New–Copper-Fed Trash-o-Matic

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bane.9317

Bane.9317

Now I DID purchase this item, ONLY for it’s APPARENT convenience HOWEVER the description on the TP was different than that of it once pulled from the mail. It has the characteristics of a BASIC SALVAGE KIT, the equivalent per use cost to that 88c you pay for that basic is 3.52c Per use. The -o-matic is 3c per use, and cost 800 gems. Those 800 gems were the equivalent Gem – Gold of 21g52s00c(and the Gold – Gem average of 29g12s00c). Now, unless the actual effect of this item was increased to that of a Journeyman’s or Master’s Salvage kit, this thing is LITERALLY going to take a year to actually return on our investment. None the less I was VERY upset that at the time of purchase that the description on the TP was incorrect to what it said while in items. ANET if you wouldn’t mind, the Mining Pick, the Scythe, and the Axe all were unlimited uses of the max item, WHY would you make something so trash as this. Please figure something out, that is actually GOOD for those paying customers you had, the first three, great… this… you just sank everything that was good. You other players can come in here and “defend” this stank if you want, but you know what i am saying is true.

in Suggestions

Posted by: boredinbc.2786

boredinbc.2786

Someone on reddit did the math, if you salvaged 2000 items per month you would recoup your investment after 20 years. The item is strictly convenience, You won’t ever have to buy basic salvage kits again, but you won’t save any money either.

I think this item deserves a buff to be on par with the harvesting perms.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

Yep it should be cost free or paired with fine kits that you can buy for karma, then it can cost 3 or 4kitten
ill then I won’t buy one even if its account bound.

in Suggestions

Posted by: boredinbc.2786

boredinbc.2786

It’s not the cost, its the rate of return. It should be upped to fine at least, if not journeyman quality. That would skill keep the market open for mystic kits to still remain useful.

in Suggestions

Bane.9317

Yup, as of now, it is exactly what my title says it is, a trash-o-matic, and i am sorry, when you get up there, what items are you TYPICALLY salvaging, greens and up, this meaning you typically want the runes from the items you salvage as well, for mystic forge purposes, you want ectos. this is for that max of 20% trash of the stuff you salvage, where as you are STILL better off just dropping the c’s on the basic salvage kit, and not wasting the equivalent of the 30g, sadly, because the description was in-descriptive in the TP i was suckered into purchasing it. I just assumed it was going to be the same as the 3 gathering tools, with it being at least NEAR its maxed out counterparts. Boy was i surprised.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

because the description was in-descriptive in the TP i was suckered into purchasing it.

TP description: “This basic salvage tool can break down items an unlimited amount of times, but each use costs a small fee” :P

edit: I didn’t catch it either and was planning on buying it, but I just checked and it is there

(edited by Dustfinger.9510)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

The thing is to read very carefully Before bying anything in the gem store….

Kima & Co

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Should have voted to Evon, He has to recover his losses, and he’s suckering everyone into spending money anyways, just not on Keys.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JackBeShippin.4159

JackBeShippin.4159

Yeah better to blame Evon then to blame anet i guess #brainwash

in Suggestions

Posted by: UserError.7150

UserError.7150

this item was complete TRASH compared to other (pretty much ANY OTHER ) item from thee gem store….

only reason to get one is if someone buys u a ton of gems and you have them to spare
I.e. you didnt actually spend the time/money to get it, wich makes u wounder why anyone would get it for someone else

It would be a honestly good idea to upgrade this item for everyone who bought it AT LEAST to a masters, mainly to replace the mystic salvage kit (which is cheaper to get… SIGNIFICANTLY!!!!!!!!!)

i could see 10c /use, 800 gems, unlimited uses, and same as masters. all it would do is replace the mystic recipe for the forge, (small fee each time u use it though), but you dont have to ALWAYS ave it in the store. basic just makes no sense unless it is UNDER 200 gems (lets face it, basic is crap to begin w/)

(edited by UserError.7150)

in Suggestions

Bane.9317

Yeah, the Gathering tools were max lvl, why not this. This is literally going to take me 25-31 years to get a return on my money given i play EVERY day and get stuff that i am not going to break with my mystic salvage kit (Mystic kit everything green and higher). might as well spend the gems to get the mystic forge stones, and get you over 2k uses from a mystic forge salvage kit.