Need BARD class

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raffie.7865

Raffie.7865

Only a couple MMO’s had the bard class and it was fun.

EQ and DAoC.

www.infowars.com and also lookup Agenda 21
www.graystatemovie.com its coming if you like it or not.

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Um DDO too as D&D is where the Bard class came from to begin with . As for adding it Bard is difficult to balance because its one of those classes that you have to make touch on every other class ( Fighter , Thief and Mage ) without doing any of them well enough to override them . Dont get me wrong I love the Bard and it was all i played in AD&D 2E but i dont think you’ll see it in GW

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blueroseknight.7954

Blueroseknight.7954

Rift was able to make a fun and unique Bard. Having a class that can temporarily charm creatures and play various musical instruments would indeed be fun. Good suggestion imo.

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

That class was a joke in most MMO’s.
WoW have shown one as an April’s fools joke, and in GW2 it was presented as a joke upon Mesmer’s reveal.

Right now I think they’ll mostly focus on making a heavy armour proffession for the next expansion (game currently have 3 light, 3 medium and 2 heavy), so bards are out of the question.

Ether way, they must be very desperate to make a Bard proffession umong all other choices…

…and don’t be toxic!

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xhaiden.3891

Xhaiden.3891

Bard was not fun in DaoC. MINSTREL was fun in DaoC. ;p

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jorjeis.2169

Jorjeis.2169

Shadowbane also had a bard class – in general they are a medium leather wearing support class. Sounds a lot like the engineer doesn’t it…

Member of [KnT] – Blackgate

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

FFXi is old as dirt and they had bard. but i don’t think who came up with bard is relevant, its how they approached them that matters and to some I remember, they liked bard playstyle.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: xRoseofDespairx.9078

xRoseofDespairx.9078

I would love a Bard class. I love music and the though of beaing able to play a musician in my favorite game is….fantastic

“Seize the moment.”

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esorono.1039

Esorono.1039

I would love a bard class so long as it is viable. It’s right up there with a void mage for my favorite concepts.

Playable Tengu please!

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Raffie.7865

In DAoC the Bard was wicked.
In a group with run buffs and good support class.
AOE sleep and other things that made the class very different.
“I got killed by a bard”
“HUH? That music kitten class? He use a sword?”
“No, he used his lute”
Ahhhh good times…
KA-BONG!!!!

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: arcaneclarity.5283

arcaneclarity.5283

That class was a joke in most MMO’s.
WoW have shown one as an April’s fools joke, and in GW2 it was presented as a joke upon Mesmer’s reveal.

Right now I think they’ll mostly focus on making a heavy armour proffession for the next expansion (game currently have 3 light, 3 medium and 2 heavy), so bards are out of the question.

Ether way, they must be very desperate to make a Bard proffession umong all other choices…

Bard was a plate wearing class in Everquest.

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Radthor Dax.3697

Radthor Dax.3697

As of now, Arenanet have said they have no intentions of adding more classes to the game. New races, however, are a different kettle of fish entirely.

~ Radthor Dax, lvl80 Elementalist

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: akuzum.5263

akuzum.5263

LotRO has Minstrel too…

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: akuzum.5263

akuzum.5263

Not plate, it was chain armor which scout classes are worn.
Plate are for tank/berserker/paladin classes…

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lagz.9538

Lagz.9538

Not plate, it was chain armor which scout classes are worn.
Plate are for tank/berserker/paladin classes…

He didn’t say Everquest 2. He said, Everquest. In Everquest they are plate wearers. Google it. I played a bard in Everquest until the big AoE nerf, the reason I left and started playing WoW. Bard was the only class in Everquest that could round up the entire zone and just run circles around them while killing them. Very hard to master technique.

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Prolly not, since Mesmers are rather similar…

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Raffie.7865

Prolly not, since Mesmers are rather similar…

Mesers are nothing like a Bard.
No class is like a Bard in GW2.

He should be able to play the flute, lute, bongos and the dreaded bag pipes which is the uber AOE attack.

Do need the class again so El Kabong can live once more.

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tradewind.6913

Tradewind.6913

Only, and only if, it gets an ability called “Song of My People.”

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: skirge.6421

skirge.6421

I liked the concept of the Bard that they had in Vanguard, too bad the game bombed so hard (with just cause)

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Oh. we already have that.

Didn’t you know…?

Some people think the minstrel is ANet’s way of telling us that something like that won’t happen.

What would they do, anyways? Take out instruments that replace their skills? Elementalists and engineers already have kits and conjures.

And when it comes to charms and things like those, it’s the real of the Mesmer.

On top of that, in GW2 lore, Mesmers are often performers like actors and musicians.

I think it would be nice to have bards, but I’ll see it more as an out-of-battle job. Something to do in cities and social hubs.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

I guess a bard would… oh, come up with a very catchy tune that anyone who hears it just can’t get out of their heads. Very powerful class!

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Raffie.7865

If you don’t like the bard, what about Space Marines!
Pew pew pew
ZAP!
But steam-punkish tho.

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Radthor Dax.3697

Radthor Dax.3697

If you don’t like the bard, what about Space Marines!
Pew pew pew
ZAP!
But steam-punkish tho.

See: Commando.

:)

~ Radthor Dax, lvl80 Elementalist

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Twaddlefish.6537

Twaddlefish.6537

The Minstrel in LOTRO was essentially the healer though, even if Runekeepers could spec healing I saw very few.

I think that if something was introduced like this it’d have to be similar in play style to a condition build necro. And be called a spoony bard.

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Andiana.6381

Andiana.6381

minstrel was by far my favourite class in daoc, would love for gw2 to bring in a simmilar style class

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alucardrx.8930

Alucardrx.8930

Only a couple MMO’s had the bard class and it was fun.

EQ and DAoC.

How could you ever forget about FFXI??

Yea, bard would be interesting to have.

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phoenix the One.4071

Phoenix the One.4071

Hmm maybe two plate classes: a semi-caster 2 handed brute with attubements like elementalist and a monstrous gauntlet (like nightmare from soul calibur) weilding the 2 h i one hand and changing apperance after attunement.
A more mobile polearm/spear and shield wielding paragon.

One new adventure profession like a bard, heavily depending on music and cords, having shatter abilities like mesmer, but shattering peices of music to destrurb the opponents.

And one new caster profession which are melee (ofc also range but like a cloth thief) with high mobility, enhancing attacks with magic conditions like confuse and blinding, using blink abilities.

Not very creative but jus like e ideas:D

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sartheris.8456

Sartheris.8456

Cool, lets also add Gunslinger, Sith Lord, Witcher, Dragonborn and Nuclear Physicist.
Ever tried to think a little before coming up with such ridiculous suggestions? Like, maybe, perhaps, probably, I dont know, stupid idea, THEY DONT HAVE PLACE IN THIS GAME WORLD???

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

THEY DONT HAVE PLACE IN THIS GAME WORLD???

You’re wrong on soooo many levels. First and foremost, there are Bard NPCs all over Hoelbrak; but those are Celtic type bards which – awesome as they are – aren’t exactly what people are asking for. (But they are awesome and it would be something worth roleplaying. There’s even this great little interaction between a child NPC and a Bard: “Can you do magic?”, No “A puppet show?” No, “Dance?” Listen kid, I’m not that kind of bard. [or something very close to that])

Second, in a middle ages styled setting we’re gonna have singers and entertainers to spare … we already have the Circus and its offshoots; the bards are there, they just aren’t PCs.

Problem is, for PCs, the Mesmer kinda fills the role of bard, lore wise. Like someone else said, they are presented like entertainers and magicians, at least in the human kingdoms.

Charr bards would be a lot different, probably like the rythm keepers on ships and in work crews – banging on drums and singing songs to labor bye.

Every Asura bard is a Shakespeare in the making – coming up with new made up words and ways of saying things that no one else has used.

Sylari bards are probably poets, catching places and moments in their words.

Norn are the lore keepers, warriors and writers of epics.

All of these can be RPed, and would be a lot more fun to roleplay from another class than just play mechanically. I’d love to have some instruments that swapped us out some power sets, though, that would be awesome. (maybe something we could buy from the gem store)

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: CTzar.8542

CTzar.8542

I’ve only played bards in two MMOs (DAoC and Rift), but they were both near the top of me favorite classes (I had 5 bards in DAoC, including a battle bard that was one of the funnest things I’ve ever played).

So yeah, I’d be all for this.

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zetoe.1327

Zetoe.1327

Not until we get fencer and monk

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Rizzy.8293

posting for rights

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Rizzy.8293

THEY DONT HAVE PLACE IN THIS GAME WORLD???

You’re wrong on soooo many levels. First and foremost, there are Bard NPCs all over Hoelbrak; but those are Celtic type bards which – awesome as they are – aren’t exactly what people are asking for. (But they are awesome and it would be something worth roleplaying. There’s even this great little interaction between a child NPC and a Bard: “Can you do magic?”, No “A puppet show?” No, “Dance?” Listen kid, I’m not that kind of bard. [or something very close to that])

Second, in a middle ages styled setting we’re gonna have singers and entertainers to spare … we already have the Circus and its offshoots; the bards are there, they just aren’t PCs.

Problem is, for PCs, the Mesmer kinda fills the role of bard, lore wise. Like someone else said, they are presented like entertainers and magicians, at least in the human kingdoms.

Charr bards would be a lot different, probably like the rythm keepers on ships and in work crews – banging on drums and singing songs to labor bye.

Every Asura bard is a Shakespeare in the making – coming up with new made up words and ways of saying things that no one else has used.

Sylari bards are probably poets, catching places and moments in their words.

Norn are the lore keepers, warriors and writers of epics.

All of these can be RPed, and would be a lot more fun to roleplay from another class than just play mechanically. I’d love to have some instruments that swapped us out some power sets, though, that would be awesome. (maybe something we could buy from the gem store)

They’re called Skaalds, and the last time a Skaald joined the party to fight off the Charr in Jora’s story Blood washes Blood he was a paragon.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Paragon

(edited by Rizzy.8293)

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Rizzy.8293

Not until we get fencer and monk

Fencers are pointless

Monks no longer exist because their training upgraded into Guardians, no longer are they bound to light armour they now wear plate

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Derpnoob.2875

Derpnoob.2875

Allods also has the Bard Class

Derp

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: arcdash.4039

arcdash.4039

Please explain your ideas for a bard other than “I want a bard”. How would its skills work and interact? What would its class ability be? Would it be more complex than an Engi with instruments instead of kits?

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

If they do it RIGHT

For an example of the bard done completely wrong, see D&D, which mistakenly refers to minstrels as bards.

Bards were Poet Warriors, they basically waded in to battle spinning a poem about how they were going rip off your limbs and use your stump of a body as a shield, despoil your land and loved ones, and build a monument to your failure with the corpses of your own men.

Then they would proceed to do so, singlehandedly.

Bards were BAs, not lute carrying sissies. If they want to add a minstrel class, fine, but call it a minstrel, quit defaming bards.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Raffie.7865

The Bard in EQ you could do what was called twisting.
You play 1 AOE tune and click the next one, before the 1st ran out the 2nd would play and vise versa. You could kite and AOE a mob(s). Not the fastest but it worked and have to timing down or you got kiled.
But the bard could AOE light healing.
In a group with the bongos they could really run very fast. They was a bit faster then the druid.

In DA0C they was simular to EQ but could AOE sleep the enemy and other things.

The bard did non-stop AOE (not the target on the gorund type). Did not do mass dmg but it added up over time.

I am sure the programers could come up with something.

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Halloween.3506

Halloween.3506

I would absolutely love playing/roleplaying a bard class in GW2, or at the very least, being provided with instrument kits for use in and outside of combat (possibly Gem Store items). I’m sure ANet has all sorts of cool stuff they plan on adding to the game – it’s only a matter of time.

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

If they were to add a bard they’d need to take it up a notch and make it fight like the assassins in Kung Fu Hustle, sending sound waves that knock people flying and dice them to ribbons.

Silkroad Online was another game that had a bard class, which was fun~ at least pre-botapocalypse days.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Need BARD class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Trock Bronze.9625

Trock Bronze.9625

Allods has a great bard class