New Professions

New Professions

in Suggestions

Posted by: ScottTheWanderer.4716

ScottTheWanderer.4716

I’ve played on almost every class at some point and find myself wishing there were more professions like in the original Guild Wars. I wish they could bring back the Ritualist and Monk professions because I love nature-based classes and major support characters.

And I think, if they’re introducing some new races soon, they should add some new professions so players have more options when creating new characters with those new races.

And not to mention that the Dark Betrayal expansion of Aion introduced two new classes, which in result convinced a lot of former players to come back and brought in a lot of new ones.

Tell me what you all think! Thanks for reading.

Wippo – Asura Elementalist
House of the Steel Dragon – Darkhaven

New Professions

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fergus.4208

Fergus.4208

It’s most important that they keep quality over quantity. The class must be made well, and different enough from the other classes, and here’s two things that should be taken into account:

1. The skill cap/ complexity of the class should be among the harder ones. The elementalist is somewhat unforgiving if you don’t use attunement swapping correctly, but it’s a very fun class to play once you get the hang of it. Many classes are simply to simplistic, and because combat must be balanced for highly skilled players, these tend to have an advantage. Introducing more easy classes is not the way to go.
2. There’s only 2 heavy armor classes, and they have lots in common. A third more different heavy armor class would be nice.

Suggestion:
A heavy armor class that plays a bit similar to the elementalist class.
The elementalist wepon attunements tends to give you a little bit of everything : damage, heal/buff, CC, mobility.
This heavy armor class, could have one weapon, but only 3 attunements at his disposal, with each attunement having a specific strength.
One weapon could yield good damage, CC and mobility, whereas another weapon could yield good damage, CC and buff/heal.

New Professions

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Monk and rit are out as they have been absorbed into the guardian and i believe it even says so on the guardian page .

@ fergus
I had a similar idea of applying attunements to a heavy but more in an offensive and defensive manner .

I call it the tactician
A Heavy class that “attunes” itself to either offense or defensive roles. Its class mechanic would be to have an offensive and defensive attunement that would switch weapon skills based on it . It would have a medium base health and have the following weapons
Main hand
Sword,Axe,
Off hand
Dagger,Shield,Sword,Mace
2 hand
Longbow,Hammer
An example of offensive vs defensive attunements might be
Sword Dagger offense grants a chance at poisoning a foe on dagger strikes and is purely offensive skills where as Sword Dagger defense grants a chance at stability every so many seconds and has more block/evade skills

New Professions

in Suggestions

ScottTheWanderer.4716

I actually really like that idea of a profession, Fergus. Maybe a heavy armored cleric sort of class that uses heavy weapons like hammers and greatswords along with staves and scepters for some healing and CC magic?

And I don’t think the Ritualist profession by any means would be easy to play as, and it would probably take as long as, if not longer than, an elementalist would. It seems like it would be a very complex class to play as. If they used nature magics as well as summoning spirits, it could introduce a whole new style of gameplay.

New Professions

in Suggestions

ScottTheWanderer.4716

Monk and rit are out as they have been absorbed into the guardian and i believe it even says so on the guardian page .

@ fergus
I had a similar idea of applying attunements to a heavy but more in an offensive and defensive manner .

I call it the tactician
A Heavy class that “attunes” itself to either offense or defensive roles. Its class mechanic would be to have an offensive and defensive attunement that would switch weapon skills based on it . It would have a medium base health and have the following weapons
Main hand
Sword,Axe,
Off hand
Dagger,Shield,Sword,Mace
2 hand
Longbow,Hammer
Sword Dagger offense grants a chance at poisoning a foe on dagger strikes and is purely offensive skills where as Sword Dagger defense grants a chance at stability every so many seconds and has more block/evade skills

I don’t know if that would be a widely accepted profession because it kind of defeats the purpose of having a warrior for offensive and a guardian for defensive. If they were to release a new profession, it would have to be pretty different from the classes they already have.

I really like the idea and I think it would be a neat profession, but I think it’s too much like the warrior and guardian classes.

New Professions

in Suggestions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

the rit isn’t absorbed in the guardian, it’s not even scratching the surface of a rit.

New Professions

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

@ fergus

I call it the tactician
Main hand
Sword,Axe,
Off hand
Dagger,Shield,Sword,Mace
2 hand
Longbow,Hammer

I don’t know if that would be a widely accepted profession because it kind of defeats the purpose of having a warrior for offensive and a guardian for defensive. If they were to release a new profession, it would have to be pretty different from the classes they already have.

I really like the idea and I think it would be a neat profession, but I think it’s too much like the warrior and guardian classes.

You have to look at it as a jack of all trades master of none . The War and Guard will still be the best at what they do where as the Tactician has to put a little extra effort in

New Professions

in Suggestions

ScottTheWanderer.4716

No, I agree that it would be a really fun class to play, but I just think that since the main difference between a warrior and a guardian class is that one is offense and one is defense. But I like the idea of having an offense/defense option. It might go well if it was more of a monk class that used heavy armor, as I stated above. For the offense attunement it could have melee weapons and offensive magics, whereas the defensive attunement could have melee weapons also, but have the support magics be it’s main focus.

So I see where you’re going with your profession, I just feel that it would need to be more unique so it isn’t just a combination of existing classes.