Much Needed Gameplay Mechanics

in Suggestions

Posted by: Louiziana.2180

Louiziana.2180

I have a few very great improvement ideas that would help all of us out a lot.

Map:
1. (search bar) let us search for an area, or name on the map

2. more detailed key.

3. Option to hide / unhide green quest (story line) icon from minimap.

Friends / Party:
1. Give us an option to teleport to waypoint when Leader of party teleports.
if some people don’t want that option box popping every time a leader teleports. add a setting option to (enable/disable Request Teleport to waypoint)

2. enable/disable option to hide my main quest and see a party members main quest LET ME EXPLAIN _When a friend is starting out a new character, you want to help them. But it is hard when you cannot see what their objective is. YES when you enter an instance with them, you can see their quest line, and details of the objective. just would like that to be further improved while outside an instance. _

3. Make Party icon bigger and stick out more on the big map to find a party member more easily when in total different areas.

Even Better Achievement UI
The New UI is great i really like it a lot, but a few more options in my opinion would make it even sweeter.

1. To be able to Categorize All By:
Rewards
Level of Completeness
Closest to MY current location
Possible AP
& Time Limit,
for the ones that are timed, such as dragon bash. ( i missed the fireworks display and cool helmet because, i didn’t know the firework achievement would only last about a week. Would have been nice to know that.

2. Auto removal for completed Achievements from watch list.
(took this idea from a different poster)

3. Thats really it haha the new UI is great.

Feel free to post your ideas, thoughts, and concerns.
P.s. For the ones that will most likely say, theres already a topic on this look it up. Number One: I searched this forum for multiple of my keywords and found nothing, Number Two: I would rather make my own topic anyways.
Number Three: Why don’t you just make a topic about people making too many topics, label it. “I’m a complainer”.

Thanks Guys!

youtube.com/jacobizreal

(edited by Louiziana.2180)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fey Zeal.7032

Fey Zeal.7032

You can set markers you (alt + left click)

If by green quest marker you mean the Story Line marker, yes that would be nice to hide, along with everything in the upper right corner. And it would be nice to be able to hide commander tags, as they seem to like to cover up everything at times.

in Suggestions

Louiziana.2180

You can set markers you (alt + left click)

If by green quest marker you mean the Story Line marker, yes that would be nice to hide, along with everything in the upper right corner. And it would be nice to be able to hide commander tags, as they seem to like to cover up everything at times.

Yep true about commander markers, especially outside of wvw like really? who cares about a commander outside of wvw lol. and thanks for the headsup about setting markers on the map, maybe they could make it easier for noobs to know its even an option. (right click . set marker)

youtube.com/jacobizreal

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

a commander outside wvwvw has its uses, you may not understand it because you probably don’t do guild missions, but it’s a very useful feature, easy to spot by everyone since we can only see party members in map and since guild missions require more than 5 people

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

in Suggestions

Louiziana.2180

a commander outside wvwvw has its uses, you may not understand it because you probably don’t do guild missions, but it’s a very useful feature, easy to spot by everyone since we can only see party members in map and since guild missions require more than 5 people

Correct, i can understand that, that’s why a toggle on/off commander marker would be great. for those of us who have no intention on guild missions at the moment. with three and four on a small minimap, they get very annoying, being they are just as big as the story line icons.

youtube.com/jacobizreal

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

oh yes a toggle on/off is ok, i was just pointing out that not all the commanders in pve are doing this to show off (but i am well aware that others do it all the time for no reason, i guess they have something small to hide in plain sight? ^^)

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

in Suggestions

Louiziana.2180

oh yes a toggle on/off is ok, i was just pointing out that not all the commanders in pve are doing this to show off (but i am well aware that others do it all the time for no reason, i guess they have something small to hide in plain sight? ^^)

Very Possible

youtube.com/jacobizreal

in Suggestions

Louiziana.2180

How about VOICE CHAT? , for parties, & guilds. and maybe commanders on wvwvw

youtube.com/jacobizreal

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I’m actually impressed, these kinds of suggestions are usually full of stupid crap that only benefits a very small and select group of likeminded individuals.

These are actually very useful mechanical updates.

Just a few comments.

For Friends/Party 2) You already asked for the option to hide and unhide your quest indicator, I don’t want to replace mine with theirs, I would just like to see theirs, probably in a different color.

3) It doesn’t necessarily need to be bigger or more obtrusive, just make it show up like nearby events and waypoints. If they’re not in your immediate view have the dot show on the edge of the screen in the direction they are.

Achievement UI 1) While a timer would be nice to see, you really can’t blame them for not knowing the duration of the events. they were pretty clearly labeled in a few locations on the website. You may not think you should need to check the website for information, but I and probably ANet does not seem to agree on that point.

I really like all the rest as they are. Good post.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Louiziana.2180

I’m actually impressed, these kinds of suggestions are usually full of stupid crap that only benefits a very small and select group of likeminded individuals.

These are actually very useful mechanical updates.

Thanks haha. The different colored “party member idea” is a very good one.
and yep i can see where them adding the info to the site, is helpful in a way. But i think to a gamer, i shouldn’t have to go onto the website, or search a wiki to find out info that i feel should be provided in-game. But i still agree with what you said non-the-less! haha thanks for the input.

youtube.com/jacobizreal

in Suggestions

Posted by: colsonjd.1920

colsonjd.1920

I would like the ability to see where the Black Lion Trade icons are on any map, not try to guess where they might be.

in Suggestions

Louiziana.2180

I would like the ability to see where the Black Lion Trade icons are on any map, not try to guess where they might be.

Good idea

youtube.com/jacobizreal