New Playable Race Suggestions: Guild Wars 2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lightfang.1670

Lightfang.1670

As a more than satisfied player I’ve noticed the great detail and hard work put into the races and the artwork design of the game and the characters themselves. I’ve really enjoyed getting to see and observe the new armor of each two week release. the artwork and design of the game has always astonished me in how amazing the designers make it look. I deeply apologize if this suggestion has already been made, but in a new release maybe in the near future, could there later be a new playable race such as the Tengu or Kodan. I’ve always wanted to play either of the two both for the design and endless possibilities of combat variations. But even though i find them both great, I worry that the other great races of Tyria might be over shadowed by them considering the “animal design race” perspective, after already having the amazingly detailed Charr. I’ve attached a picture of the Kodan and Tengu for those unfamiliar with the two races(Kodan on left;Tengu on right). Feel free to reply with more suggestions.

Attachments:

(edited by Lightfang.1670)

in Suggestions

Posted by: crosknight.3041

crosknight.3041

could also go with Largos: i found them kinda interesting when Sayeh al’Rajihd made an apperence in the personal story

and just for LOLs, let me play as a quaggan

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lightfang.1670

Lightfang.1670

could also go with Largos: i found them kinda interesting when Sayeh al’Rajihd made an apperence in the personal story

and just for LOLs, let me play as a quaggan

Largos would be really cool too, i can see how they could incorporate some pretty cool lore in there too, lol for a while i seriously wanted to be a quaggan i think their other aggressive form could seriously be incorporated into one of their special racial moves XD

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: FootDive.3451

FootDive.3451

If any race deserves to be the next race it HAS to be the Tengu. They have so much history and build up in GW1 that it’d be an insult to Talon Silverwing and his crazy random screeches if his race wasn’t the instant choice.

Kodan is a good second but still no cigar.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Golem – is – the – optimal – choice – for – next – playable – race.

in Suggestions

Posted by: raseloc.6932

raseloc.6932

Stone Dwarves
they already exist in the lore, and it would be easy to bring them in and introduce the next elder dragon to fight (Primordus)

could go something like this:

’The earth shook and a great fissure opened up belching fire and stone! And behold! Out of the fire emerged the Stone Dwarves! “Primordus has grown in power and we can no longer hold his minions in check, we need your help defeating him” Said the Dwarf Lord. ’

boom now onto more maps, gear, achievements, and all thing awesome!

[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8131/gw2dwarf.png[/img]

Attachments:

Guild – Savants[ijit]
Gate of Madness

in Suggestions

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

no new race needed, bring some decent armoir first.

in Suggestions

Posted by: flipyap.5789

flipyap.5789

I’m all for stone dwarves and tengu. Kodan on the other hand seem kind of stupid to play as since they are related to Norn, and it would be permanent bear form. Tengu were in the game already and were removed for some reason. Stone dwarves, like raseloc said, are in the lore and that would open a Primordis timeline for us. But Hylek strike me as a good playable race, they are inteligent and unique. If anything anet would add only the tengu because they were in the early stage of the game.