Needs / Wants / Desires.....

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lewzephyr.5281

Lewzephyr.5281

General:
• One alternate build slot.  To allow a PvE and a WvW build.
• Waypoint and Armor Repair cost reduction or some variant of that. If I’m down leveled and earning down leveled cash / loot, it should not cost me more to travel in those areas. Or increase rewards to down leveled players.
• Inspecting other players.
• Option to appear offline to guilds you are not representing. i.e. on an alt I want to be in another guild, but don’t want to be visible to guild of my main.
• /who for the zone.
• Plastic surgery (for gems) allow revamp of characters face / hair choices.
• Vendor item filter. On by default. If I cannot use it because of profession (not level), do not show it. No point. Especially on Karma vendors. Oh yes, I have double clicked on the wrong item a couple of times.
• Telegraph circles (NPC target circle) needs to be more visible.
• Left over heart quest items: (stuff left in inventory after you complete quest.. nothing else for them)  Let me vendor as trash or salvage.
• Wiki: /wiki command open in game window (not external)
? Recently encountered enemies, skills, recipes, etc. list where clicking opens wiki link in game.
• Allow use of utility skill in Elite slot.
• Ability to customize order of weapon skills on skillbar.
• Ability to customize the order of the F1, F2, F3, F4 abilities.
• Double click from Inventory to bank should automatically stack like items.
• Graphics: Option to turn on / off or reduce spell effects for different groups. i.e. Enemy, Group, Self, etc
• Ability to sell back a incorrectly bought item… especially from Karma vendors.

Keyboard Functions:
• Key Bind  3 Different key binds for Loot, Resurrect and Interact. Sometimes I want to resurrect rather than looking an item or chopping a tree etc.
• Separate key binds per character, with ability to copy from one char to another to get to a default
• Toggle to show items in environment, rather than having to hold down ctrl.
• Remove Esc from stopping you running.
• Slider to increase turning speed from keyboard, similar to mouse sensitivity.

Chat / Communications:
• Ability to link everything to chat. Gear, Recipes, Skills, from Preview Pane as well.
• Alliance chat / Custom chat channels.

Camera:
• Mouse Zoom / FOV change.  Let me zoom out and in more (all the way to first person please)… and increase the FOV… My eyes are hurting
• Allow First Person View

Putting the laughter back into Slaughter!!!!!

(edited by Lewzephyr.5281)

in Suggestions

Lewzephyr.5281

UI:
• Allow movement of UI elements. i.e. put self health and target health near each other.
• Option for Self Health bar that is moveable, instead of bubble.
• Casting / Charge bar below target bar. (ability to see when target is casting)
• Within range indicator below 1-5 buttons is inaccurate.
• Target of Target display
• World Map: Turn on / off items from legend. Would help trying to locate that last POI or Vista for a zone that you just cant seem to locate.
• An apply button for trait points, as well as a minus, so you can work on a build prior to applying it.
• Display actual HP instead of percentage.
• Character Screen: Zoom ability, Dye screen center character as well.
• Pop-up windows (your in queue, or confirmation box for equipping an item) should not interfere with game controls… i.e right mouse click to turn etc.
• Pop-up windows: Ability to respond via keyboard. Spacebar / Enter for Ok, Y or N or Yes or No.

WvW:
• Auto-Loot bags. Miss them all the time, they contribute to lag as well.
• Queue for all 4 WvW areas.
• Show what battleground I am queued for when queued for only one.
• Show Queue time.  Time I have been queued and estimate to join.
• Ability to see WvW score when in overflow.
• No armor damage on death by another character (death by falling or npc should cause damage)
• World Map: Option for transparency as well as resizable (not take up whole screen)
• World Map: Show guild members on map (different color / icon if they are not in your party) or allow larger party’s for PvE world events.

PvP:
• Capture the Flag map
• Queuing as a group for both PvP and WvW
• Dueling
• 2v2, 3v3 Arenas
• Smaller Scale mass combat. 15v15, 25v25 mini campaigns to support WvW

Mail / Trading:
• Remember last person sent to.
• COD (Cash on Delivery)
• Player to player trading in person.

Trading Post:
• More filters when searching: i.e. Types of Armor
• Preview items
• Font scaling on TP when using small UI. Unreadable. Jagged etc.
• Notification ! When item sells at trading post.
• Get all transactions button.

Crafting:
• More contrast showing what recipe is selected.
• Remember collection tab’s settings. I.e. keep food tab collapsed.
• Option to re-order the collection tabs. i.e. put food at the bottom.
• Karma vendors for various trophies (small fangs etc.) or ways to upgrade / downgrade a surplus of one line to another. i.e. salvage Fangs to Small Fangs to Tiny Fangs.
• Allow salvage on all items. Especially Heart vendor items that I bought with karma.
• Mystic Forge: All Items Bind on Equip, or at worst Bind to Account. No need to make equipment I cant even use or trade.
• More filtering options. i.e. your skill level is 400 but you want to make a level 30 warhorn for a buddie. Need filter for making certain level range of gear to include the parts for it and the bonus pieces.
• Increase stack size beyond 250

Class:
Necromancer:
• Display pet life
• Pet Control: Ability to call off pets or send to attack. Pet also just runs off in random direction killing mobs way away from me.
• Consistent healing out of combat: sometimes they heal sometimes they don’t.
Ranger:
• Pet Names do not stay.
• Pet Stay on Target button. Pet does not need to change target when I do.
Engineer
• Display turret life on UI
• Turret name to display personal tag to tell between others.
• Alternate Keybind for picking up Turret (sucks to pickup turret when you just want to loot or revive someone.
• Combat log does not show turret damage.

(edited by Lewzephyr.5281)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raesin.2908

Raesin.2908

• Plastic surgery (for gems) allow revamp of characters face / hair choices.
^ This, I wants it. Or the option for a full race change from the gem store.

Also

Minipet ‘lock’ button, so it doesn’t get sent to bank when you click deposit all collectibles.
It’s not always beneficial to need to keep it in an invisible bag.

in Suggestions

Lewzephyr.5281

“Arise my pet!!!”

in Suggestions

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Definitely agree with most of these suggestions. (can’t really comment on PvP/WvWvW, since I don’t play those) Not sure I entire agree with being able to rearrange skills though, especially the utility in Elite spot. The two things in list I would definitely like to be added first would be able to change the key bindings for all the thing that F does and the filtering of vendor items by current class.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Suggestions

Lewzephyr.5281

Light of day to you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reynfall.1547

Reynfall.1547

Minimum zoom is too far away. I want to look closer at my character. I have to walk up against a wall to be able to do that. GW1 had zero problems with this.

in Suggestions

Lewzephyr.5281

Minimum zoom is too far away. I want to look closer at my character. I have to walk up against a wall to be able to do that. GW1 had zero problems with this.

modified the line referring to camera to cover zoom out and in more.

• Mouse Zoom / FOV change.  Let me zoom out and in more (all the way to first person please)… and increase the FOV… My eyes are hurting

in Suggestions

Lewzephyr.5281

Let the sunshine in…..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Spitwyld.1963

Spitwyld.1963

+1 for alternate builds to swap between. I plan on spending equal time questing and engaging in WvW but I would rather not have to re-distribute my points/skills each time I do one or the other.

Be the change you want to see in the world.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LEGION.5834

LEGION.5834

These are all great and would be scheduled for implementation. I have a few more:

Crafting:
-allow us to see all the recipes we have unlocked while not standing at a crafting table.
(I always forget if I need 3 vials or blood or 5 venom sacs etc.)

Ranger:
-Allow the ranger to have the option to turn off pets entirely.
I don’t just mean stowed, I mean turn it off. I would play a ranger because I like the skills and weapon moves, but I hate pet classes. You can play engineers without turrets and necros without monsters but for some reason this dog/cat/bird just won’t leave you alone.

in Suggestions

Lewzephyr.5281

Like cream… rising to the top.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DavidGX.1723

DavidGX.1723

• Inspecting other players.

Absolutely not. No inspecting. Completely inappropriate for a game where gear isn’t the main indicator of someone’s skill. And yes, this would be abused. Horribly, horribly abused. If you want to know what gear someone has, ask them. There’s a reason they didn’t include gear inspecting with this game in the first place.

(edited by DavidGX.1723)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Selein.5237

Selein.5237

I agree with all suggestions except changing our health from a bubble to a bar, I happen to love it as a bubble and longtime Diablo player.

• Allow us to cast while on the surface of the water.
• Make invisible walls less obvious, nothing kills immersion more than invisible walls. Also I didn’t buy this game so I could eternally pretend I’m in Fuchsia City Gym.
• In addition to remembering what tabs were collapsed in the Collections tab have it also remember what tabs were collapsed in the professions tab. I hate, hate, hate going from production to discouverie only to have lost the item I was looking at.

in Suggestions

Selein.5237

Absolutely not. No inspecting. Completely inappropriate for a game where gear isn’t the main indicator of someone’s skill. And yes, this would be abused. Horribly, horribly abused. If you want to know what gear someone has, ask them. There’s a reason they didn’t include gear inspecting with this game in the first place.

In my opinion, you’re missing the point of inspecting. I am by no means an élitist player and I love inspecting. I like looking at someone’s gear so I can figure out where to get awesome gear like them. I like looking so I can admire it after they’ve run away. I like it because I can look at someone with awesome gear and maybe glean a few insights.

While you’re too busy being the victim I’m enjoying myself. If someone is judging me because of my gear then they’re probably not someone I want to play with.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DavidGX.1723

DavidGX.1723

In my opinion, you’re missing the point of inspecting. I am by no means an élitist player and I love inspecting. I like looking at someone’s gear so I can figure out where to get awesome gear like them. I like looking so I can admire it after they’ve run away. I like it because I can look at someone with awesome gear and maybe glean a few insights.

While you’re too busy being the victim I’m enjoying myself. If someone is judging me because of my gear then they’re probably not someone I want to play with.

If you want to admire someone for long periods of time, take a screenshot or three. If you really don’t understand why this would be a terrible idea don’t try and cover it up by making assumptions about me.

in Suggestions

Selein.5237

If you want to admire someone for long periods of time, take a screenshot or three. If you really don’t understand why this would be a terrible idea don’t try and cover it up by making assumptions about me.

Good point about taking screen shots, (un)fortunately you still didn’t refute my other points. No matter what assumptions I make about you or anyone else it is apparent that you would feel victimised by élitist players. You say it would be a bad idea for exactly the “assumption” I make about you so… is it really an assumption¿

• Don’t break auto-run on a roll/dodge. This is extremely annoying in P.v.P.