Necro: Flesh golem, inanimate objects

in Suggestions

Posted by: thor.3904

thor.3904

Flesh golem is the only Necro minion that cannot swim. And every time you enter water for like 1 sec the silly creature drowns and you are stuck to the 1 min cooldown. So making it so that it could swim would really help, even if it is just at the surface.

Inanimate objects…. I personally run a mixed setup from power/condi with staff, scepter/dagger. We do like no dmg against objects…. Even when swapping to zerker ( I know you cannot always crit objects) and dagger or axe our dmg output is like nothing compared to other classes.

World bosses (inc TA tree bosses). This kinda follows up with inanimate objects since they are mainly seen as objects in the game. It would also be nice if marks would trigger on world bosses. I know a lot of us run staff as main weapon but the way it is set up now our marks are useless.

in Suggestions

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Flesh Golem,

This is by far one of the bests elites in the game. The no water abillity is there to make it not too OP.

Inanimate objects: Again this has to do with balance. I do change to Scepter/warhorn during those kind of fights (I know warhorn isnt super for fighting but I like the locust swarm a lot between fights and you can only have two weaponsets equiped). I do believe the staff is powerfull enough for all other purpose and there is no need to change the staff for this. More in general I do believe the dagger and eaxe MH should be made better. This would also solve your problem cause it is more interesting to swap for these kind of fights.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shades.4572

Shades.4572

I agree when ever i run as my necro It is highly annoying have my Flesh Golem drown all the time. I also don’t even care if they just make him swim on the surface and not attack the fact being when I get out of the water having to wait for that cooldown is bothersome.

I do wish the staff would be set off by more stuff. Seeing as how they are pretty useless against world bosses. An idea for a fix could be to have it stay as it is and enemies can set it off when they run over it, but also add a manually trigger. That way we can lay out marks and trigger them on the world bosses.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Supreme.7352

Supreme.7352

Flesh Golem, as silly as it is, Doesn’t work underwater because of the Charge attack it gets. I am guessing the animation caused it to do really silly things and the unique rigging on the model made it hard to animate new swimming, charging, attacking, etc animations.

I can only imagine before they made it unable to use underwater it could do some pretty stupid things, like charge straight up in the air and act like free willy.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shades.4572

Shades.4572

In all honesty I really don’t care if the Golem does absolutely nothing in the water but swim and get hit by things. It’s just having to wait for the cooldown after going in the water for a second is such a pain.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kitedyou.1720

Kitedyou.1720

I stopped using the d@mn Golem for that very reason…the fact that it is so hydrophobic it disobeys your summon and disappears. Then you get hit with a cool down…that is just rubbing salt in the wounds.

Sea of Sorrows
Tjegra: 80 Norn Necromancer
Mefitic: OTW to 80 Asura Necromancer

(edited by Kitedyou.1720)

in Suggestions

Posted by: thor.3904

thor.3904

They could always change it’s underwater skill. But yeah, if it can or cannot attack underwater is not the point, the fact that you lose it every time it gets it’s feet wet is what is annoying about it. I’d rather have an useless thing follow me around then having to wait for the cd every time.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vandal.1358

Vandal.1358

Let it change into a Risen Shark underwater, it has the charge/knock down skill already anyway.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

Flesh golem is the only Necro minion that cannot swim. And every time you enter water for like 1 sec the silly creature drowns and you are stuck to the 1 min cooldown. So making it so that it could swim would really help, even if it is just at the surface.

Personally, I’ve never had a problem with this, I run a completely different setup under water and the cooldown really doesn’t bother that much. I have two others to keep me company while waiting on the FG.

Inanimate objects…. I personally run a mixed setup from power/condi with staff, scepter/dagger. We do like no dmg against objects…. Even when swapping to zerker ( I know you cannot always crit objects) and dagger or axe our dmg output is like nothing compared to other classes.

A necro’s primary attack is generally conditions…against “living” opponents, even running zerker, you cannot expect to cause the same kind of physical damage to inanimate objects as a class such as a warrior. Minions will attack inanimate objects.

World bosses (inc TA tree bosses). This kinda follows up with inanimate objects since they are mainly seen as objects in the game. It would also be nice if marks would trigger on world bosses. I know a lot of us run staff as main weapon but the way it is set up now our marks are useless.

I agree that marks should trigger on world bosses, that said, many world bosses have partial, or complete, condition immunity anyway, which makes the marks of less use. I usually run staff for regular PvE and scepter/dagger with 3 minions against world bosses and champions, though I will use the staff for things that throw a ton of AOE like the fire elemental, just to keep as much distance as possible.

in Suggestions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

the flesh horror is the only minion i use for combat, if it could swim i would already be happy.
if the flesh horror can attack it’s good, however, if it can not attack then it should also be invulnerable.
i have no use for a minion that can go under water but can’t attack, it can ether do it’s normal objective or be save from harm.