Name change / Racial change?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eviscera.9703

Eviscera.9703

Are these two things possible? Will they get implented later?

in Suggestions

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

There is already Name Change Contract on the Gem Store.

Race Change might not happen because of the obvious Story Line specific to your character. However Anet hasn’t confirmed anything on that.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

I don’t think they would allow you to change your race, mainly because along with your race comes a specific storyline which only exists for that race. Plus each race comes with race-specific skills in your utility skill section. There are probably a lot of other little details, but being able to change your race after already acquiring these skills and starting a certain storyline is really just not reasonable in the game. The races play a role into your storyline and game experience, more than just a cosmetic thing such as your hair color.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darabolok.1803

Darabolok.1803

Race is just a cosmetic thing. I doubt anyone who wants to change the character’s race is concerned with what happens to the personal story. There are options in that:
- Reset it, you have to do it again from scratch. It can be done as you don’t get item rewards for steps you already received before race change, but that is not really necessary. There is nothing unique there that you cannot acquire by rolling a new character.
- Generate a random line to the point where you are standing. I doubt most would care what is in the personal story log.

Racial skills are also not an issue.
- Refund sill points spent for them
- Do nothing (Again, I doubt most would care to loose some skill point, probably has enough spare to unlock the new racials anyway, and even if not, they are rarely part of any build)

Racial armor:
- Convert it to the new race. This can be abused to get the emperor title by buying one set, and race changing to all the others, but this can be countered by either making the title only consider items in your inventory and bank, or by making the price so high, it would be cheaper to buy the other sets then to race change. This might sound high, but with the current gold inflation, we can get to the 20G to 100 gem ratio quickly anyway.
- Do nothing with it. You can use transmutation stones to transfer the skins to an alt if you want.

There is no limiting factor in theory. The limitation is probably in the architecture (hard to refactor the code to support it) or in the resources (no free developer who can do it).