Nerf the Thief and Fix Invisibility AI abuse

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Why would you make this well balanced game and then throw in a class that kills other classes in less than 1 sec. And that just not the only thing, its also freaking invisible 90% of the time. Seriously?

I’ve played about 200 hours as an Ele so far (all my stuff is exotic lv80), it was ridiculous at he beginning and it’s still ridiculous now. Meanwhile you’ve nerfed the Ele; AoE spells, those which takes 4 sec to cast (a thief can kill you 4 times by the time your first meteor hits the ground) and recently Ride the Lightning (as if moving fast shiny a nice purple effect is somewhat comparable to being invisible and bursting 15000k dmg in 1 sec) … The staff speed is also slow as kitten – you can bubble all your shield for a grand total of 7-8 seconds survivability while hes just invisible “forever”

Even worse than that, it’s just breaking the game: I can usually defend camps alone, by buying guards at the camp to fight alongside me (something good for example when your server has a low population), but the thief can just become invisible and the AI will stand there as if I’m not getting killed. Then the AI will try to res me as the thief will show up for brief 2 sec moments to kill them one after the other.

If the thief doesn’t have AoE how come he can solo massive AI groups easier than the ele?

I don’t know, am I the only one that think this class is totally overpowered and has an unfair advantage over AI? I didn’t play the other class but in PvP the mesmer and rangers seems well balanced with the ele.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dezarys.1372

Dezarys.1372

I think elems have amazing skills, they can definitely be improved, and I think thieves should have a damage/power nerf. Improve stealth to make up for it somehow.. Their power lies in stealth but I think they have too much power even w/o it. They can stealth so much to the point where they practically kill you in stealth the entire fight.

To sum up what I think should be done is,

>Give elem AoEs an upgrade. They’re magic users they should have better improvments to their skills. Also I think they should reduce the cooldown on the elem water skills so tehy can pop geyser and healing rain more often. But I think this upgrade should only be applied to pve and wvw.

>Nerf Thief Damage, Improve their toughness, stealth and health. Thieves can crit 6k+ dmg per backstab and deal 1k-2k per hit, stealth and continue doing whatever critting each time. don’t reduce anything in pve though. in WvW and pvp is where they should sorta fix or do something about this. pve should be left as is. maybe improve the toughness or health of the class
(for those to classes)

Guild Leader of Oakvale [Vale]
http://oakvale.enjin.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

OP, have you asked anyone (I mean forums or in game) about counters to stealth? Your an ele complaining about a squishy thief killing you. I find this hard, in fact impossible, to believe but maybe you havn’t asked anyone for help :s

FYI: Staff ele won’t counter any thief but an afk thief. In fact, staff ele won’t counter anything since it is just so kitten useless. Play what you want but in spvp staff ele is laughably ignorable.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

(edited by NinjaEd.3946)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lucky.4263

Lucky.4263

this unfortunately is a l2p > issue, ele of all classes shuld have the least trouble with handling thieves, u just got trolled by a decent cookie cutter CnD thief.. Tip: If u so much as pass gas those things die A.K.A. lay aoe around yur feet wen they go invis and they avoid u like the plague, wrks like a charm…. if yur both glass canon then its basically russian roulette on who gets the first lucky hit in.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

This is clearly ( as Lucky stated ) a L2 kitten ue, also arena Net already stated they will not play the whack a mole game with professions, IE nerf wars. 99.9999999% f glass canon thieves break and die when you look at them with even a hint of hostility. If they are always stealth that means they are a Stealth condition thief and can’t really do a lot of damage. They are for all intensive purposes the bunker builds of the Thief profession.

To be honest I got to this part and stooped reading
Why would you make this well balanced game and then throw in a class that kills other classes in less than 1 sec.
Mainly cause I knew what the rest was going to say and honestly
TL; DR

in Suggestions

Xillllix.3485

Well, the first person here responded something which goes in the way of what I was saying, others just went into a “you don’t know how to play – you must suck” mode, while I’ve been playing this game extensively and have waited a freaking long time before posting this. What I see in WvWvW is people getting killed by thieve all over the places and most are all kitten mad about it because it comes from nowhere and they simply can’t survive the initial burst. And the fact that you blame me for using a staff instead of daggers in PvP just proves my point further about the need to beef up the ele staff ability.

I have duelled every classes with my staff ele to some relative success, but thieves are another matter entirely and the fact that they can abuse the AI is just wrong.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

All I can think of when I look at this is, for the love of kitten don’t ever play any other MMO ever, where the rogue class has an actual stealth that works indefinately. If you think a class that actually has to actively work at being stealthed for duration is bad you would murder yourself rather than deal with a real stealth class.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Xillllix.3485

All I can think of when I look at this is, for the love of kitten don’t ever play any other MMO ever, where the rogue class has an actual stealth that works indefinately. If you think a class that actually has to actively work at being stealthed for duration is bad you would murder yourself rather than deal with a real stealth class.

Riiight, I will not play any other MMO ever…
Seriously I’m talking about abusing the AI and killing people in less than a second, the first being a bug and the second a balance issue. That the thief class is hard or easy to play is irrelevant. Do you believe that the ele is an easier class to play? We cannot even switch weapons without having the inventory window opened.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Asia Skyly.7198

Asia Skyly.7198

Nerfing the thief cause YOU do not know how to battle one, is not a solution. Learn to play your class.

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

Seriously I’m talking about abusing the AI and killing people in less than a second, the first being a bug and the second a balance issue. That the thief class is hard or easy to play is irrelevant. Do you believe that the ele is an easier class to play? We cannot even switch weapons without having the inventory window opened.

Play something else then, because you’re obviously not suited to what you chose.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

in Suggestions

Xillllix.3485

Play something else then, because you’re obviously not suited to what you chose.

You think I’m the only one with that opinion? I am certain the majority of players think the thieve are OP. And why do you have to make it personal? I did say that if you disagree I am welcoming your point of view. You don’t have to tell me to kitten off.

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

I think we’ve been reading two very different series of responses to your thread then. Maybe there are people who think that, but there are always people who are willing to blame others for their own inadequecies. I’m sorry that you feel the way you do, but the simple fact is, thieves aren’t all that.

Your situation is very clear. Either you need to stop playing Elementalist because it just isn’t working for you, you need to realize where you are difficient and step up your game, or you need just accept that when you run into a thief they’re probably going to kill you. All of these are valid responces, the one responce which isn’t valid, and is unfortunately the one you opted for, is to demand changes to the other class that contains one spec that is beating you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

How wonderful, one more thread about thieves and their stealth. I have absolutely no problem with that, I play guardian and usually terrorize EB JP all the time for small amount duels. Thieves are no threat. If you are skilled you know that thief will be backstabbing you so use AoE to unveil them, or use block. It’s easy, no need to nerf them they’re super squishy, if they were even less defensive they would just be too easy to kill.

in Suggestions

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Also i think you’re using wrong build, you need toughness and more cantrips.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arkenjul.1867

Arkenjul.1867

@GEO AOE doesn’t unveil them…i wish it did IN FACT it makes total sense that it should…and I hate people telling how other people should play their character. Let the OP play whatever is fun.
Sure it may be learn to play issue but fact is perma-stealth is overpowered.

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

@GEO AOE doesn’t unveil them…i wish it did IN FACT it makes total sense that it should…and I hate people telling how other people should play their character. Let the OP play whatever is fun.
Sure it may be learn to play issue but fact is perma-stealth is overpowered.

The reason it’s not over powered, though, is because it’s all they can do. In order to be able to stealth that long they have to put everything into it.

Like I said in my first post, this isn’t like all other MMOs where the rogues actually have perma stealth for as long as they want and never have to come out of stealth except to attack.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arkenjul.1867

Arkenjul.1867

Stealth is comparable to our cantrips in terms of survival. Except we have longer cool downs and can only use it during tight situation. I don’t remember the source but it was from Isiah Cart that stealth was meant to be use for the same purpose, to be use to get out of sticky situation…and that implementing perma-stealth would be overpowered. Yet somehow there is a way to perma-stealth. There shouldn’t be technically perma anything which I didn’t complain about the nerf on elementalist’s boons.
Ele’s have RTL to create distance (small nerf recently but isn’t terrible) while thief can create distance all day everyday. It also definitely not the only thing theif’s can do…they have great dodge synergy too. You’re just forcing yourself to a cookie cutter.

EDIT: funny thing is Isiah runs a theif too…i wonder if thats…naww ANET is all fair when it comes to balance :nod:

(edited by Arkenjul.1867)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

An ele complaining about thief? Sure the ele can’t 2-shot anything from stealth, but you can’t catch a good dagger ele no matter what you do, so it’s not like they need stealth.

Besides that, if you’re exotic 80 gear is glass, you can’t complain that you get downed easy. Build some survivability.

But besides all that, I agree. There’s no way to deal with good thieves, there’s just good ways to not die. The only often-barked counter argument is “AoE them” which is not possible for most classes to a reliable extent, and even on my engineer where I have unlimited grenades, if I hit them with a very well-executed well-predicted whole 2 hits with grenades while they’re invisible, they’re probably not dead, and they’re not revealed, so that’s freakin useless.

(edited by Chickenshoes.6250)

in Suggestions

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Stop asking to nerf thieves! It is so hard for me to 1v10. Instead, Thieves should get a buff so I can 1v20.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

I would love for you to explain how there spending 90-100% of there time stealthed and still managing to do anything.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rainbow.3496

Rainbow.3496

i find it hilarious , eles asking for thieves to be nerfed. The Top meta bunker in the game is asking for thief nerfs. Any good ele can OVER surpass any thief. The problem is that ele is high skill cap, while thief is decently low. Watch the pros and you wont complain about your class. Ele can kite entire zergs, go watch Team Solo Player [Solo] or Riot pvp [Riot]. The best thing to do is get better at your class, play more pvp, and duel invaders in WvW. I have literally no problems with thieves, this reminds me of the whole “HUNDRED BLADES OP, NERF WAR NOW” thing at beta. best of luck.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

Those MMO’s also prevent the rogue from stealthing if effected by a condition, don’t allow the rogue to remove conditions, is revealed the moment they take even a single point of damage, and cannot restealth in combat exept with an ability on one large CD.

So really, THOSE rogue classes are imminently more balanced than the GW2 thief currently is.