Necro DoTs damage attractiveness

in Suggestions

Posted by: ditchy.8792

ditchy.8792

Hello all,
I’ve been played gw2 for 2 mths or so, my first lv80 toon is Necro, followed by Guardian then Ele, and a low lv Warrior.

And IMO Necro as DoTs oriented class will be more attractive to players if DoTs damage number shown as accumulative like channeling skills (warrior’s 100b, or ele’s cone of cold. And i wonder why ele’s Dragon breath doesnt shown that way, while DB is channeling skill?).
I’m surely lots of players were like me. we love to see BIG damage number, for example thief’s backstab with crazy 12k-15k crit, or warrior’s 100b.

Blood Jelly (Necromancer) – Bloody Furball. (Guardian) – Bloody Pumpkin (Elementalist)
Regnum Ascalon[RegA] – Devona’s Rest

in Suggestions

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

Condition damage is damage over time dependent on the condition not on your attack.

I have no idea how the game handles damage if you poison your enemy and another player stacks your poison to hold longer.

Also I prefer 20 small 45’s or 25’s falling from my enemy >:3

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

I have no idea how the game handles damage if you poison your enemy and another player stacks your poison to hold longer.

the strongest will tick first, regardless of the order or the duration

Yeah, but it’ll leave the impress alot damage. 20×45dmg is still only 900dmg. That’s below your autoattack.

But yes, making them sum might not be the best idea – especially for duration stacking ones. Alot ppl might misinterpret it (I’ve talked to alot ppl who thought channelling spells do more damage at later hits …).

But maybe I’d like to see both … the current way – displaying each tick, but also a damage number upon infliction; of course flagged as such.

Let’s use Necro’s Scepter #2 as example and to make it easy, default damages from wiki:
direct damage: 235
bleeding: 3 stacks; 7s (893 dmg) … neither devisible by 3 nor 7 … let’s use 2100 dmg instead

The three bleedings tick seven times each. The total damage is 2100, so you see 21 (7×3) ticks of 100 damage – showing the actual damage – as right now.
But additionally, I’d like to see the raw damage upon infliction, like
235 +2100.

It doesn’t show the actual damage, since it could be removed, but it shows you the potential raw damage. Coloring would be needed so you see, that it’s not actual damage, but at the same time you could compare it to direct damage values.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ditchy.8792

ditchy.8792

the strongest will tick first, regardless of the order or the duration

Yeah, but it’ll leave the impress alot damage. 20×45dmg is still only 900dmg. That’s below your autoattack.

But yes, making them sum might not be the best idea – especially for duration stacking ones. Alot ppl might misinterpret it (I’ve talked to alot ppl who thought channelling spells do more damage at later hits …).

But maybe I’d like to see both … the current way – displaying each tick, but also a damage number upon infliction; of course flagged as such.

Let’s use Necro’s Scepter #2 as example and to make it easy, default damages from wiki:
direct damage: 235
bleeding: 3 stacks; 7s (893 dmg) … neither devisible by 3 nor 7 … let’s use 2100 dmg instead

The three bleedings tick seven times each. The total damage is 2100, so you see 21 (7×3) ticks of 100 damage – showing the actual damage – as right now.
But additionally, I’d like to see the raw damage upon infliction, like
235 +2100.

It doesn’t show the actual damage, since it could be removed, but it shows you the potential raw damage. Coloring would be needed so you see, that it’s not actual damage, but at the same time you could compare it to direct damage values.

Thanks man, you point out what i really meant.
My necro with 25stack of condi dmg from sup. sigil of corruption deals 130ish DoTs per tick, while my friend playing beside me can deal 1k-ish damage non-crit auto attack.

I know, it would be very subjective issue, but hey,.its nothing wrong to make necro more attractive class to play right?

Blood Jelly (Necromancer) – Bloody Furball. (Guardian) – Bloody Pumpkin (Elementalist)
Regnum Ascalon[RegA] – Devona’s Rest

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

I can manage 15 stacks of bleed with 150-170 dmg a tick without much difficulty, with highest peaks to 192.

Add to that the fact that part of my bleeds are AoE-based, I can add 5-7 stacks to another mob in the same time. Add my epidemic spamming, I believe that it’s good enough.

So well, the numbers are small, yes, but in the end, they just deal huge amount of dmg, so yes, they are attractive already.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

(edited by Fror.2163)

in Suggestions

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

I just noticed that condition damage should be colored differently from normal damage. It’s confusing in few cases.

The damage of conditions is low because it ignores any armor. However in my opinion condition damage has a modifier that is way too low.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

The damage of conditions is low because it ignores any armor. However in my opinion condition damage has a modifier that is way too low.

In PvE, yeah. That’s why 20 flying numbers confuse the source, because you might think “wow, I deal alot damage”.

in Suggestions

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

In PvE, yeah. That’s why 20 flying numbers confuse the source, because you might think “wow, I deal alot damage”.

Yeah, you actually would deal a lot of damage. If the modifier for bleeding wouldn’t be 0.05, and the modifier for poison wouldn’t be 0.10.

Just look at burning: 0.25. I seriously dunno about this. You need 100 on condition damage to get 5 more bleeding on poison, 10 more dmg on poison and 25 more dmg on burning.