Multiple Ways to Acquire Legendaries

in Suggestions

Posted by: bionaknight.9210

bionaknight.9210

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I like this idea and I want to share it:

Now, I, personally, would be happy if the means to acquire Legendaries were different. But, others may get upset if they were downright changed. So, i’d suggest drawing on the element that makes it able to play through two of the same races and have different storylines: Options. Let’s take Sunrise as an example:

Prerequisite Weapon: In addition to combining four of the right kind of weapon exotic or higher, how about a one-player-only instanced area that combines elements of a jump puzzle with a series of battles. You might solve a puzzle to open a door leading to a few waves of various dragonspawn minions, leap across some floating rocks, have a showdown with a huge elemental, then reach a chest. In the chest, you would find three Legendary Artifacts. Take them and combine them with one Exotic of the kind of weapon you’d want, and you’d get either Dawn or Dusk. Assuming you get Dawn, we’ll move from there.

To get the Gift of Fortune, there would be several options. First is the current one. The Second is to find the four pieces of it scattered across Tyria and recreate them in the Forge. Third could be to climb a mountain, enter a hidden cave, and answer a series of challenging riddles. The possibilities are endless. The other gifts would be acquired in a series of appropriate means: Gift of Metal could be acquired through a hidden Deldrimor deposit deep in the Shiverpeaks. Gift of Light could be in a forgotten temple atop a mountain. The Runestones could be found in any number of ways, and the Sigil could be a drop from a hidden boss in Ascalon. The Gift of Mastery should be acquired by (obviously) proving your mastery of the game. It should involve elements from each aspect of GW2.

And that’s an example of my idea. Keep in mind that some acquisition methods would be altered to be more appropriate to the weapon. Feedback, anyone?

For battle, glory, and legend! -Pauriak, 80 Norn Warrior, Jade Quarry Server.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hisuichan.7983

Hisuichan.7983

Mm, I think the main problem with that is that the process is a timesink intentionally; all of the suggestions you made are really cool, but also much faster ways of doing it, and the point of legendaries seems to be a long-term goal as you play. To the extent you make it short and sweet, you finish a key portion of the end game much sooner and have less incentive to continue playing.

That is not to say I’m very happy with the system they have now – I have anxiety issues about crowds and negative attention in competitive PVP that stops me from taking part in WvW and meant I had to completely abandon even trying to obtain a legendary (which I was otherwise prepared to do all the pre-requisites for), so I greatly disapprove of the fact that they made playing a lot of PVP a mandatory aspect of obtaining a PVE weapon.

But you have to acknowledge the reasons why the process is meant to be time-consuming, since you are talking about one of the cornerstone projects of the end game. That’s my two cents, at least, as a disappointed but understanding fan who can never get one.