Multi-Classing Please!

Multi-Classing Please!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Multi-Classing
Lately, the game has stagnated quite a bit towards a lot of things, people are dieing way too fast now and there just doesn’t seem to be enough customization in the game, with recent games coming out I would like to bring up my suggestion for “Multi-Classing!”
After you aquire level 80, you unlock an option to pick a second class, be careful because this has consequences, if you are a high health class like warrior for example, and you pick elementalist, your health will be cut down! Your health will be reduced to 15,082, just like Mesmer/Engineer/Ranger, because you picked a Low health character. Your armor will also be reduced as well a little bit, however you will be able to wear cloth and plate as appearance.

Unlocks
When you pick a second class, you will unlock a second: 6/7/8/9/0 Slot. This means you will have 2 healing slots, 3 more utility slots and another elite, however these have penaltys as well.
You can only have up to 2 tier’s of abilitys to your second class. This means you cannot take your secondary classes elites.
The secondary Elite Slot and the secondary 9 slot, must be filled with “Racial” abilities only, this means race will have a choice and matter, however all racial abilities must be balanced first before this is enforced.

Class Mechanics
You can only have the class mechanic you first picked unfortunately, however traits that work with class mechanics are changed based on the class you have. For example, if I was a necromancer and I picked “Building Momentum Burst skills restore endurance” from warrior, it would be “Death Shroud skills restore Endurance” not as much as a warrior’s burst would, but enough to matter.

No changes to weapon skills, but picking a second class gives them flavor. For example if your a warrior and your secondary class is necromancer, your attacks can steal a little bit of life and have the necromancer’s trail instead of the warriors. Same with a Guardian-Necro.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Multi-Classing Please!

in Suggestions

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Would be hard to balance, nay… Impossible to balance with current system.

Plus I don’t like the idea.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

Multi-Classing Please!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

NO…… and – A-net have stated why Before…

Kima & Co

Multi-Classing Please!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yata.8932

Yata.8932

No, it’s not gonna happen, but sometime soon we are slated to get new traits and skills, so hang in there.

Multi-Classing Please!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

I was going to write a longer post responding to why every single one of the subsections would be OP, but I realized that it would be too long.

Honestly, think for a second here. Notoriously, none of the game modes have achieved a state that could be called “balance”. What makes you think they could do this with twice the variables? Because that’s what you’re asking.

Now, the current utilities that we have would result in some pretty seriously overpowered combinations with certain traits. Think anyone with signets that have identical passives. How would you love a Guardian that has two signets removing two conditions every 10 seconds? Or maybe a 9 Signet warrior? A Healing Shout Warrior with 6 shouts? Every single condi build with Epidemic, Corrupt Boon and Plague Signet? Mace/Shield Warrior with Signet of Domination?