New PvP Scenario Idea

New PvP Scenario Idea

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yujiza.1026

Yujiza.1026

Hello fellow residence of Tyria,

Before I begin, I want to mention that thoughts and ideas may be thrown around a little loosely. Don’t feel shy to perhaps add to what I say, change, or discuss what’s already been said. I randomly had a dream, and for some reason Guild Wars 2 was a part of it. I was thrilled with the amount of thoughts go through my mind from this dream I had, and I hope I get positive feedback.

Yujiza Jacooza, jovial HD Broadcaster!
http://www.twitch.tv/yujiza

New PvP Scenario Idea

in Suggestions

Yujiza.1026

The Scenario:

The type of Battleground I have in mind would be a stealthy—survival type. I don’t have a name yet, but something along the lines of Survival of the Fittest, or Ring of Snow, or Still Snowy Winds (I don’t know, ha!).

Depending on what the scale of the map; this is can go from at least 7 to maybe 21 players in this battleground. Notice something? An odd number will promote my next rule. It’s a full fledged Death Match Free For All, or possibly teams of three (9, 15, 21 players), leaving one player/team on top of them all. Once you’re dead, you’re removed from the battleground. Whoever is the last one/team standing wins.

New PvP Scenario Idea

in Suggestions

Yujiza.1026

The Map:

In the Shape of a Ring (circle or what have you) so it forces players to travel clockwise or counter clock wise. However, as I mentioned it’s a stealth map so lots of trees, bushes, things to hide in, and a open road (“What?” lol). This map doesn’t have to be a perfect doughnut type circle, but as long as it’s connected on each end making players wanting to travel in fewer random directions.

This map has Snow, lots and lots of snow. If I can explain well enough, the map is like a mountain with a frozen river (out of bounds area) surrounding it. It has a few cliffs, things to drop down like mountain ridges and so on. The main part is there are three major levels to the mountain. The Forest, the Road, and the Top. The Forest is the lowest level of the mountain, the Road in the middle, and of course the Top is the Top. I’ll explain each level in a little more detail.

The Forest

As you already know, this map is going to be stealthy, so this is where it is. While in the Forest, there are tons of things to hide and run through. Whether it be trees, bushes, mountain ridges, little cabins—whatever it may be; you cannot see very far ahead of you. I underlined it to make sure that this is not forgotten. This area is where players will spawn (in even distances of course) when the game begins.

The Road

This area of the map is completely open therefore your vision is much farther and anyone on the road can see you as well in the distance. Before reaching the road from the forest, there is very steep thick snow causing you to run a slower. That’s because I don’t want players to think the first place to go is the road if they get spotted. They either hide through the forest, or fight.

Anyway, why the road? To travel faster. While on the road, you gain an unstackable speed buff to travel around the map faster. Of course as I mentioned, you’re in a wide open space and easily spotted. When you return back into the forest you are not slowed because you’re traveling down the steep hill; not up. The primary goal is to get to tracked down players from the top which I’ll explain next.

The Top

This is where people will want to go when the game becomes longer with few players/teams remaining. There is a huge advantage for being up there, but a huge risk as well. You do not want to abuse this area as it will get you killed.

While you begin entering the top side of the map; there are heavy amounts of snow all the way to the tip slowing you down (perhaps greatly). When you reach the tip, your map will literally put a ping point on every single player’s/team’s location, and that will remain on your map for three minutes (or less if map is small) from where they were last spotted (before they continued moving). However, if you stay at the top, you can see the dotted lines of which directions the players were going in for a maximum of 30 seconds. With such a great advantage, you gotta pay the price.

The price you pay is the game will notify everyone; “Yujiza has reached the top and has scouted you”. From that point on, everyone else map will have a ping of your exact movements until you reach the road. Doing this will cause players/teams attempt to surround you so it’s risky business. Generally what you would want to do is simply run to the top; get the ping and get out. If the game has few players, then the 30 second watch will be quite useful so you’re not traveling around forever trying to find each other. The road has more use at this point for travel because you’re going to want to reach the player/team you spotted.

Oh, and of course this map will be named for each section for players to know where to head without getting too lost. That, or it’s “N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW” (mind asploads)!

New PvP Scenario Idea

in Suggestions

Yujiza.1026

The Combat Encounters:

When you come across a player in your line of vision; if you’re in a team setup, your teammates can see it on their minimap until the entity has been lost. This can promote people separating in small areas to cover it, or become bait to attract players for an ambush.

When a player has killed another one, the game will announce; “Yujiza has killed Jacooza”, and ping the player’s death location. Instantly players will be attracted to head your way and perhaps finish you off, or simply avoid that area all together. When you kill a player, you will gain a small buff that lasts for the rest of the game on your overall stats. Not significant enough to solo the world, but after a few kills; people will start to think about teaming up against you. I’m not sure on the specifics on how you’d look with a buff counter, but the game will notify all the other players.

Players cannot team up together (unless it’s a team death match) where they cannot hurt each other, but when they walk near each other; they can talk out a truce briefly (via /s, /y is not enabled). Of course we’re going to have players on Skype (or what have you) with each other sometimes so if other players pick up on that, it’s easy to team up and backstab each other. Best way is to have random queues with player’s gear levels unless they want to team up and queue as a team.

When you die, you have 30 seconds before you’re removed from the game. During those 30 seconds if you’re in a FFA game, you can announce only one sentence to the rest of the players which your killer cannot see; “It’s a Charr Guardian who uses GreatSword heading towards the Log Camp”. In a team game you cannot give your last breath however your teammates can rush to you and revive you. Risky business though because your team can end up going down with you.

The Scoring/Points:

Whoever wins gets the most points of course, but at the same time games like this may take a long time. So I thought the point system can be along the lines of a few specifics roughly. How many players/teams died before you did, how much distance you traveled (while not on road), and how much time you’ve lasted.

For example; I’m the fourth one to die, so I get a flat 400 points (Karma?). I however lasted for 20 minutes, and traveled 150 yards. Then basing on multipliers you’re awarded for your time and effort. What some may argue that because they’re forced to move for more points they can’t really hide. Therefore winning gives you a much larger base reward. It will give a bit of strategic aspects, but not blissfully camping for hours and racking up points just to barely participate in the game.

New PvP Scenario Idea

in Suggestions

Yujiza.1026

Additional Ideas/Thoughts:

I don’t have too many at this moment because I’ve written quite a bit, but there’s one thing I keep thinking about.

When you fight another player, and health is brought low, you do not leave combat for 30 seconds (or so). Therefore it’s a little more balanced so you don’t have one player owning everyone regenerating his health near instantly after he kills a player. Plus the fact he can’t simply disappear with only a corpse left behind. His combat movement reduced speed remains for the 30 seconds as well.

Thanks for reading guys, and I hope this wasn’t too long. My mind exploded with ideas just from a dream I had, and personally would love to see something totally innovative like this. Sure it has aspects from other games, but I believe I meshed them together in a unique fashion.

Please leave feedback, it would be more than appreciated.

~ Yujiza

New PvP Scenario Idea

in Suggestions

Yujiza.1026

Throwin’ myself a shameful bump. Perhaps anyone?

New PvP Scenario Idea

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

You pretty much used the Halloween event idea and put it in a new look, the hide-and-seek mechanic worked good on that one tho.

New PvP Scenario Idea

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arilin.8716

Arilin.8716

Best idea ever.

I repeat: Best idea ever.

You haven’t heard me ArenaNet?

BEST IDEA EVER.

No, i think that’s not enough.

BEST IDEA EVER

Now, a bit more seriously, you are simply a genius.
I want, no wait, i freaky NEED to see it implemented.
Do it right ArenaNet and this will be greatest PvP game map ever made.

New PvP Scenario Idea

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dreamwalker.3617

Dreamwalker.3617

Sounds a lot like Inquisition from Halloween. And I loved Inquisition.

Hats off to you, sir. A stealth map would be amazing.

That was so funny, I laughed twice.

New PvP Scenario Idea

in Suggestions

Posted by: iSpam.6124

iSpam.6124

Bring back the hunger games mode from one of the BWE’s that was so fun

New PvP Scenario Idea

in Suggestions

Yujiza.1026

Best idea ever.

I repeat: Best idea ever.

You haven’t heard me ArenaNet?

BEST IDEA EVER.

No, i think that’s not enough.

BEST IDEA EVER

Now, a bit more seriously, you are simply a genius.
I want, no wait, i freaky NEED to see it implemented.
Do it right ArenaNet and this will be greatest PvP game map ever made.

Haha, you’re making me blush! :P

On another note; do any of you have other ideas of things to implement or discuss what’s already been said? That or more praising feedback. :P

Thanks!

New PvP Scenario Idea

in Suggestions

Posted by: Martin The Brave.8731

Martin The Brave.8731

I like this idea, but I would like to make it more Cop vs Robbers like the Halloween event in Which the Mad Kings minions were suppose to hunt down the villagers. But even if it isnt this is still a great idea.

New PvP Scenario Idea

in Suggestions

Posted by: TYTan.5246

TYTan.5246

Lets support this good idea….