Nerf shadowstep, it is too overpower

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

On the thief, most weapon skills and utilities have shadow step

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadowstep_%28mechanic%29

The thief can move an over power distance of 5700 units during the first 4-5 seconds. After the initiative has been used, the thief can travel 900 units every 4 seconds by using shadow shot. with pistol.

or

The thief can travel 450 units every 4 seconds by using Hearthseeker with dagger.

NOTE: the thief movement skills are 4-5 times faster than any class.

This clearly needs a nerf.

in Suggestions

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Stop spamming the forums with bs from a class you clearly havent played. making two threads on the same topic will not suddenly make your argument better.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

@Hitman

Your arguments are really lame.
The thief shall be the fastest class, so can he do this quite rightly.
Also, the thief has then no ini anymore and attacks is reduce on AA and he must waste two strong skills only for that.

But what is with the classes, who have a 4-5x better deffensive, as the other classes, like warriors? Or a much higher singletarget dmg and control than thiefs, like Necros and Engineers (+LH-Eles)?
Or the guardians, Eles and Engi´s who can spam more boons, than every other class?
Why dont you “cry” or write a thread about this classes, because you play these classes or why you know these classes?
Or do you just need a victim for your bad playskill against thiefs?

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

(edited by Black Teagan.9215)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

OMG! The profession that’s suppose to have the most mobility is faster than me! NERF IT ANET!!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Please see: Runaway warrior

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Please see: Runaway warrior

Engineers can do this better

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in Suggestions

GuardianOMS.8067

Really? It is just Rocket Boots + the 50% speed boost skill? If so I would still vote warrior as better because you don’t have to spec for escaping seeing as how their escapes are on their weapons and don’t have a long cd.

(edited by GuardianOMS.8067)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

OMG! The profession that’s suppose to have the most mobility is faster than me! NERF IT ANET!!!

this is sadly not true, in fact the thief needs right for that an absolute buff to claim back, what should be naturally his superior ability, but every stupid warrior in heavy armors can run faster/ absolutely outrun every thief as easy as f***…, I remind it HEAVY ARMORS!!

Basically Warriors and Guardians should be in regard of Movement ability the slowest class based on their armors, therefore they take the most less damage and both classes are already with their insane permanent Auto Self Heal abilities hard enough to kill that they reach with it nearly the OP’ness of bunker build Eles that are well played, as this stuff can easily outheal every damage if you just can somehow avoid long enough getting damage with super lame godmode skilsl that block way too long all kinds of attacks or make you just directly for like 3 seconds invulnerable to everything!!
That together with the right buff food just kills the game balance (thats why my big plea is for it to ban buff food/tonics out of WvW!!)

But back to the super slow feeling Thiefs, when it comes to the other movement abilities that allow them to easily run away from a thief, what forces us thiefs basically to use skills like Infiltrator’s Arrow, Shadow Shot or Heart Seeker to catch up and stop such lame annoying cowards which can win only fights by permanently running away and waiting for moments of disadvantage to the enemy when their total OP KNOCKDOWN SKILLS have recharged that allow them for quick skills because thats the only 2 builds that you see warriors in WVW run around with – either Greatsword cause of Hundred Blades or Hammer Warriors due to the Adrenaline Jump attack that knocks down very long and the weapon skill that can knock back aditionally what can make a fight for them extremly easy if they hit first..in my opinoy extremly way too easy as these attacks dealy way too much damage for their extremy powerful effects of knockdowning the enemy making them for a long time basically total defenseless, or better said helpless to everybody.

Thiefs would need following changes to let a player feel really, that they play here the absolute fatest class in every aspect of the thief class design:

1) Increase their attack speed by 33% at least and add to their auto attack 1-2 more hits, because the first two hits are very lame and basically deal no damage.
To any class like bunker eles, guardians or warriors these hits feel like as if they do no damage at all, because those hits get instantly outhealed.
Or instead of this add to every attack they do the chance that they can hit a target with 1 attack twice when fighting with Daggers.
Remember on GW1 assassins, there they had also this chance to hit enemies twice per attack when fighting with daggers.
This class needs just more Damage Speed to give the player really the feeling that this class is very fast and that feeling can be simulated by many damage numbers appearing very quickly though either increased attack speed or chance to hit twice with an attack.

2) Their normal movement speed without the signet that gives +25% movement speed should be already 25% increased. The signet should add on top of that the 25% so that a thief can get that way 50% movement speed increase (whats the same, like running around in stealth with the increased movement speed trait for that, so nothing op, the mechanic for 50% speed already exists!) Buff that speed modificating
trait for running in stealth then to +75%

3) Nerf the range of Heart Seaker from 450 down to 300, but also reduce its initiative cost by 1 if the attack clearly hits no target

4) Nerf the Range of Infiltrator Arrow down to 600, but also reduce its Initiative Cost by 2

5) Nerf the Range of Shadow Shadow Shot down to 600. but also reduce its initiative Cost by 1

6) The trait that gives their for 3 seconds or so swiftness per dodge roll should be changed, that it gives them swiftness for 5 seconds like every 10 seconds (as long their health is above 50%) without having to dodge roll permanently (what looks totally silly, if you permanently roll around for a few seconds swiftness, it makes you look like a ret***)
Maybe if thats too op for its current trait position, move that trait maybe in the trait line a bit higher then …

7) Their Initiative needs to regenerate a bit faster somehow, without havign to trait for it.. i think one of the traits for that should get incorporated into their natural gameplay and exchanged therefore for a new trait effect… like that 1 initiative every 10 seconds mechanic +. People should waste a trait for something like that… this mechanic should be a naturaly part of the theifs initiative system that the player has some ways to regain initiative quicke,r other than using only such lame utility like roll for initiative.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

in Suggestions

GuardianOMS.8067

this is sadly not true, in fact the thief needs right for that an absolute buff to claim back, what should be naturally his superior ability, but every stupid warrior in heavy armors can run faster/ absolutely outrun every thief as easy as f***…, I remind it HEAVY ARMORS!!

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

the difference being that thief has stealth (and that runaway warr is only sword+GS… sure its annoying that they can runaway that easily.. but i much prefer it to being stunlocked into oblivion)… and the rest of your post was just ridiculous

i really dont think its overpowered though (i was levelling my engi in wvw – sue me – and easily managed to keep up with a friendly thief using swiftness+rocket boots)… and most shadowsteps require a target else they just poof you in place (sure you can target an ambient with infiltrators strike; but it locks you out of using it again until the return circle dissappears)

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

in Suggestions

Orpheal.8263

I didn’t said that the thief needs really all of these 7 points, but just something from them to make them faster so that you can clearly see a big difference between a Thief and a Warrior, when it comes down to Movement Speed/Attack Speed, or Speed in general.
It can’t be that something running around in a heavy armor can move/attack faster, than someone running around in only leather armor, that weights alot less !! Period.

The OP wants that Thiefs should get lesser range with their movement skills.
I’m ok with that, but only if Anet reduces for that also slightly their Initiative Costs as a counter balance and by that making the class more mobile not in regard of distance, but in regard of how oftenly the skills can be used before running out of initiative.

All classes can easily follow thiefs as they all have anywhere within their weapons skills or utility skills something, that let them warp/dash forwards together with signet skills that give either permanent +25% movement speed or have easy access to swiftness with long durations like the mesmer therefore, that they have no movement speed signet and can get luckily every 10 seconds also swiftness for long duration, which can be extended by using equipment/food ect. that boosts boon durations until the point, that they could nearly permanently keep up swiftness.

The point is and that is the reason why I only posted here is, cause Zacchary said more or less in sarcasm that thiefs should be supposed to be the fastest class.
In that point I do agree, thiefs should be the absolute fastest class, because thats their way how their survive, with quickness and agility together with stealth to avoid being hit and quickly flee, if situations get too dangerous for them.
You need to look only at other games like Blade & Soul, that are very action based which have partwise much faster paced battle systems where characters give you really the impression of being fast and that is something I really miss for the thiefs.
The thief class design should be something, that should force enemy players to make quick decisions and to react quickly in battles, if you want to overcome them.

This game has comparec to GW2’s battle system a true battle system that is full of action and looks alot more epic when fought at full pace. The moves just give you maybe a grasp of how fast a thief should move like in GW2 (not to mention that this game has way better EMOTES by the way)
The game USES really fully the Z-Achsis by incorporating it completely into the battle system! Something that is totally lacking in GW2 in every aspect currently and what I’d like to see getting changed in future to make GW2’s battle system look also more epic and rich of action

When you see videos like this, you can truly see, what GW2 is missing all and B&S is a game, that came out nearly at the same time like GW2 and is also a game from, you guess it NCSOFT!! Yes, the game has maybe a complete different design style, but the battle system symply has alot more style and is personally for my taste more of a fast paced action battle system, than currently GW2 is, even if Anet has improved the battle system really alot in comparement to GW1

You can see here too Shadow Step Mechanics, but used in a complete different way to avoid attacks and not as a kind of warp movement to get to somewhere quicker because of your general movement being way to slow.
You have also a Sprinting Feature there, that lets you run alot faster for a short time, also viewable within this video and similar heroic movements, like these that got lastly in Everquest Next some attention, where suggestion threads bloomed up like mushrooms short after from lots of people who want to have this also in GW2.

For further movement mechanics, theres also a Sidestep system within the combat system that allows the similar thief class there (assassins) to quickly surround enemies to avoid attacks and getting into their backs…

Darn it, when I see this video, it always reminds me, what I want to have in GW2 for my thief T_T and how superior certain other games are compared to GW2’s battle system and movement mechanics

in Suggestions

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

i only saw flashy movements…
that gap closer looks nice but its essentially the same as shadow shot/infiltrators strike/steal isnt it?
theres an evade that looks similar to flanking strike
infiltrators arrow can be used to get into that flanking position (though not as often because of weapon swaps)… but from what i see it has a lengthy telegraph during the same time a gw2 thief could move into position (even easier with stealth)

and that z axis attack you’re referring to just looks like an animation (i honestly dont see the difference between that and -say- earthshaker)

… that bikini is absolutely ridiculous fanservice as well

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

in Suggestions

Orpheal.8263

The difference is, you can grab there your enemies to throw them away or into the air and then again to crush them down back to the ground.
The attacks that you see there, are all chain linked COMBOS, of different skills, not just simple animations that automatically appear qwith lots of effects like in GW2 that should blend over the fact, that GW2’s battle system is just only flashy and full of action, when it comes to effects, but by far not as much like in B&S and other games like Tera, when it comes down to combat mechanics and movement that just look epicly all alone without lots of special flashing effects…

Another big difference between your mentioned Earthshaker and the in the video shown Mid Air-Attack is, Earthshaker ist just a simple jumping attack thats designed like a Leap You jump forwards, not into the height.
So Earthshaker doesn’t really use the Z-Axis. Z-axis isn#t jumping forwards into a horizontal direction to an enemy.
Z-Axis is to jump into the air. Sure is, both games have a different style, as B&S is clearly more designed around martial artistic combat style and thats why this game looks so much more full of action when compared to GW2, but i just wanted to show with the video the basic mechanics, that GW2 could improve alot to give its battle system more action too without that it must have to look too martial artistic.
Its enough when thief gameplay alone would look more martial artistic and fast paced with more martial artistic heroic movements, as their heritage comes from the Assassins of Cantha.

And to the last thing with the fan service, ..this might be true, but the character designer who worked on that game is very well known for his character art, as its the same person, who was also responsible for the character art of the Offlline RPG’s around the Magna Carta Games on PS2 Hyung-Tae Kim and even when his arts are always full of “ecchi”, his character arts always do look really awesome and unique/cool. However, other topic hehe

Another little vid for superior movement mechanics, attack combos ect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFt2qF_As8I

(edited by Orpheal.8263)