New Profession: Monk anyone?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lionheart.3450

Lionheart.3450

I’ve been playing for a couple months and the thing I would like to see the most is a monk class. I know we already have three Professions that wear medium armor: ( Rogue, Engineer, and the Ranger.) But the idea of punching and kicking the Shadow Behemoth is a image that surely justifies this request.

My idea was that the F1, F2, F3, and, F4 keys would control the monk’s stance.

(F1) Stance of The Turtle: Grants additional Toughness to the monk, and grants Protection to nearby allies and the monk when switching to this stance.

(F2)Stance of The Tiger: Increases Power, attack speed, and movement speed while the monk holds this stance. Grants Swiftness to nearby allies when switching to this stance.

(F3)Stance of The Lotus Tree: Increases Precision and restores health to nearby allies when switching to this stance.

(F4)Stance of the Bear: Increases Vitality, Condition Damage, and, Critical Damage while the monk holds this stance.

And in true Monk fashion, his utilities would consist of Mantras(used to give buffs to allies) self Buffs, and, signets.

For the Monk’s Elite Skills, I think he/she should get ‘belts’. Where the monk would sheath his weapons and gain a new skill bar. This skill bar consisting of awesome martial arts. Flying Dragon Kicks. Aura balls,(maybe a hadouken?(: ) flurries of punches, and kicks. I’m just thinking out loud with all this but Monks have been done before and I would love to see how Area Net would design the profession and it’s skills.

Weapons: Of course being a monk, he has a nice variety of weapons :p
Main Hand:
Sword
Mace
Staff
Dagger

Off-hand
Sword
Mace
Dagger
Warhorn
Torch

Like I said earlier this is just thinking out loud, what do you guys think? Would the Monk fair well in the world of Tyria? Please tell me what you think in the comments, for suggestions, or questions (:

in Suggestions

Posted by: neytiri.9105

neytiri.9105

Water-oriented Elementalist is the best monk in the game, I think. No need in the new class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

Water-oriented Elementalist is the best monk in the game, I think. No need in the new class.

In Guild Wars, the monk is more than just a healer (although they’re good at it too). They’re also the martial artists of the game.

Just imagine if we had monks for WvW! LOL!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

All what you want should be designed for Thiefs.. they are the martial artistic acrobats of GW2

So fighting with Fist Cuffs/Claws/Gauntlets and the like or with Melee Staffs, is absolutely their thing.

Monks simply fit not for all races. When will people finally understand this.. thats also the reason why GW1 has nor Dervishs anymore because they simply fit not the race neutral scheme, that all playable classes MUST HAVE to break not with any racial lores.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside