New Races/ Classes?

New Races/ Classes?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kinnik Yavay.1687

Kinnik Yavay.1687

So, I didn’t really know where to put this, but it seems like it wouldn’t be a bad idea to add new playable races to the game as well as classes. For instance, Hylek and the Tengu are both pretty cool characters that all have good opportunity for story, as well as open-ness to tie them in with the plot with their affiliation with the sylvari. Personally, I have wanted to play a tengu since GW1, and I am sure that there is a strong class that could go along with them, but I can’t think of one. The Hylek could be introduced with a class mastering in potions or poisons or something along those lines. I feel like character expansion would be a good road for Guildy to go down to bring some strayers back into the fray that is Tyria.

New Races/ Classes?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

How about they both master in Ritualists – I miss my ritualist :c

New Races/ Classes?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

I would love a ritualist and a dervish. I would also love to have a spear chuckling paragon.

What I would love MOST to play, is Kodan and Quaggan.

I think in the first expansion of GW2, they will implement Kodan and Tengu races as playable. Or Kodan and Grawl.

Are you Shpongled?

New Races/ Classes?

in Suggestions

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

They already said that we’d likely see another Soldier profession if we ever got another profession added to the game. They also said that a new profession is about the last thing on their list of things they want added to the game.

We’ll see new weapons, new skills for existing weapons, and more skills in general added before we even see the developers THINKING about adding a new profession.

New races, however, are more likely (and all but confirmed) to be done some time next year – likely candidates being Tengu or Kodan (though most are speculating and agreeing that Tengu are not only most likely, but also most preferred compared to Kodan).

Also, to anyone wanting Quaggan, Skritt, or Hylek as playable races, I highly doubt it because they’re considered lesser races. And really? This game would be a joke if everyone was running around as freaking Quaggans. Hylek would be cool I think, but again they’re a “lesser” race and it seems incredibly unlikely.

New Races/ Classes?

in Suggestions

Posted by: alamore.1974

alamore.1974

They already said that we’d likely see another Soldier profession if we ever got another profession added to the game. They also said that a new profession is about the last thing on their list of things they want added to the game.

We’ll see new weapons, new skills for existing weapons, and more skills in general added before we even see the developers THINKING about adding a new profession.

New races, however, are more likely (and all but confirmed) to be done some time next year – likely candidates being Tengu or Kodan (though most are speculating and agreeing that Tengu are not only most likely, but also most preferred compared to Kodan).

Also, to anyone wanting Quaggan, Skritt, or Hylek as playable races, I highly doubt it because they’re considered lesser races. And really? This game would be a joke if everyone was running around as freaking Quaggans. Hylek would be cool I think, but again they’re a “lesser” race and it seems incredibly unlikely.

Lesser race?? The only thing holding the hylek back is unity. With could make a exelent story line. The three orders hlping unite the scatterd hylek races witch are fighting the decline of there race. Against krait and the infuence of the dragons, not to mention trying to survive in a new hostile enviriment against all odds. Sound like hylek would be a awsome race and story to play

New Races/ Classes?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arya.9021

Arya.9021

I’d like to play a paragon kitten . Put some of those pretty spears to use than just under water. The race I would like to play would be that guild of assassins that you run into during your story line. Sayeh Al’Raihd or something was her name.

And they already introduced Hylek and Krait as killable AI. They could incorporate it, but I just don’t see it happening because of how much work it would take. Quaggan… more probable. They have the Charr and others because it was a continuance from GW1 lore. As TehPwnerer said, it will most likely be a GW1 race that interacted with our storyline.

I do agree about a new heavy armor profession though. And they will be adding new legendaries… hopefully.

Arya- Zero Quality [zQ]-Guild Wars
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but you abuse the privilege.

New Races/ Classes?

in Suggestions

Posted by: nica.5829

nica.5829

The assassin race is Largos, they are so cool looking :} Imo much cooler than the playable races currently in gw2, and way more awesome than Tengu or Kodan. They are sleek, mysterious, individual… So very different from humans, yet still somewhat human or elf-like so that I relate to them. This race would be very popularly played, I guarantee that. /beg
I hope they don’t add in Tengu as a race, I would hate that as much as Pandas in wow, and that’s why I quit wow.

(edited by nica.5829)

New Races/ Classes?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kinnik Yavay.1687

Kinnik Yavay.1687

The assassin race is Largos, they are so cool looking :} Imo much cooler than the playable races currently in gw2, and way more awesome than Tengu or Kodan. They are sleek, mysterious, individual… So very different from humans, yet still somewhat human or elf-like so that I relate to them. This race would be very popularly played, I guarantee that. /beg
I hope they don’t add in Tengu as a race, I would hate that as much as Pandas in wow, and that’s why I quit wow.

See… the tengu were in the first Guildy though, as a non-playable Henchi, and while the henchmen were all sub par as far as skill goes, Talon was a pretty cool cat that I tended to put in my party just for kicks. There is plenty of expansion opportunities for them, and you can’t say that there is no place on the map for them.

New Races/ Classes?

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheJokester.4672

TheJokester.4672

No offense to you yourself you have your desire and opinion for largos but imo they should stay as their 1 skill point and select few story quest they are rather unappealing to me anet would have to do some hard sales to get me to want to even touch them. However Tengu I LOVE I came from gw1 and talon wasn’t just for kicks the only melee hench I would get over him was Devona because hammer CC was useful but usually always devona and Talon in my party the others varied. I will make an additional 4 characters minimum when tengu become playable they already have a home connected to LA and Caeledon Forest (sylvari starter zone) called Domain of Winds. also there are many many more people that would love to play them not only for the potential but many of us came from GW1 many farmed tengu for feathers I’m sure but we all hold a soft spot for them plus I’d like to see what Anet can do for them as customization goes and appearance with armor(cultural mostly) they would make sleek rangers thieves and warriors easily plus in gw1 they also had necs and I think there were occassional monks i might be wrong tho correct me please.

New Races/ Classes?

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

Lesser race?? The only thing holding the hylek back is unity. With could make a exelent story line. The three orders hlping unite the scatterd hylek races witch are fighting the decline of there race. Against krait and the infuence of the dragons, not to mention trying to survive in a new hostile enviriment against all odds. Sound like hylek would be a awsome race and story to play

I didn’t say I wouldn’t like to play them. I’d love to play Heket. They’re my second choice behind Tengu.

New Races/ Classes?

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

Largos are pretty boring lorewise. Mostly because we know almost nothing about them. I’d say keep them mysterious. Have a few of them in the game world, we don’t need an entire race of manta ray hybrid people.

Back on topic, Tengu were in GW1 and how do Tengu relate at ALL to pandas? If anything Kodan would relate to them – not that that’s a bad thing. I personally find Kodan unappealing as a playable race as well, but it has nothing to do with other games.

New Races/ Classes?

in Suggestions

Posted by: EvaGolden.1730

EvaGolden.1730

I would prefer a Largos, too, but I get that Tengu are the most popular. And they’d be cool to have, too! Why not both, really? I wouldn’t mind that!

My argument for the Largos would be that their city is likely Underwater! So you’d ’’swim’’ to move around in their city instead of walking! ‘wanna see that! Maybe make it under a cave so that there’s really only one or two available exit, just for being practical!

New Races/ Classes?

in Suggestions

Posted by: nica.5829

nica.5829

Maybe it’s because I never played GW1, I really don’t get Tengu, they are just another beast race to me and I hate birds! I would very much dislike if they just added in beast race after beast race and the game started to look like a zoo.

New Races/ Classes?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hka.3942

Hka.3942

I can see Largos being added for when we’ll go against the DSD, they’re pretty cool and I can see a kind of Kurzick styled cities for them but under water obviously.

As for my choice, I want Tengus to come first like most other people, they are already a well established race in Tyria and they have rich lore, also everything points out to them being playable next : collector’s edition book, NPC dialogues, the fact that Asuras are making a portal in the Dominion and at the end of the personnal story the Tengu blacksmith of The Pact says that we have proven worthy and Tengu will now join us, maybe not as a whole but some of them might, …

New Races/ Classes?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xythian.4167

Xythian.4167

Personally I like the idea of a new race, and i would most prefer the tengu because the are well established and not as a lesser race like the hylek, quaggan or skritt But I would be more exited for a new profession It would be cool if it could use firearms because they signify the advancement of technology and only are used by 4 professions. It would also be good if its a soldier profession, as there are less of those.
maybe a mid ranged heavy armor profession. I have been thinking about a class that I thought of called the musketeer. it would be mid range, heavy armour. it would probably use rifle, great sword, sword (both hands) and pistol (off hand). it would use abilities similar to the warrior and engineer weapon skills and I don’t know what utility skills it would use, I understand that is would be hard to distinguish it from the warrior as the warrior can use almost all of those weapons.

A cool idea for largos if they do implement them would be giving the starter zones largely underwater, but with a small few islands, reachable from mainland tyria by asura gates and since its underwater there could be a whole new story where you fight the deep sea dragon

(edited by Xythian.4167)

New Races/ Classes?

in Suggestions

Posted by: EagleEros.5894

EagleEros.5894

A thing I would like to see is a profession simillar to the WoW’s death knight, a profession that uses the power of Zhaitan.

New Races/ Classes?

in Suggestions

Posted by: raseloc.6932

raseloc.6932

I think they should bring back the Dwarves. The map is already set up for an ‘underground’ layer, it would be perfect to have an expansion that creates a whole new explorable zone. And then include the Dwarves in their fight against the Great Destroyer.
Now I know lore says this:

“an event known as the Transformation of the Dwarves, their race was transformed into living stone, ending their status as a mortal race. Though the Transformation granted them the power to defeat the Great Destroyer, it also warped their personalities and sense of purpose. Driven to seek battle with the minions of Primordus, they dispersed into the Depths, where they remain to this day. "

but it would be easy to have some spell or something give them back some personality.

Guild – Savants[ijit]
Gate of Madness

New Races/ Classes?

in Suggestions

TehPwnerer.7215

I think they should bring back the Dwarves. The map is already set up for an ‘underground’ layer, it would be perfect to have an expansion that creates a whole new explorable zone. And then include the Dwarves in their fight against the Great Destroyer.
Now I know lore says this:

“an event known as the Transformation of the Dwarves, their race was transformed into living stone, ending their status as a mortal race. Though the Transformation granted them the power to defeat the Great Destroyer, it also warped their personalities and sense of purpose. Driven to seek battle with the minions of Primordus, they dispersed into the Depths, where they remain to this day. "

but it would be easy to have some spell or something give them back some personality.

Dwarves were never playable though and we already have a “short” race. Not to mention all of the dwarves that are still alive are underground fighting Primordus and his minions.

But yeah they do have an “underground” area on the map that is available to see. So it’s implied that we’ll eventually be able to go back underground like we did in GW1 – which is awesome.

But as far as them being playable? I don’t know, I just don’t see it.

New Races/ Classes?

in Suggestions

Posted by: rosabrand.4738

rosabrand.4738

“Skritt, I’ve been hit!”

I’m dying to play a skritt race. I know everyone has their preference and mine would be to play a rat with a long tail.

New Races/ Classes?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yonder.8390

Yonder.8390

I don’t really think grawl and quaggan have that good of lore to make it into a playable character in my opinion. I prefer the tengu becase they have tons of lore and are in guild wars 1. Instead of trying to make more races they should focus on the stories because the story in my opinion kinda sucks and it is really boring. I wish we can make our characters evil if we wanted to.

New Races/ Classes?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Midgetier.6293

Midgetier.6293

I would like to see tengu as a new race but together with kodan and what would be real cool with two proffesions something like a samurai or swashbuckler or maybe and with spear as a weapon a flail maybe dart tube just some generaly idea’s or nunchucks tongpo’s