless someone can explain why…

From what I gathered from the faq, it only implies that ‘useful’ mounts will not be in game due to waypoints..etc. This does Not imply ‘mounts/vehicles are not part of the lore/world’. so cosmetic mounts to me, is a good suggestion. if anything, at least , create some quest line at the beginning , why the races cannot find suitable creatures to mount on for their soldiers..etc to travel short distances, or why the asurans cannot create vehicles to ride on….etc,

If no mounts for the players, then make the world believable and explain to the player, through a quest line.. I’d think not a single vehicle/creature being ridden on by anyone/npcs is significant enough to have some story behind it. If it can be explained, then the world can stay immersive.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brennus.1435

Brennus.1435

Mounts have been repeatedly locked for a reason. The sense of scale is diminished when you can just sprint from one end of the map to the other…

I can already with Quick Breathing. Next argument…

“Everyone is born a 5 signet Warrior,
what we become later only depends
on how hard we try and how good we want to become.” -HannaDeFreitas

in Suggestions

Firelysm.4967

I’m for cosmetic mounts or a mostly cosmetic mounts. With a few cool-down skills to help players escape from small mobs.

Some think players on mounts skip over content and don’t contribute to the waypoint gold sink.
*But I think players using waypoints skip over more content then mounts. Because if you are on a mount, you are exploring the world. And the time it takes to go from one zone to the next is lost income.

U explore it even less than with WP, if u would get benefit of speed, you would make blitzkrieg trough the continent… When you use WP you at last run around. ( in ever game you had town portals as i remember, so they had WP on some way)
And what they did? Skip and blitzkrieg… (Gaming in the speed of flash)

in Suggestions

Rights.5234

Glad this thread is finally getting some discussion. I’m still in favor for mounts, and think the majority of opposing arguments I’ve read really don’t hold up very much validity. I like the point of waypoints. Waypoints certainly make travel faster than any mount would. At least a mount would allow you to travel through the would to see the content. Good stuff.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thunderscape.3859

Thunderscape.3859

U explore it even less than with WP, if u would get benefit of speed, you would make blitzkrieg trough the continent… When you use WP you at last run around. ( in ever game you had town portals as i remember, so they had WP on some way)

I already got the benefit of speed, my warr got 2 movement skills in his GS and a elite swiftness signet. Thief got a signet that gives him 25% movement speed (passive), plus some other skills like heartseeker, that allows him to jump around…

Problem is some classes like mesmer only got a blink, and the focus weapon speed boost (you may consider the staff AoE that gives random boons… but that’s not reliable).

So some classes go warp speed across the map while others have to go really slow.
Just put mounts in the game and problem solved.

And maybe keep them out of PvP, and city’s. But for exploration? YES, its just not fun walking through every single map on my alts again… its boring.

And also, the great war hero of tyria, the guy who helped kill Zhaitan! Who led the troops to victory, and got the worlds best weapons and armor, needs to walk? he cant buy a horse or something?

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

Its already been noted that mounts should be part of the reward for 100% map completion on 1 of your characters. Meaning “Nothing” has been skipped as you have already seen it all on one toon before hand. If you have been in an area where the waypoints stay contested getting from one side of the map to the other can become very big place. If you have ever went to an area in hopes of doing the dynamic events and got there after it was over because of lack of waypoints you could use, then having a way for everyone to get to the area faster would help.

Only should get 25% constant speed as a few of the professions can not maintain this speed on a constant basis. And this would make for balance in that aspect. If they want to balance the skills so every profession had a constant 25% speed buff. I will still want a mount, as I like them, plain and simple. Otherwise a 2 sec boost for evading, which will almost feel like something we have already, which is Dodge, should use the meter the same as your toon.

I Don’t want a copy paste mount system like wow or any other competitor. I want something uniquely Guild Wars. I know they have the smarts to pull off a very fun for everyone way of implementing mounts that everyone would soon feel that they needed to have it, all the while it being something you have never done or not done quite the same way, before in another mmo.

Lore wise we have already had mounts in GW1 in certain locations of the game. not only did the Dwarves ride them , we got to ride not only on top of the giant siege devourer we also got to ride inside the Junundu. Also some other types rode the ghostly remains and skeletal remains of horses. Note that horses are extinct in Tyria, maybe they were eaten or imho, ridden to death because the people of Tyria back then was having so much fun with them.

I am getting sleepy, go ahead and bash this(I know you will), I will discuss any of the comments when I am get up tomorrow.

in Suggestions

Rights.5234

Gummys got the right idea

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

Its already been noted that mounts should be part of the reward for 100% map completion on 1 of your characters. Meaning “Nothing” has been skipped as you have already seen it all on one toon before hand. If you have been in an area where the waypoints stay contested getting from one side of the map to the other can become very big place. If you have ever went to an area in hopes of doing the dynamic events and got there after it was over because of lack of waypoints you could use, then having a way for everyone to get to the area faster would help.

Only should get 25% constant speed as a few of the professions can not maintain this speed on a constant basis. And this would make for balance in that aspect. If they want to balance the skills so every profession had a constant 25% speed buff. I will still want a mount, as I like them, plain and simple. Otherwise a 2 sec boost for evading, which will almost feel like something we have already, which is Dodge, should use the meter the same as your toon.

I Don’t want a copy paste mount system like wow or any other competitor. I want something uniquely Guild Wars. I know they have the smarts to pull off a very fun for everyone way of implementing mounts that everyone would soon feel that they needed to have it, all the while it being something you have never done or not done quite the same way, before in another mmo.

Lore wise we have already had mounts in GW1 in certain locations of the game. not only did the Dwarves ride them , we got to ride not only on top of the giant siege devourer we also got to ride inside the Junundu. Also some other types rode the ghostly remains and skeletal remains of horses. Note that horses are extinct in Tyria, maybe they were eaten or imho, ridden to death because the people of Tyria back then was having so much fun with them.

I am getting sleepy, go ahead and bash this(I know you will), I will discuss any of the comments when I am get up tomorrow.

Very well put even for a sleepy gummy, just see not point in having mounts in this game at all.

in Suggestions

TJV.6239

same as cool looking armor. Are you saying players should pick between being naked or have a mini?

As for mounts i find implementing them would be a smart move only, if they put a major twist to it, such as a mini game of some sortt hat allows you to travel great distances, etcetc. or something that is more.. befitting and probable.

This games armor is highly disapointing, i can tell it is made on a human template and then stretched to fit on asurans, norns, chars.. omg.. chars.. they look so soso bad with stretched gear. Check out the face masks., and helmet. Not to mention some overly tight pants, and armor.

Armour has a purpose, thereby there are cosmetic forms of it. Mounts do not have a purpose.

ANet will not ever add mounts to the game unless they are in a story or are quest related. The idea of a cosmetic trophy is fulfilled by minis.

Shalom
Tyler Joe

in Suggestions

Rights.5234

Armour has a purpose, thereby there are cosmetic forms of it. Mounts do not have a purpose.

Again nice opinion lol. However, I’m fairly sure that’s subjective. Also there has been a lot of points contributing to the relevance of mounts. If one person or a million people view something to have relevance… it has a purpose.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Spencer.1386

Spencer.1386

Please do not ever add mounts to this game.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mordimus.3452

Mordimus.3452

Reason: I don’t like them, don’t want them, don’t need them, and well, no.

in Suggestions

Posted by: grimtide.2975

grimtide.2975

I haven’t played the game for a long while now. I Googled to see if they added mounts to the game and found my way to this forum.

The current systems may be fine for many people, but it left me so frustrated I stopped playing. I mean using a way point to teleport 1/4 the way across a map and being stuck on a loading screen for a very long time.
It’s probably still quicker than running, but I hated it. The problem for me was being taken out of the game. I would much rather mount up or use a flight path, take in the scenery, and not be left guessing how long until I’m back in the action.

Introduce mounts, introduce flight paths, whatever, just rid me of those horrible loading screens.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

People keep going on about mounts Anet have said that they will never add mounts to this game. Do you people understand the word “Never”? If not, look it up then stop making “Add Mounts” posts and stop wasting space on ther forum server’s hard drives.
I know that there are other games that have them, but there are also other games that don’t. if you want mounts, go play a game that has them and stop trying to inflict the rest of us with them, because, honestly it is getting a bit repetative.

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

People keep going on about mounts Anet have said that they will never add mounts to this game. Do you people understand the word “Never”? If not, look it up then stop making “Add Mounts” posts and stop wasting space on ther forum server’s hard drives.
I know that there are other games that have them, but there are also other games that don’t. if you want mounts, go play a game that has them and stop trying to inflict the rest of us with them, because, honestly it is getting a bit repetative.

They “Never” said Never….They have said nothing that can be considered a yea/nea answer. here is a link to one such comment.
http://www.guildmag.com/community-interview-with-colin-johanson

The main thing Colin says is “Not at Initial Release” noting that this interview was done pre-release, and stated a fact that gw2 does not have mounts “YET”. Basically, its all still in the air.

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

Very well put even for a sleepy gummy, just see not point in having mounts in this game at all.

I understand you don’t care for them, How is going to shut down your ability to play the game the way you want?

I really want to emphasize this point"Play the game the way you want!" This is like a Bread and Butter statement from ArenaNet.

If I have a mount and you don’t and we are both happy with that. How could it be that most of the people that oppose the introduction of true mounts really have any reason to oppose them. If you play the game the way you want, you will not get them. I do concede that there should be restrictions (like having you dismount if you get near a NPC or try to take the mount inside a inside environment or jumping puzzle) that would make for a nice buffer area to keep things playable for the people who do not want them and the ones that do. If ArenaNet tells us that they have decided to not have a traditional mounts system in game, I am gonna keep on playing them game the way I want, which means I will still want mounts. I will just be glad I don’t have to have a discussion over the topic anymore.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Paradox Xion.1038

Paradox Xion.1038

No mounts
No mounts
No mounts

Did I mention No mounts?

This game is fine without them. We dont need them and most dont want them.
If you want mounts go back to “that other game”

Please stop trying to make this game a clone of “that other game”

in Suggestions

TJV.6239

No mounts
No mounts
No mounts

Did I mention No mounts?

The game has no reason to include mounts unless they are only in instances areas, at which they wouldn’t be account/character bound. The only “mounts” in GW1 were instanced and only needed for a very minor purpose. The mounts that you are talking about, cosmetic character bound mounts, are completely useless. Characters already move quick enough between waypoints and the idea behind “cosmetic mounts” is already fulfilled by minis.

Why have content artists waste time on an unneeded component of the game? Minis are perfect for cosmetics as they require no content artists or only 1 or 2 and generally they just need to reuse mob skins and scale them down. Rather than waste time and money on pointless additions to the game the dev’s can work on balance issues, bugs, new armour and weapon skins, new maps and mobs or other more important things.

Talking about sky ships not being mounts in the initial release is most likely a prelude to seeing sky ships being used to take players from Tyria to Elona and/or Cantha. There might be Guild Ships instead of or alongside Guild Halls but there don’t look to be any plans on the dev’s side to develop character mounts.

Shalom
Tyler Joe

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

I am not asking for them to stop working on anything, you assume to much. Yes please fix all the the things that are broken. Add the things that should have been in this game since launch, (guild halls for 1) and get all the new events based on holiday’s and lore ready to roll out.

Just link whatever point it is you are making …so I can read it first hand, yes the part where they say there is no plans on the dev’ side to develop character mounts.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thunderscape.3859

Thunderscape.3859

No mounts
No mounts
No mounts

Did I mention No mounts?

What other game? i know what you are hinting at, but “that other game” was not the first game to have mounts nor fly mounts, Lineage II got that before. And pretty much every single MMO got mounts.

“that other game” didnt do almost nothing new… it just took concepts from other games and improve them.

You probably dont want world bosses? or gear? or gathering? or leveling? or chat? or mail? or transmogriph? or dungeons? or instanced areas?

Really mounts arent a exclusive content from a single game, its everywhere…

And yes for mounts, absolutely no reason not to.