Mounts please?

Mounts please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xephier.1647

Xephier.1647

Only class I’ve even found(so far) with a maintained speedbuff so far is my ele. Why can’t other classes travel faster(short of 20 second buffs)? Sides, cool looking mounts have often served as a prestige thing on top of faster runspeeds.

Mounts please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Minotavros.4987

Minotavros.4987

yeaup great idea. Mounts is the only thing i actually miss from swtor

Mounts please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Spencer.1386

Spencer.1386

Please do not ever add mounts to this game.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Mounts please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

Warrior: Charge (Warhorn) + Signet of Rage active. Permaswiftness.
Ranger, Thief, Necro: movespeed signet.
Necro: Locust Swarm (Warhorn) + Spectral Walk. Nearly permanent swiftness.
Guardian: Symbol of Swiftness + Retreat gets a lot as well.
Only Mesmer is particularly kittened in the travel speed department.

Also even if everyone was slow, kitten mounts. Completely pointless, especially with WPs.

EDIT: Oh, right, forgot Engineer. Speedy Kits with Medkit (or any other kit, but Medkit has Stimulant, which gives a bit of leeway). Permaswiftness.

(edited by gimmethegepgun.1284)

Mounts please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: RiKShaw.8795

RiKShaw.8795

The only way I would accept mounts in GW2 is if they were cosmetic. Like the riding broom.

Mounts please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

See CoC and ToS
Read CoC and ToS
Realize repeat threads and duplicating them is against those terms and then realize

NO NO NO NO

GW2 does not need them.

Mounts please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shoebox.1026

Shoebox.1026

This is by far the lamest idea you can come up with all the way points to fast travel why cant you see that, thats why there is no need for mounts you people need to stop posting about this redonk idea its going to get no where and as Kaimick stated creating a new fourm for a subject already up is not allowed so think about this

Mounts please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doomguard.5094

Doomguard.5094

1. Please use the search function and do not create a new topic about something that is already being discussed in 100+ other threads
2. No, mounts are pointless, we already have waypoints, and every class has swiftness buffs

Mounts please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: cobrahorse.4329

cobrahorse.4329

Why not have mounts if they got a swiftness buff only. Then it becomes almost pure cosmetic….

Mounts please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Retrospek.4583

Retrospek.4583

Warrior: Charge (Warhorn) + Signet of Rage active. Permaswiftness.
Ranger, Thief, Necro: movespeed signet.
Necro: Locust Swarm (Warhorn) + Spectral Walk. Nearly permanent swiftness.
Guardian: Symbol of Swiftness + Retreat gets a lot as well.
Only Mesmer is particularly kittened in the travel speed department.

Also even if everyone was slow, kitten mounts. Completely pointless, especially with WPs.

EDIT: Oh, right, forgot Engineer. Speedy Kits with Medkit (or any other kit, but Medkit has Stimulant, which gives a bit of leeway). Permaswiftness.

Necro also has a signet that improves speed by 25%, swarm is 33% though.

Sadly, I love my Mesmer, but get very tired of the slow movement speed on him. He has teleport if you choose that skill in one of the utility slots, and also the speed boost if you choose focus, but no perma-speed boost.

Edit: Almost forgot, other than Mesmers which I would like a signet that gives a speed boost, everything else is very well balanced in my opinion. So, no to mounts.

Mounts please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Every class has a means to permanently speed themselves up via swiftness, dashes, and teleports. (except Mesmers, but they have portals. They’ll survive.)

In a game where we can warp everywhere by way-points, and cross a map within 2 minutes on foot, the need for a mount is non-existent.
And the concept of mounts in other MMOs (where they’re like pokemon you collect and pop out whenever you need, without ever feeding them or tending to them) is kind of sick in my opinion.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

(edited by DreamOfACure.4382)

Mounts please?

in Suggestions

Retrospek.4583

Every class has a means to permanently speed themselves up via swiftness, dashes, and teleports.

In a game where we can warp everywhere by way-points, and cross a map within 2 minutes on foot, the need for a mount is non-existent.
And the concept of mounts in other MMOs (where they’re like pokemon you collect and pop out whenever you need, without ever feeding them or tending to them) is kind of sick in my opinion.

Mesmers, as it’s been stated above, do not have a permanent speed buff.

And although I agree that we don’t need mounts, you’re argument seems a bit silly, considering our characters don’t need to stop and eat (or use the little boys/girls room), and Rangers (and Necros) pets don’t require feeding or caring either. And Rangers get over 40 pets, where do they store them?

Trying to apply real world logic and physics to a video game is never a solid ground for debating why something should or should not apply.

Mounts please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: cobrahorse.4329

cobrahorse.4329

People are so ignorant. Do you think the person that made this thread want the mount for the speed buff?

Then he whould make a thread more like: More swiftness spells in the game

The people that want mounts want it mostly for the cosmetic thing.

And why is there a problem on adding this ?

Mounts please?

in Suggestions

Retrospek.4583

People are so ignorant. Do you think the person that made this thread want the mount for the speed buff?

Most people want it for the speed buffs. If it’s for cosmetic reason, I have no problems with it so long as the following conditions were set on mounts:

They cannot be used in Lion’s Arch, Cities, or within a certain radius from an NPC vendor. This would eliminate people standing on NPCs with mounts just to annoy other players (which has happened in EVERY MMO I’ve played where there are mounts).

Mounts please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doomguard.5094

Doomguard.5094

Ugh, imagine people using mounts in jumping puzzles, HELL NO! I have enough trouble with those norns and charrs clogging up my screen. Speed or cosmetic, I don’t care, just no mounts, it will only create more frustration for people that actually want to play the game.

Mounts please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shoebox.1026

Shoebox.1026

yo go read the thread again genius he clearly wants a speed buff mount to go faster but i suppose ignorance is bliss eh?

Mounts please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Ohh again this.How many times do we have to beat that horse?It’s already dead so leave this subject to rot in the ground.
There won’t be mounts i don’t understand why people keep bringing it up again and again…
Do i need mounts?Not at all.Waypoints are more than enough.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Mounts please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Another one of these… you know there’s already several of them floating around, why you’d create another one I don’t know (not to mention what can be said which hasn’t been said already).

Mounts please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hello everyone.

As it has been already indicated here, the Suggestions subforum has already open threads in which this suggestion has already been made. Therefore we close this one and ask you to contribute in the already open ones, in order to avoid duplicates.

Thanks!