Necromancer Minions Are Too Uncoordinated

in Suggestions

Posted by: THExMUFFINxMANx.1204

THExMUFFINxMANx.1204

Necromancer Minions, especially Flesh Golems, seem very inadequate in my opinion. The AI of the minions is very poor in which they will randomly stand there and do nothing during combat, and when out of combat, will randomly attack an npc, usually multiple ones. All I am asking is that I think some small unobtrusive action bar needs to be added containing commands that control the aggressiveness of the minions and etc.

Derisan

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gage Cornelius.7412

Gage Cornelius.7412

ArenaNet has stated in the past that they do not want commands like that for Necro minions because then they will be too similar to how a Ranger feels.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I don’t think a separate action bar for the minions would be appropriate, as that is not what minions are intended for (because that’s what a Ranger is for).

However, I do think that some kind of adjustment should be made for the minions to maybe automatically attack whatever you are targeting, rather than choosing their own enemies. Would that work?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

its a mob of dead things… kind of makes sense for them to be unruly imo (though still a tad annoying)

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gage Cornelius.7412

Gage Cornelius.7412

its a mob of dead things… kind of makes sense for them to be unruly imo (though still a tad annoying)

Not quite, they may be unruly, but they are under the control of the Necromancer, they’re not just reanimated to mindlessly bash everything in sight. That would defeat the purpose of an army of the undead.

in Suggestions

Not quite, they may be unruly, but they are under the control of the Necromancer, they’re not just reanimated to mindlessly bash everything in sight. That would defeat the purpose of an army of the undead.

agree to disagree?

80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]

in Suggestions

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

agree to disagree?

No. My Golem’s poor ai has led to several deaths and near death situations solely because someone decided that a button that makes my Golem not run suicidally into elite mobs that can two-shot me to death is inconvenient.

in Suggestions

agree to disagree?

No. My Golem’s poor ai has led to several deaths and near death situations solely because someone decided that a button that makes my Golem not run suicidally into elite mobs that can two-shot me to death is inconvenient.

ive grown quite fond of my golem for his suicidal tendencies… though i cant quite understand why

-just to clarify; i think it makes sense that they act unruly, not that them acting unruly is sometimes annoying (and in a game; a pointless inconvenience)

in Suggestions

Posted by: THExMUFFINxMANx.1204

THExMUFFINxMANx.1204

Now that I look back upon it, I change my mind. They don’t need an action bar, just some greater AI, so they don’t attack random things and get you killed.

Derisan

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Not exactly. Minions have never been under the control of the MM to the extent of kill that guy, They just whack on the first thing they see as minions dont have intelligence .The only difference between the MM of today and the MM of yesteryear is that you no longer need a corpse .

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azaziel.3608

Azaziel.3608

I would love that we could have a button to dismiss or kill it without having to change the skill…
And that the kitten things wouldn’t just stand there while I’m being beaten…

Though I think it would be fun if they could get out of control and turn against you from time to time xD