Need louder whisper alert

in Suggestions

Posted by: Velara.8765

Velara.8765

Please add a “ding” or “bell” or some sound to alert you when you get a whisper, even if you have the chat box turned off. An audible would at least alert you that a whisper is coming in.

Also I would love to see an option to display whispered conversations in their own pop-out boxes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ocmano.6301

ocmano.6301

Second this one. You miss a lot of Whispers, cuz, they’er, um, too quiet. . .

Server – Gates of Madness
Guild – Nova Lumina
Main – Ocmano – Warrior 80

in Suggestions

Posted by: peacemaker.5634

peacemaker.5634

I totally agree!

Jonathade [Gate of Madness]

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

I’m bumping this thread up because it’s still something that needs to be addressed. Over the last few days when I’ve been playing, I’ve often found when reading through my chat logs that I’ve missed a few whispers from other players simply because I had no idea they had been sent. Some of these whispers were little more than guild invite spam that I couldn’t care less about, but there were others from people who had wanted assistance nearby and I was probably the only person around so in turn it probably made me look ignorant even though I had no idea I had received them.

As I rarely check the chat window unless I’m actually communicating with people, there really needs to be a sound played when these whispers are received.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Posted by: xerca.6135

xerca.6135

Isn’t there already a sound? I turned my UI sound off in options just because I got tired of that little “ding” all the time someone whispered me.

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

If there is, I never hear it. Having said that, I find this game has a lot of sound lagging issues to begin with, so it could end up playing out with around 10-20 other sounds simultaneously (most noticeable in the main cities)

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amaterasu.8639

Amaterasu.8639

yer great idea want about making the chat box flash for a couple of seconds

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bufnitza.3284

Bufnitza.3284

There’s already a sound for whispers and sometimes it’s even obnoxious (when playing at night, for example).

As for a whisperbox, I found out that creating a new chat windows just for whispers and selecting “Flash on unread messages” in the drop-down options menu of the new window is pretty useful.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

There’s already a sound for whispers and sometimes it’s even obnoxious (when playing at night, for example).

As for a whisperbox, I found out that creating a new chat windows just for whispers and selecting “Flash on unread messages” in the drop-down options menu of the new window is pretty useful.

this really imo the whisper sound is well okay, but it should deffo NOT be louder, if anything i wish it sometimes were more quiet…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Retrospek.4583

Retrospek.4583

If there’s an audible alert for whispers, I have yet to hear it. I play with the sound at a pretty decent level. It would be nice if we could set the wav/mp3 file that plays when we get a whisper, then we could set it however we want with whatever sound effect we want.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Pretty sure if you go into your settings >>>audio and crank the UI volume to max it will raise the ding. I know I got sick of hearing it so I turned it all the way down and I never hear it anymore.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…