New Transmute Stone - A Switching Crystal

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sabreene.8062

Sabreene.8062

I would love a new type of transmutation stone that switches the skins between two items, everything else being equal, and doesn’t destroy anything. Primarily for L80 exotics.

Both items would have to be the same level and type (or just only L80 exotics), and then the crystal would switch the skins between the two.

Why? Because at this point it’s all about looking good while kicking kitten!

Sometimes I’d just like to be able to make my knights gear look like my zerker gear, without having to destroy one of them. Or without having to buy/make a duplicate set for transmuting.

My little mesmer is loaded down with two sets of rampager gear that I don’t use but don’t want to lose (expensive skins!) and two sets of berserker gear (got tired of the human cultural look, but it was too expensive to lose in transmuting!).

It’s getting pretty darn expensive switching things around manually, especially since I have so many alts.

I’d absolutely love it if there was some type of closet where you could put your skins and the stats were separate, of course. But that changes the whole set up of pve/wvw armor, and I don’t see it happening.

A new transmuting stone that switched the skin (instead of transmuting and destroying) would be amazing, and could be sold in the gem shop and put in BL chests, which we all know Anet loves!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaiman.3150

Kaiman.3150

I support you! Not necessarily the Switching Crystal, but any solution to this problem you are describing would be game-changing in a positive matter!

Also I would like to see backpack items generally as being accountbound. I think since they are what the hat-collection was in GW1, I want to trade the funky back-items with my other heroes.
(Lore-wise I also don’t understand soulbound on touch, etc., see: someone is touching or even only receiving a nice sword, then nobody else can touch it ever again. Sounds a bit like a cursed weapon. – In GW1 you had to go to the blacksmith and customise your weapon to your champ to make it soulbound and give some little additional dmg to it, because o the customisation. That makes much more sense to me.)

(edited by Kaiman.3150)