NPCs die too fast.

NPCs die too fast.

in Suggestions

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Anyone feel like they die too fast? It sort of ruins the immersion, since you can just revive them afterwards. Events should also fail if the NPC dies. Just buff their health up or something.

NPCs die too fast.

in Suggestions

Posted by: poot.5487

poot.5487

Friendly NPC AI is abysmal, which certainly doesn’t help. The only time they’re effective at doing anything except dying is when there’s a critical mass of them zerging and spamming debuffing conditions onto a single target.

I can understand many of the DE NPC’s being hapless. That’s their shtick: you’re the hero and they’re the distressed party. But every single NPC should not be standing around waiting for a poison cloud to kill them while they get focus-fired by the 15 guys they aggro’d at half-health and without any backup. That’s just silly.

That poor sailor in Cursed Shore who needs help burning bodies is the worst. She will quite literally sit in poison clouds firing her pistol, and will die every single time a rotmouth wave spawns because she can’t be bothered to move 5 ft. in any direction.

NPCs die too fast.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silverwing.3416

Silverwing.3416

This is terrible in personal story missions. As a charr, my squishy caster warband-mate insists on always being up close and personal to the big group of mobs that I dodged back and swapped to my bow to avoid. I have to rez her after EVERY fight. If there are any other NPCs in the mission, they’ll die 70% of the time too, but nowhere near as often as Eury does.