Need more control over dailies

in Suggestions

Posted by: matthewr.3980

matthewr.3980

Going into the update, I thought we were going to have full control over which dailies we wanted to do.

When the update went live, I noticed the only control I had over my dailies was that I could pick 5 of the 10 options for dailies.

Every time, there is some dailies I just don’t want to do. Today, I wasn’t even able to come up with 5 I could realistically do. So I got 3 dailies to 100% and will not receive anything for my work today.

We should have more than 10 options. Give us 15. At least if there are a few that I will never take, I should have enough to choose 5 ones I can pull off in the hour, hour’n’half, I have to play.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

More would be nice. Hopefully they’ll keep adding more options as time goes on.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

I could agree with some point here – today I also had a problem with “which daily I should chose” but fortunatelly I found this 5 I needed

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

Seriously the “story steps” daily needs to be a single green dot, no more. Even if that dot is only talking to one person, it should count.
Use the mystic forge 5 times? How about get rid of that daily entirely, people HATE rng…stop trying to force it down our throats. The RNG aspect in the legendary already has most the pve population hating ANet.
The “group events” daily…lose it…ALL events are group events, just stop trying to gate us already.

10 options a day? no. Give every bloody option that can ever be use din a daily and allow US to choose what we want to do day after day. Put all of them up. all 20 or 30 that you have. It’s rediculous to force players through things when the manifesto and the tag line for this game was “play how you want”.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Midnight Gypsy.9360

Midnight Gypsy.9360

They’re all easy, I had it done with in 1 hour. I don’t why people have such a problem with it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Seriously the “story steps” daily needs to be a single green dot, no more. Even if that dot is only talking to one person, it should count.
Use the mystic forge 5 times? How about get rid of that daily entirely, people HATE rng…stop trying to force it down our throats. The RNG aspect in the legendary already has most the pve population hating ANet.
The “group events” daily…lose it…ALL events are group events, just stop trying to gate us already.

10 options a day? no. Give every bloody option that can ever be use din a daily and allow US to choose what we want to do day after day. Put all of them up. all 20 or 30 that you have. It’s rediculous to force players through things when the manifesto and the tag line for this game was “play how you want”.

You get that this was for those people that were already using the mystic forge regularly, right?

Seriously, people can’t be happy. It doesn’t matter how many they give us, someone would find something to complain about.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i bet if they were 100 and you should pick just 1 people would totally kitten about it

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Remember back when dailies = 4 things? Kill Count, Kill Variety, Gathering, Events. Everyone could do it, in every zone, no matter what. This new system is stupid, and they just need to take it back to how it was at release.

How far that little candle throws its beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- William Shakespear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

So you couldn’t find 5 of those? Woow! I don’t see a difference you had gatherer, 2 group events (c’mon everyone kills the troll 2 + times), healer, kill variety, aquatic slayer.
You are either too lazy to think or you dont have the ability to choose things when you are faced with it, They took me 30 min to complete

in Suggestions

Midnight Gypsy.9360

it was 5 things, I don’t remember it being 4.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

yes, in fact now in order to complete your daily you have to posses the toon of another player and go in another mmo map. let’s face the truth, no one can really complete it because you know i had to do events before, now instead i have to do events, i had to gather before, and now instead i have to gather. i had to kill before, and now instead i have to kill… impossible, really! /sarcasm

every daily can be done in every zone even now, this is the all point of daily revamp actually. make it doable wherever to have players scattered in all maps.

and old daily were all done in frostgorge sound, or maybe orr for ori nodes and ancient sapling btw. or you prefered chop trees in queensdale?

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

in Suggestions

It was four at the start of the game. You obviously weren’t around.

The problem with the new system isn’t that it’s not possible to do, it’s just not possible to do in under 7 minutes anymore, and that’s just stupid.

- William Shakespear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Loyheta.3754

Loyheta.3754

I just want a convenient progress indicator on the side so I can see how I am doing at a glance.

in Suggestions

Midnight Gypsy.9360

It was four at the start of the game. You obviously weren’t around.

The problem with the new system isn’t that it’s not possible to do, it’s just not possible to do in under 7 minutes anymore, and that’s just stupid.

I was around from day one, I remember it always being 5. It’s should take about 30 mins-1 hour to do. That’s not too much to ask. I didn’t do it too much to start off with.

(edited by Midnight Gypsy.9360)

in Suggestions

Posted by: AstralDusk.1670

AstralDusk.1670

If they just threw up every daily permutation at once, it wouldn’t be ‘choose your daily.’ It would be ‘accidentally complete your daily while sneezing,’ because you don’t have to manually choose 5 in the current system. Whatever 5 finish first, you’re done.

I agree that it couldn’t hurt to bring the number up to 10 or 15, though. The more options the better. But then you have to realize that if they upped the choice, that just means the goals will become even more obscure. They want you to branch out of your routine. That’s the whole point, guys.

If doing stuff you don’t typically care to do doesn’t sit well with you, then complain about the reason you feel compelled to do what you don’t want to do anyway. It’s not the daily system that’s forcing you. It’s the laurel system.

in Suggestions

Midnight Gypsy.9360

I thinks Nels would just like to have it handed to him when he logs in based on what he said. It should take more than “7 minutes or under”.

(edited by Midnight Gypsy.9360)

in Suggestions

Some of us have jobs, families, and other obligations on our time. We’re also the people who make up most of the ~$60 million A-net is worth.

The achievements took the average person a bit longer than they took me, but I’m good at getting things done. And it was four achievements, look at the wiki history. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Daily&oldid=391793

Kills, kill variety, gatherer, events. Simple, sweet, doable in any zone without any stopping of the combat.

- William Shakespear

in Suggestions

Midnight Gypsy.9360

It’s fine the way it is Nels, and I believe they will add more to chose from as times goes on, that’s the way it should be. If you don’t like it don’t do it, or balance with the rest of ur life like all of us do. I see you on here posting a lot why not use that time to get you’re daily done? You have time to do it if you have time to spend an hour here posting on the forums. So don’t give us you don’t have time, you’ve been posting here for at least an hour.

in Suggestions

Oh, I’m not gaming that much right now, as I’m no where near my gaming PC.

See, while I have the time to browse forums on my phone, GW2 isn’t Skyrim, and can’t be played from a phone.

- William Shakespear

in Suggestions

Midnight Gypsy.9360

how much are you able to log on per week?

in Suggestions

In the working season, about 30 minutes a week.

In the off season, it really depends.

EDIT:
I’ll break this down, so it’s easy for anyone. During the working season, (Late October through May) I work 16-18 hours a day, 7 days a week. I wake up in the morning, and have my five minute kitten, shower, shave routine. Then I go to work. When I get home, I usually play a game for a few minutes while my dinner is warming up. Then I eat, then I sleep.

I repeat this every day for about six months, give or take a few weeks. While on the job, when it’s slow like it has been with the weather for the last few weeks, I usually browse the forums while the machinery warms up. Occasionally, I’ll be stuck at work overnight as I have to supervise a mechanic/repair man, and I spend most of that time also on my phone.

As soon as the weather clears, I’ll likely be back to 3-7 minutes in game, and never on the forums.

- William Shakespear

(edited by Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025)

in Suggestions

Midnight Gypsy.9360

So u can’t do them anyway, even if they were weekly it would have to make up for 7 days which means it would take longer. Sorry but it looks like you only have time to play on the off season if you want to get anything done. Some people just need to tell them self they don’t have time to play (if they really don’t have time) and stop trying to direct the game to meet ur needs when you only have 30 mins to play a week. Anyway good luck and hope you find sometime to play.

in Suggestions

See, that’s why the old system needs to come back. It was possible to do a daily in 7 minutes for the first three months or so of the game. Nobody had a problem with the old system of four achievements.

- William Shakespear

in Suggestions

Posted by: alfista.6094

alfista.6094

What people ask for: more variety in achievements.
What people actually want: 1/1, You have successfully logged in. Daily complete!

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

Remember back when dailies = 4 things? Kill Count, Kill Variety, Gathering, Events. Everyone could do it, in every zone, no matter what. This new system is stupid, and they just need to take it back to how it was at release.

I like to see you do kill variety even over all 3 orr zones… was NOT possible

in Suggestions

Straights of Devastation: Easy. One of every animal in the pet zone. A few aquatics, some undead, some spiders. Finish with critters.

Malchor’s Leap: Six or seven from undead (A few individuals count as different types) a few elementals, wrap up with critters.

Cursed Shore: Six or seven types of undead, a few types of elementals, and some aquatics. Finish up with critters.

It was possible, at least up until the middle of september when I was done there, and pretty easy.

- William Shakespear

in Suggestions

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

ehmm risen were always 1 type all of them so no, hmm maybe SoD was doable since stuff in the first part of it was not all undead machor and cursed was sure not, and definitely NOT in 7 minutes, as you been claiming…

in Suggestions

Risen Drakes used to count as Drakes.
Risen Giants used to count as Giants.
Risen Sharks used to count as Fish.

And you obviously weren’t there when the zones were completely full if you don’t think you could have tagged one of everything while the hordes of people killed it all.

- William Shakespear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

(+)1. Kill a couple things
( )2. Do a fractal
(+)3. Kill a couple ambient critters
(+)4. Harvest a node or two in between killing said peesy mobs
( )5. Zone in to WvW just to see what’s up with that
( )6. Kill just 1 champion mob
(+)7. Say "hi" to laurel vendor
( )8. Throw a couple whites and blues into the Mystic Toilet
(+)9. Successfully log in to GW2

I think being able to choose how I play is a fantastic idea. /sarcasm

(edited by Chickenshoes.6250)

in Suggestions

You could do every one of those things before the change, and still get your daily done.

Kill variety, kill count, gathering, events. Each one so broad that as long as you weren’t in a town, you could accomplish them.

- William Shakespear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

Ughm, when I saw this topic, I first thought someone pumped a daily topic from around a month ago. But no, seems this topic is after the update…

Really? Completing dailies already was ridiculously easy, now its even easier. And it’s still not enough? Tbh the only way to make it easier is to award daily for logging in, what would be the point with that?

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

As for me this system is good enought – but more possibility for me is better as long as they were normal things… (because if they would to find too much dailies that there must be a moment when they’ll run-out on ideas

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles