Multiple Specs

Multiple Specs

in Suggestions

Posted by: DrakeWurrum.6049

DrakeWurrum.6049

Can we get a little tab in our trait window that allows us to, with a short cooldown even, swap between 2-3 pre-set trait builds, when outside of combat specifically?

Due to the nature of how this game works, with not every set of skills and traits working for all things equally, I often find myself wishing that I could adjust my trait build without having to waypoint to a city and spend coin at an NPC. From fight to fight in a dungeon, or from DE to DE, I’m often wishing I could switch that all up on the fly.

It’s easier in PvP. Between every match, you can change up your build for whatever you need, free of charge, right there in the lobby. Though in that case, you still have the problem of being unable to adjust your build for the sake of countering the other team more effectively.

Sure, I can change individual major traits, for when I change to other skills and weapon sets, but then I’m not using a build that benefits the playstyle I just switched to!

I hope you haven’t forgotten my role in this little story. I’m the leading man.
You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

(edited by DrakeWurrum.6049)

Multiple Specs

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daboris.6730

Daboris.6730

Yeah, this makes sense. A lot of trait builds work differently with different weapon sets or utility skills. With so many things to work with, it would only be beneficial to add something like this, encouraging different types of playstyles and thought processes for dungeons. I understand the idea of any class being able to fulfill any role, and this will only contribute to that.

As a Guardian, I can use many weapon sets, but there’s no real point if all my traits are geared toward one-hand weapons or the like. Would a burn build be more beneficial versus this dungeon where the mobs are alive long enough for the burn to matter? Do I want a build to really empower my spirit weapons, staying ranged and allowing them to do their thing? All of these things can be experimented with if this option is allowed, and can really give players a lot more freedom when going from say, PvE exploration/open-world fighting to a dungeon environment that may require a much more specific/helpful build.

Definitely worth looking into. Also noted, there are a few topics on this already.

“Those dolls they were making underground… Did you think they look like me?”
-Vivi

Multiple Specs

in Suggestions

Posted by: kagemitsu.3657

kagemitsu.3657

This would be an awesome feature and I was surprised to see it’s not in the game already.

I play almost exclusively PVP, and I’d love to be able to save 2-3 trait combinations to swap as needed during matches. Also, since I like to try a lot of different builds, I’d like to save and keep those that worked well for me.

(class stronger than mine) is OP. (my class) is underpowered. (classes I beat easily) are fine.

Multiple Specs

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rage The Numbers.7943

Rage The Numbers.7943

I just posted the same thing:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Pls-bring-back-character-build-templates-like-in-GW1-for-utility-and-traits/first#post107461

Change your topic to be more descriptive, in case ArenaNet is only scanning topic text.

Rage The Nornynorn – Guild Leader [RR] Reddit Refugees
Sanctum of Rall
http://www.reddit.com/r/Reddit_Refugees – Visit the site for Recruitment!

Multiple Specs

in Suggestions

Posted by: peacemaker.5634

peacemaker.5634

Yes please. As a thief, I actually like 4 total kits for different scenarios, so I’m having to carry around extra weapons and my traits aren’t optimal for the other sets. I’d at least like a different spec for WvW and PvE.

Jonathade [Gate of Madness]

Multiple Specs

in Suggestions

Posted by: purpleflyingllamaz.4317

purpleflyingllamaz.4317

I completely agree, especially with the fact that it makes no sense for us to be able to switch traits on the fly in PvP but not in PvE.

Multiple Specs

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nanfoodle.2439

Nanfoodle.2439

I want quad spec. 2 for PvE and 2 for PvP. 2 solo builds and 2 team based builds. I hope this is added soon.

Multiple Specs

in Suggestions

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

This makes total sense, specially when even in gw1 you could save build templates and load them up as need arises. It also reminds me of Rift for some reason.

Multiple Specs

in Suggestions

Posted by: Malloway.7382

Malloway.7382

+1 for Multiple Specs

PvE/WvW
- Make it so you have to buy each extra spec; 1g for the first, 5g for the second, and 25g for the 3rd. Extra specs should not be cheap!
- Make it so you can only switch specs out of combat, and put a 3m cooldown on switching, as not to make it too overpowered. (Remove the cooldown if in a City)

sPvP
- Make unlocking extra specs purchasable with Glory (I don’t sPvP so I can’t say how much each rank should cost, but keep it in line with PvE/WvW costs)
-Switching specs in sPvP can be done with no cooldown outside of a match, in the Heart of the Mists. However once you enter a battle, a cooldown of 2 min is applied (personaly I would vote for not being able to switch at all in a battle, but I would get flamed by all the hardcore sPvP people out there lol)

Multiple Specs

in Suggestions

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Why limit it to a couple specs? As mentioned by an earlier poster, in GW1 we were able to save gear and skill (traits/utilitys in the case of gw2) templates separately. And I do not think there was a limit to how many of these could be saved. The pre-saved gear setups could only be loaded in the pvp lobbies, but the skill builds could be loaded anywhere (in outposts). Just another great feature of GW1 that is missing from GW2.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

Multiple Specs

in Suggestions

Posted by: Malloway.7382

Malloway.7382

The difference between GW1 and GW2 is that GW1 is as much a mmo as Vindictus is (which isn’t much) . GW2 is a completely different game. It takes on more traditional mmo aspects, as much as some people would like to disagree. In all mainstream, successful mmos, there have been caps on how many specs you are able to have, and the price per spec increases with the more you purchase.

Also I highly doubt Anet will go from 0 – infinite, its much more likely just to start off asking for a set number and hope Christmas comes early.