Multiple guild chats

Multiple guild chats

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zora.5730

Zora.5730

IDEA: The ability to view multiple guild chats at once, allowing response and visability to the chat of other guilds you’re not currently representing

How I would go by doing it: You would give the guilds you’re in numbers (For example Guild1 and Guild2, possibly through a drop down list when you enter the guild tab) and then have the choice of which guild chats you view with a simple tick box option. This would allow you to stop viewing a guild chat of one guild if you think talking to them would be unnecessary and just fill your chat box. To have the ability to talk in the different guild chats, you could use the commands /g2 or /guild2 to talk to the second guild. Set the first guild you join automatically as /g1 or /g0 and make /g lead to the original as well.

How I’d think it would look:
Typing: [Guild1]:TEXT HERE

Chat Box: [ GUILD TAG HERE ] NAME HERE: TEXT HERE

Optional implementations:
-Possibly to include a /gall or /guildall to send the message to all the guilds you currently have chat enabled with.
-The ability to make separate chat boxes that show certain guild chats that you choose
-Customisable colours per guild chat to easily differentiate them without reading the tag or if 2 share a tag.

Thank you for reading and sorry for making it look so bland >.< I didn’t know how to come about explaining this as I’m not so brilliant at explaining. Please consider the idea ^^ anything wrong with my suggestion or any input you have, whether it be negative or positive is all welcome. And once again, thanks for reading. :3

Multiple guild chats

in Suggestions

Posted by: cyberqat.9238

cyberqat.9238

This is a good idea but rather then numbers it should be your guild tag

eg [Guild:IRP]

or even better just /<tag>

eg /IRP Whats up guys?

Additionally, I would like to see an option where all your guild tags were displayed instead of just the name of the one currently represented

(edited by cyberqat.9238)

Multiple guild chats

in Suggestions

Posted by: garraeth.3267

garraeth.3267

I don’t presume to know the best way to implement this, but I second the core idea the OP brings up: “The ability to view multiple guild chats at once, allowing response and visibility to the chat of other guilds you’re not currently representing”

Multiple guild chats

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

(edited by robinsiebler.3801)

Multiple guild chats

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zora.5730

Zora.5730

Thank you for all the responses, and I like the idea of that cyberqat, however, what do you do if two guilds you’re in share a guild tag? And wouldn’t the option to display all tags sort of spam your name if you’re in over 5 guilds? Just some food for thought.

And Robinsiebler, sorry about that, I only noticed one that seemed to have died 3 days ago, so I thought I might as well make a new one based on my ideas instead.