My opinion on the heartseeker re-work(it misses ALL the time now)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lycan.4217

Lycan.4217

okay first off I dont have an issue with how and why they did what they did to heartseeker, lets face it, any idiot with no knowledge of how to play thief could spam it and win, but since they re-worked it I find my heartseeker misses almost all the time its extremely frustrating and Im wondering have they accidentally broken the skill.
Lastly please dont go off-topic about how underpowered or OP heartseeker is now, but this thread is about the skills accuracy

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

I only played a thief in beta, but could it be that the range of the skill was adjusted? Maybe you need to stand really close to the enemy now?
(Would make sense for a skill that has the flavor of a killing blow.)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lycan.4217

Lycan.4217

it can be used as a gap closer and range is certainly not an issue when you are inches away from your target

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reynfall.1547

Reynfall.1547

@Jorno – No, the range wasn’t changed, it’s still a leap attack, and I can confirm that they definitely broke it. They don’t seem to playtest Thieves seeing as mobs can still see you in Stealth and how they broke Heartseeker while nerfing it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Hm, maybe it has an unlisted minimum range, then? That it misses if you are standing TOO CLOSE to the enemy?

I’m not saying this is intended, but if you can find out a likely cause or reason for the possibly increased miss chance, you can make a stronger point towards the designers.

If it is a bug, then it will be fixed sooner if you can tell them exactly under what circumstances it occurs.
If it is working as intended, they will be able to provide a specific explanation why it is intended to work that way.

(edited by Jornophelanthas.1475)