New Content vs Fixing Current Content

in Suggestions

Posted by: chedder.6302

chedder.6302

I know new content is good and keeps a dynamic to the game, however, 4 days now 4 dungeons each glitched or got screwed. Asclaonian Catacombs Hodgins won’t proceed the get into the room with the 5 pieces, cm story was apparently fixed havent went back yet though dced 2 secs before final boss dies in ac so no credit there.

I would much rather have you guys fix the problems instead of making new content because quite frankly who is sticking around for new content when the rest of the game is still buggy. So please spend less resources on new content and use those to fix current game.

President of Believegate

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lysserd.4618

Lysserd.4618

I agree wholeheartedly with this. I had already quit this game, but came back after the most recent suite of bug fixes. ANet, you guys are making great progress. Keep it up.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

They have different teams working of different types of content. So dedicating everything towards fixing a single problem isn’t really a viable option.

That said, I agree that the constant bugging of events and dungeons is by far the biggest problem GW2 has had since release. To be honest, I don’t ever recall an MMO that had such wide-spread and omnipresent issues.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

The two biggest dungeon bugs that haven’t been addressed for weeks now are that:

I would REALLY like to see the gate into Arah fixed as well as the new bugs with the gates not opening within Arah itself.

and I’d also like SE path 1 never ending grenadiers to be fixed and with fixed I mean properly not saying it’s fixed and then it being exactly the same as before.

As for hodgins going into the room with the 5 scepter pieces, I don’t think he ever did? At least I don’t recall him ever going into that room with me. Even so it’s not really a bug as it wouldn’t really matter in regards to finishing that part of the dungeon. Unless you mean he won’t move to the room before it, I’ve never run into that issue before if that’s the case.

I haven’t done CM story in forever so I have no comment on that one but it’s ‘meant’ to be fixed though they said SE was ‘meant’ to be fixed too. So who knows

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tera GX.8149

Tera GX.8149

Dee Jay’s first point is really the final point on this topic. Just because one thing is being worked on doesn’t mean they stop working in other areas.

It is difficult and takes a lot of time just to find what’s causing a bug, and then there’s part-2 figuring out fixing the bug.

Just because a content update was pushed, and no fix was included, doesn’t mean that the problem got overlooked… More people on one problem doesn’t lead to an equal increase in efficiency in solving the problem.

Tera Xenphos of Fort Aspenwood (guildless, deliberately)