Need Cross Server Dungeon LFG system. ;)

in Suggestions

Posted by: ravinhood.3981

ravinhood.3981

This was a big deal in RIFT and really helped get into instances pretty quickly and fast. Took awhile for them to see the advantages of it but they did implement it shortly after the initial release. Hope they do that for GW2 as well.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daihe.8275

Daihe.8275

I haven’t been negative towards Dungeon Finders in and of itself, but a Cross Server Dungeon Finder would make groups much worse. People would be able to be jerks and jack off in a corner without any ramification. Dungeons would become like the Internet with idiots spewing goo all over it. If these kind of things are serverwide instead of cross-server, then people wouldn’t be able to be complete tools without getting them blacklisted. Trust me, I have played WoW from 1 year before the Burning Crusade to 1 year after Cataclysm, which means that I went through all the stages of the LFG-system in there, and every update to it made most dungeon runs worse.

I’m all for a serverwide LFG channel though, since there is technically a LFG function in one of the tabs in the social window. Don’t know how it works though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

I haven’t been negative towards Dungeon Finders in and of itself, but a Cross Server Dungeon Finder would make groups much worse. People would be able to be jerks and jack off in a corner without any ramification. Dungeons would become like the Internet with idiots spewing goo all over it. If these kind of things are serverwide instead of cross-server, then people wouldn’t be able to be complete tools without getting them blacklisted. Trust me, I have played WoW from 1 year before the Burning Crusade to 1 year after Cataclysm, which means that I went through all the stages of the LFG-system in there, and every update to it made most dungeon runs worse.

I’m all for a serverwide LFG channel though, since there is technically a LFG function in one of the tabs in the social window. Don’t know how it works though.

I would disagree with your sentiment. I’ve played WoW for years, and I’ve found the Dungeon Finder to be a WONDERFUL addition. Without it I probably would have given up on WoW for being so frustratingly hard to find dungeon groups. At least there’s map chat and waypointing in GW2 which make it a lot easier.

in Suggestions

Posted by: skaaz.4281

skaaz.4281

They have stated there is no plans to implement a LFG tool.

You can group x-server currently.

There current LFG tool, works only on the map your in. It flags your for LFG and thats pretty much it.

Want something a little more broad right now its head to LA and spam the chat. Or near the instance your wanting to do.

There is this also.

http://guildwars2-lfg.com/

Member of Cradle Guard

in Suggestions

Posted by: skaaz.4281

skaaz.4281

it wont let me edit my silly post to add this link also as another solution to duneon grouping.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Dungeon-guild-for-organising-crossserver-runs/first#post212342

Member of Cradle Guard

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neoryudo.2914

Neoryudo.2914

they have said in many threads the will NOT be adding a cross server match making system, there is a looking for group system in your friend list, thought it is a bit hidden, using this i get invites right away

East North South West North, The gates to Arah will open

in Suggestions

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

kinda need them to actually implement “guesting” before it’d be worth extending the LFG tool to cross server.

But as best I can tell, people don’t find the LFG tool all that useful anyway.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ravinhood.3981

ravinhood.3981

This ^ is ALL totally WRONG because this didn’t happen in RIFT. You’re just making assumptions based on some other game you’ve played but I’ve seen the results of cross sever dungeon group finders and THEY WORK.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I believe we’ll have guesting sooner or later.

Even if you go to other worlds as a guest, you will still keep your own world’s WvW bonuses.

That’s the closest thing we should get.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: artur.9562

artur.9562

Im agree to dungeon lfg system cross server. This can work like GW1 trade. We choose dungeon, mode and can add short text message. Now find people to dungeon is very hard (yesterday i collect party 1 hour). Pls do something with that.