New Race Suggestions...

New Race Suggestions...

in Suggestions

Posted by: slayer.1083

slayer.1083

I STRONGLY suggest the following “NEW” race for Guild Wars 2: Black Elf race, Black Elves are almost human sized race of highly beautiful looking “black” skin elves with green hair and this race of elves can also be aligned with the side of good, neutral, and evil depending on their own individual personal choices and preferances basicly!

Michael J Sharp

New Race Suggestions...

in Suggestions

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

I STRONGLY suggest the following “NEW” race for Guild Wars 2: Black Elf race, Black Elves are almost human sized race of highly beautiful looking “black” skin elves with green hair and this race of elves can also be aligned with the side of good, neutral, and evil depending on their own individual personal choices and preferances basicly!

might wanna call it Dark Elves before people get offended again and no we are not in WoW and won’t need that.

New Race Suggestions...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

No thanks. We already have the Largos if we want a “dark elf” type race in Tyria. And even then, I’d rather see Tengu, Krait/Naga, Skritt, or Kodan as playable races before the Largos.

New Race Suggestions...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

This is one of those threads that I read, and just assume it isn’t serious. It’s just too silly, and I’m a little scared to see where it ends up from taking it seriously.

It makes the lore-fan part of me twitch unpleasantly.

._.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

New Race Suggestions...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Make a dark skinned Sylvari . Problem solved

New Race Suggestions...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alerno.1425

Alerno.1425

I’d buy several new character slots and spend tons of money if I could play as Skritt.

Shiney

New Race Suggestions...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Why ppl keep asking for a new race when armors of old ones arent even fixed?

New Race Suggestions...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

I’m totally okay with adding the black elves.

Attachments:

New Race Suggestions...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sunscreen.7046

Sunscreen.7046

i’d rather not create all new race that as generic as dark elves. let’s focus on bringing in actuall races that people are anticipaing, like, hmmm i dont know …. TENGU.

Unofficial tactician of the Balthazar Crusaders
Eredon Terrace

New Race Suggestions...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shades.4572

Shades.4572

i’d rather not create all new race that as generic as dark elves. let’s focus on bringing in actuall races that people are anticipaing, like, hmmm i dont know …. TENGU.

Assume the new race would be a Tengu and assuming on top of that they will have armor skins similar/the same as the Charr in shape/reskin since they have similar body builds, I hope they wait a long time before releasing. They really need to do something about how horrible the Charr look in armor with the stretching, clipping, and tail issues (not to mention that aesthetically lots of people don’t like the Char in anything unless its heavy). Those problems should be addressed before they make a new character use the same type of armor, otherwise we will have the same thing on the newly released playable which to me would be wasted effort.

New Race Suggestions...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Fauns/satyrs….. That would be so cool to see….

Kima & Co

New Race Suggestions...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

No to black/dark elves.

I love elves, but they do not fit in GW lore.

I would first and foremost like to see tengu then perhaps largos. Beyond that Anet will need to think outside the box. Or just stop there, not like we really need more races as such.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

New Race Suggestions...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

As Zeefa said, Im fine with elves but if I want them I can go anywhere else to get them. Im glad A-net moved away from the supposed pillars of fantasy by getting rid of classic dwarves and moving sylvari away from classic elves.

New Race Suggestions...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bron.9647

Bron.9647

No, we don’t need Drow. One of the things I like about Guild Wars 2 is that it doesn’t have any of the cliché races, except of course humans which are used in everything. However, I would not be opposed to a new race in GW2, especially if it’s Tengu, Kodan, or Largos.

New Race Suggestions...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I could see them adding a new race that goes with the dragon they release.

Tengu- Primorious
Skritt- Mordremoth
Ogre- Kralkatorik
Kodan- Jormag
Largos- Bubbles

Myabe thats the reason why its taking them so long with the new dragon is casue they will release a new race with it.

New Race Suggestions...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

I could see them adding a new race that goes with the dragon they release.

Tengu- Primorious
Skritt- Mordremoth
Ogre- Kralkatorik
Kodan- Jormag
Largos- Bubbles

Myabe thats the reason why its taking them so long with the new dragon is casue they will release a new race with it.

If it’d be like this I could also say that Half Life 3 is confirmed.

New Race Suggestions...

in Suggestions

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

NO ELVES THANK YOU VERY MUCH. So overdone and boring. How about skritt playable race. Special racial skills like “Throw a Distracting Shiny”

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

New Race Suggestions...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

Aww. No love for the Hyleck. I would love to be a frog person. And a mole man.

New Race Suggestions...

in Suggestions

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

Aww. No love for the Hyleck. I would love to be a frog person. And a mole man.

And apparently, no love for Quaggans and Skritt either. I’d love to be the cute Quaggan trying to save the world, and he’s going to need a fuzzy Skritt sidekick to go with him.

Not a big fan of Largos though. They make me think of the Star Trek aliens. You know, the type of aliens that are only distinguishable from humans by their nose jobs. Plus, they’re just too human for me. I played a human in the last GW game, so playing a human-like character again just doesn’t excite me unless they have a strong, full developed, emotional story line (like the humans in GW1).

As for Kodan — Those bears are too similar to the Coca-Cola polar bears.

Now back on topic: I’m saying no to elves too. First off, there is no elven lore in Tyria. The dark elves concept is too simillar to D&D’s Drow, Warcraft’s Night Elves, and the Lord of the Rings elves. You’d have to come up with a really good, unique concept to make elves fresh and new again.

(edited by kta.6502)