Move Dungeon out of LA to stop Overflow!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Ever since a dungeon was added inside town, I can’t enter LA without being sent into the Overflow. That’s nearly TWO MONTHS ago now! And I wind up in the overflow (Borlis Pass) even at odd times of day!

PLEASE find an excuse to move the entrance out of town! Even if the excuse is “sorry, we made a mistake”.

We understand. Everyone makes mistakes. Fix it and move on. (It will be nice to get the “LFG’s” out of our main city’s local chat, too.)

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

in Suggestions

Posted by: Michael.4791

Michael.4791

It’s no bug. And the reason you think to have found may have nothing to do with the overflow. And the overflow is nothing bad in itself.

in Suggestions

Hamfast.8719

It’s a PROBLEM. Maybe not a bug, but it’s definitely a PROBLEM. A right royal pain in the Arch.

The overflow is caused by overcrowding. The start of the Overflow issue coincides exactly with the Karka arrival. Perhaps your server isn’t as bad as Borlis Pass. Imagine EVERY TIME you enter town, you have to close a popup that tells you you have been put into the overflow. And then again when I have made it to the front of the queue. EVERY TIME FOR TWO MONTHS! EVEN AT ODD HOURS OF THE DAY!

I think maybe its an ANet conspiracy to get people to leave an overcrowded server and even out WvWvW a little.

Enough already. Move the entrance outside of town.

P.S. – Tell the beggars asking for money to rebuild Lion’s Arch that they’d get more donations if we actually saw some progress. Where’s my Lion Statue? I’m gonna have to ask Toymaker Tixx to bring us a new one for Wintersday.

in Suggestions

Posted by: VoxShatterfall.5470

VoxShatterfall.5470

Haha, just calm down a bit.

It would be nice to get rid of the “ok button” and have it flash for a few secs on the screen.

I’ve had to deal with this problem every day since launch (except for 8am PST).
If anything this is a feature request to change the map notifications.

Commander Vox Shatterfall / Ward Zabach / Ifrit the Immolated
Angry Intent | Multiple Servers
WTB Razor Blade Free Candy!

in Suggestions

Michael.4791

Overflow is caused by overcrowding. This one is clear. And I have it on my server too.
Even if it is coinciding with the Lost Shores Event chain, that doens’t mean that the 2 things are connected in any way. Or at least not directly. I guess that Halloween and the Lost Shores drew more people into LA and they decided to linger there.

It doesn’t take me long on overflow and I don’t care. There are more important things to be done. And this one “problem” is not reducing the gaming quality.

in Suggestions

Hamfast.8719

Well it is a huge annoyance to me. Second only to the lack of East, South & West labels on the rotating compass.

(Hey! Don’t be saying it’s okay with you! They’ll NEVER fix the problems if they read that people don’t consider them to be problems. Squeaky wheel, man!)

in Suggestions

Michael.4791

This is a minor problem and it will be solved automatically, when there is another spot where people want to be.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Spikedadragon.6015

Spikedadragon.6015

It isn’t the Dungeon. It is the crafters/trading post kings/banker’s. Look at where the players are all huddled around on the Overflow or regular map. I’m on BP as well, and this is how it is. If it was the Dungeon they’d be overflowing the area of the entrance. They aren’t.

Anywho it is a necessary evil, that is more than welcome.

in Suggestions

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

The fractal runners actually like that the entrance is in an overflow. Because it’s hard enough to find a group just for the level you want, and that once you found one, if you have people from different servers you HAVE to join in an overflow map contrary to all the other dungeons to play together. Some servers do not have access to the overflow from their LA and this limits their ability to form parties for it.

But well, it’s just one of the big failure of the FotM dungeon.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thord.2017

Thord.2017

Having the dungeon outside Lions Arch is not a bad idea.

It should be moved to The Mists, after all it is called Fractals of the Mists for a reason. Other dungeons have a connection to the Map / Personal Story. The fractals dungeon has nothing to do with Lions Arch and everything to do with The Mists which is defined by Arenanet as “The Mists is the proto-reality that exists between the worlds which in turn are the building blocks of reality”, Fractals is just that … a bit of everything as far as I know.

Warrior level 80, Guardian level 80, Ranger level 80, Thief level 80, Elementalist level 60

Server: Gunnars Hold [EU]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Axvil.2839

Axvil.2839

My guild has players on multiple servers, and the only way we can get into the same Fractal instance is through the overflow.
If Anet found a way to maintain a cross server LFG and grouping system outside the overflow, then sure.. go for it.
Otherwise, I don’t mind waiting a few extra seconds to load into LA.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zemi.4137

Zemi.4137

I think the dungeon could be moved to the new map.

in Suggestions

Posted by: smiley.1438

smiley.1438

My guild has players on multiple servers, and the only way we can get into the same Fractal instance is through the overflow.
If Anet found a way to maintain a cross server LFG and grouping system outside the overflow, then sure.. go for it.
Otherwise, I don’t mind waiting a few extra seconds to load into LA.

This.

Anyway, that LFG spam in LA is annoying and the mapchat practically unusable. So please ArenaNet implement guesting as soon as possible! (hey, guesting was promised long before release!)

in Suggestions

Hamfast.8719

The other problem with being in the overflow is that you can’t see party members elsewhere in the world. Their dots don’t show up on your map until you can get back into the “real” world. So if they want you to come to where they are, you have to exit town first to get out of the Overflow, THEN you can see them.

in Suggestions

Hamfast.8719

It isn’t the Dungeon. It is the crafters/trading post kings/banker’s. Look at where the players are all huddled around on the Overflow or regular map. I’m on BP as well, and this is how it is. If it was the Dungeon they’d be overflowing the area of the entrance. They aren’t.

Anywho it is a necessary evil, that is more than welcome.

It is most certainly NOT welcome by many people. It IS evil, and it is NOT necessary since it would be so easy to correct.

Also, the crowds in EVERY town are around the banks, trading post, and crafting NATURALLY – those are the primary activities in town. The overflow issue MUST be caused by the dungeon because it only began on “Karka weekend” and has continued ever since. Before that there were no overflow issues (beyond the initial game launch week.)

in Suggestions

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

IMO, it should be in Rata Sum as an Asuran Dungeon. The Arcane Council would love to have that technology.

While we’re at that, I want to have similar dungeons at all the racial cities.

Divinity Reach would have the same dungeon that Dougal went through or go back into time to experience Ebon vanguard’s journey to building Ebonhawke.
Black Citadel has the Bane.
The Grove could use some Dreams of Dreams stuff.
Hoelbrak could do some test of courage.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Suggestions

Hamfast.8719

AT the racial cities would be fine. But IN the racial cities would be game-wide disaster. The last thing we need is to be sent to the overflow everyplace we go.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Retrospek.4583

Retrospek.4583

I agree, the overflow even causes an issue when joining parties for doing dungeons. It seems the overflow is coded as being an instance itself, and won’t let people in the overflow enter Fractals of the Mist who aren’t in the overflow, and vice versa. It’s really annoying, and like the OP pointed out, moving the dungeon elsewhere would certainly reduce (if not eliminate) the overflow queue.