NPC that sells Starter item

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Is it possible to have an NPC that sells starter items?

When I started GW2 I was under the impression that my thief was going to be able to buy more hoods in world, little did I know leather helms were all masks some goggles and a hat, if I had known better I would have kept the hood like I did for the goggles of my engie.

(edited by Rizzy.8293)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

have an empty character slot. make a new character with the hood you like.. Buy a “white” head piece. Use a transmutation stone to to get the starter look on the new head piece. This makes it account bound. Put it your bank. Use another transmutation stone with your thief and voila’… your thief will have its hood back. Now, delete the new character and free up the slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

You can transmute the hood from a new character onto a white lv.10 head armor piece, it will then become account bound. Then just put it in your bank, transfer it to your thief and transmute it to whatever piece you’d like.

[edit] Ninja’d x.x

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in Suggestions

Posted by: HuntsForge.3260

HuntsForge.3260

While the transmute thing is an option, it feels like a temporary fix at best. The suggested npc should be in game. I personally don’t want to have to delete a character in order to re-obtain a starter item. +1 to the OP from me.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I’d add that the NPC could also sell the personal story items also.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!