New Weapons: Greataxe and crossbow

in Suggestions

Posted by: toryx.8296

toryx.8296

I think we should have a greataxe because most MMO’s i have played have two-handed axes, and we should also have a crossbow because you cant leave a crossbow out of a medieval fantasy MMO its just not natural

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kitsunami.6241

Kitsunami.6241

but for what classes?

Give the elementalist a crossbow and she/he becomes an elemental attuned archer with arrows of fiery lightning death for instance…

You cannot simply ‘add a weapon’

What you need is to suggest what type of weapon for what class and what it should do!

Also, i want a crossbow on my elementalist.

Kitsunami Lupo
Writer/Head of PR
www.gamersaurs.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

crossbow for thieves! YES PLEASE. Idk what 2h weapons are warrior exclusive but seems more like a Warrior-only weapon if anything. Hammer and Gsword on Guardian fits but not Gaxe. No other class would use it either.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Mesmers got GS, let Necro’s have Greataxe YEABOI.
This game has lots of room for new weapons, but of course they’d need thought put into em. For example crossbow doesn’t sound too plausible to me because really, in this game a crossbow would be the already existing rifle in disguised as a bow. Greataxe sounds cool tho.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TeaDoa.5968

TeaDoa.5968

I think a greataxe might be in the works already.

But a crossbow that is a great idea. Crossbow are a funny weapon the first power weapons but slow to reload. It is faster now but still not as fast as other bows they are they are accurate and powerful.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I could see warriors and necromancers using great axes.
Both as as heavy hitting close-range AoE weapons.

As for crossbows:
- Ranger:

• For longer ranges (up to 1500 range) and no AoE. Kind of like with the warrior’s rifle or Half Life’s sniper crossbow. The 5th skill would be a ‘snipe’ skill with 2400 range, dazes, and has a channeled activation that increases the damage the longer it’s charged (up to 10 seconds), and has a 120 second recharge.
  • Underwater, REPLACING the harpoon gun and getting all its skills as is, so rangers no longer have any firewarms at all.

- Engineer:

• As a two-handed semi-automatic weapon that deals lots of hits of low damage but has longg recharges, much like a chu-ko-nu.

- Mesmer:

• As a mix of ranger’s and engineer’s functionalities, and having things like “illusionary bowman”, and teleporting bolts that can be fired on the ground and leave clones behind.
SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kitsunami.6241

Kitsunami.6241

I would really like to see more ranged weaponry expanded upon for the classes.

For example, the engineer should not use the rifle as a shotgun. They should get a rifle, thats a real rifle, and have a shotgun model for the shotgun. Its disorientating to have a sniper rifle yet im firing it from the hip, etc.

I want to see the elementalist and mesmer get some sort of rifle, pistol or so forth functionality too. I personally do not see why elementalist cannot have a gun or bow, and be using said weapon to apply elements to the bullets or arrows.

Kitsunami Lupo
Writer/Head of PR
www.gamersaurs.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: gene helo.1590

gene helo.1590

I was actually thinking about this…

Crossbow for thieves would be great, though i don’t know what role you can play as a crossbow thief.

in Suggestions

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

Crossbow for Thief and Engineer could be used as a 1200 range weapon.
Thief doesn’t have anything at 1200 range except Cluster Bomb, and Engineer has to switch to grenade kit to do anything at long range because the rifle is a shotgun, not a ranged weapon.

in Suggestions

Posted by: biggs.4702

biggs.4702

I for one would love a 2-handed battle axe for warrior, but I also love the idea of it for necros as well as something similar to mesmer with greatsword.

I can totally see thieves and engineers using crossbows as well. Doesn’t strike me as particularly “ranger-y”.

The obstacle is the path.

in Suggestions

NinjaEd.3946

I was actually thinking about this…

Crossbow for thieves would be great, though i don’t know what role you can play as a crossbow thief.

Thieves have fairly short range. Thats not to say make them like ranger’s or engineer but for events like WvWvW, they suck unless they can utilize shadowstep well. Xbow would be slower but longer range and high peak dmg which is something Id like to have in wvwvw. could have for example:

1- Basic attack
2- trick shot – KD
3- explosive bolt – high arc with medium explosion radius
4- Powder shot – shoot bolt and detonate in mid air to create smoke cloud for X seconds. If not detonated, explodes at end of travel with smoke cloud.
5- Take Aim – Long range shot with cond effect. (Channel time X seconds.)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

I would absolutely love to have a crossbow for my Ranger.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Garenthal.1480

Garenthal.1480

Yeah, thieves could definitely use a weapon with longer range with the compromise of it having less utility and more heavy damage. If there’s a niche to be fulfilled for the thief profession, I’d say it’s being able to match other classes for striking at enemies from atop walls and fortresses.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeonCadme.4971

DeonCadme.4971

I have been dreaming about vielding a double bladed greataxe for my warrior Love the thought and crossbows kind of fits the game

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Do to the Mechanical nature of the crossbow the Engineer would be the best fit for this weapon an the Thief second . A crossbow would have some of the following functions

a pulling skill ,Vulnerability,A volley type skill,Bleed,Burning Perhaps Cripple and Immobilization as well depending on which class was using it . With as Few MMOs that actually use the Crossbow it would also be almost exclusive to Guildwars 2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Draco Aurum.7520

Draco Aurum.7520

How about giving Crossbows to Guardians, they really need the help in the ranged department and it fits with their Knight inspired style!

in Suggestions

Adine.2184

I disagree . i could see a Polearm for a guardian but not a crossbow

in Suggestions

toryx.8296

I disagree . i could see a Polearm for a guardian but not a crossbow

Actually historically European knights did indeed use crossbows so i believe that would be a great idea for the as well as polearms

in Suggestions

toryx.8296

The thing is i think the Xbow would be indeed a very versatile and useful weapon on the battle field, guardians can have holy bolts that burn, thieves can have a ability that is an aoe that when it hits the ground it puts a dust field that dazes enemies, warrior i have no idea on what they should have for an ability

in Suggestions

Adine.2184

Yes Knights did use crossbows but the Guardians primary function in the game is to get up close and personal so crossbows dont fit their ethos .

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daniel.2743

Daniel.2743

Makes no sense why ranger can’t use guns and engineer can.

Also why is there no sniper rifle weapon, when there is stationary sniper rifles in the game?

Cross bow should be in the game also.

in Suggestions

Adine.2184

Again as far as rangers are concerned its about the class ethos .

As far as the sniper rifles i havent seen any . ive seen Balistae ,Cannons and Mortars, Siege weapons and a few charrzookas but no sniper rifles

in Suggestions

NinjaEd.3946

Rangers are more about the wild than using new age weapons such as rifles. I imagine AreaNet won’t add them just because it won’t fit their style and they are using animals, not mechanical Golems or robots so theres no room for advancing their playstyle beyond bows and axes.(torches, warhorns, greatswords, daggers… they have enough)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elric.6971

Elric.6971

I would like you suggest to the posters to support a more ‘all encompassing’ weapons suggestion thread found here

in Suggestions

Posted by: Morbius Immortalis.1926

Morbius Immortalis.1926

Bows area a specialized weapon that takes practice and longbows generally result in greater range. Crossbows generally lack the longbow range, have more penetrating power, are easier to use in general, and provide better functionality for people in armor for shots as needed.

As far as guardians being short-ranged goes, they can use sceptres and staff as weapon choices.

2H axe if it is added to the game, should go to the classes that can already use 1H axes.