New WvW Ranking System Plan suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Savroula.4803

Savroula.4803

At this time the WvW is becoming a dull and boring thing. same servers, big difference in points, and no point being either in first tier or last tier. the buffs are the same. A-Net’s promise for everchanging opponents was true only at the begining. Now it is not. And WvW aspect is failing for the general public. Nothing to expect out of it.
So, here is a suggestion. Leave this ranking system and make something like this.
1. The ranking will only exist to show an overall standing but NOT to determine the opponents.
2. It should be like a round robin tournament style, let’s say, every week the server opponents will change to servers that have not played opposing before and there, the points they earned that week, will be added to the overall ranking system which, by turn, will have it’s own buff reward.
3. Prohibit free transfers.
4. No more Tiers determine the opponents rather than only world standings (kinda like football)
5. Make a supplementary one month (out of the 12 there are per year) WvW Tier Skirmishes that will have the servers that are on the same tier, to fight each other just for the sake of the current system, if you want. But this month should be like a small plus to overal score so there is still some motivation in it.

Sivaas Sil @Desolation
~ /LookingForLootbags ~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

Wouldn’t that allow, say, VS go against Vabbi? Yes, I am sure that would be a matchup everyone would enjoy…

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

in Suggestions

Savroula.4803

Yeah, but being first would not depend only from their matchups! It would depend on everyones matchups. Now there are other servers with the population of the VS but they are too low tiers with big differences that cannot just go up the ladder or do not want to. So, basically, everyone will be like “motivated” to play well.

Sivaas Sil @Desolation
~ /LookingForLootbags ~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

Having high population doesn’t mean you have a high WvW population. And having superior numbers does not mean you’re automatically going to win. There are plenty of servers with very high PvE population, but low WvW population.
And believe me, Vabbi wouldn’t hold a candle against VS.

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

in Suggestions

Savroula.4803

So? I am not talking about Vabbi and VS. You either cannot or just do not wanna get the concept -.- I mean, come on, do’t you understand that having the server’s switching opponents, will actually give everyone a shot to climb the ladder? Vabbi will stay last because of the PvEers. But what about other servers that actually are into WvW and cannot unstuck from the lower tiers due to the wrong pointing system A-Net has? First Tiers are WAY ahead from the next two tiers, REALLY long way… and every tier actually is. So there will be almost no climbing at all. But if there is another pointing system sypplemented (Like the first of each week gets 3 point, the second 2 and the third 1) and ther is always a round robin style in cycling the borderlands with different server, then it would matter less if VS had full WvW population and mostly how other servers are performing against other servers. Plus, with the current pointing system, when VS gets 5million points ahead, even if it becomes a dead server, it will not drop for years. And this will not be funn for the other two servers battling each other. So, this point system, is plain wrong and does not have anything to do with population in WvW. My plan depends on each server’s performance, not on Tiers, beacause once you get in a Tier, you can actually decide if you wanna stay. But if there is a variable of the other servers’ wanting to climb, then you can never decide to stay somewhere and you will want the most points because climbing the ladder and dropping others, will be easier for you and scarier for them. This is what you should get. In order to understand the logic in my plan.

Sivaas Sil @Desolation
~ /LookingForLootbags ~

(edited by Savroula.4803)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Wouldn’t that allow, say, VS go against Vabbi? Yes, I am sure that would be a matchup everyone would enjoy…

I will require a totally different play-style from Vizunah: Major-power vs guerrilla
Every Sentry and every Dolly killed with take rating points away from them.
They have to guard them all against stealth attacks and not sit with big blobs in towers.

I think it will be a big spectacle with much attention and a lot of laughs.
And Vabbi will get a lot support in their fight as well.

It would help Vabbi to have fun, if the B-info would not only show the Score, but the rating evolution as well. I think they can easily make 100pts plus in such a match.

And anyway, where is the difference in Arbor crushing them 466 900 : 32 757 and Vizu crushing them? I guess getting crushed by Arbor hurts more than being in a match with the No 1. And they are not alone there will be a third server in the match.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in Suggestions

Savroula.4803

As far as it concerns anyone in this WvW game, the WvW should be versatile and adaptive… Maintaining high score by only having blobs and Towers, worked at the begining because servers were constantly changing Borderland opponents. Now it cannot be done due to the lack of reseting the points.
I’ve heard that Elona has many numbers also but they are way behind to get to T1. In order for them to get to T1, Deso or SfR should be totally inactive for 3 weeks. But if the servers are so inactive in WvW, what is the fun? Server players will lose interest and that’s it… On top of that, even if alliances decide to stop, there are always individuals that one cannot convince or control so Droping to T2 or climbing to T1 with the current Pointing System is something over a months work at least! And another variable is: What if SfR or Deso wanna drop Tier but Elona does not want to climb tier and stalls? The tiers will not change whatsoever. So obviously Deso and SfR will get deserted and VS will gain points on deserted servers. That means that they will build a huge difference in points only by PvD (Players vs Doors)! And where is the branch of WvW???!!!
So, either reset the points like you did on NA servers, or implement a new plan with more actual WvW and not fixed servers.

Sivaas Sil @Desolation
~ /LookingForLootbags ~

(edited by Savroula.4803)

in Suggestions

Dayra.7405

Deso or SfR should be totally inactive for 3 weeks.

Duration is very uninteresting for Glicko-2.
You have to win or loose with higher score ratio than the last time
to continue gaining or loosing points.
Just loosing may give you rating points and just winning may loose rating points.

If you loose 5 weeks or 10 weeeks or 10 years with the same score in every match you will have the same rating at the end.

What keeps them up is that Deso and SfR play equally bad. If one of them would loose points to the other, they would have been down already.

in Suggestions

Savroula.4803

What keeps them up is that Deso and SfR play equally bad. If one of them would loose points to the other, they would have been down already.

That is my point. Why not make this more versatile and adaptive? Why not making it each week a round robin and get rid of Tier battles? Points will be accumulated through each week vs each server’s rating, and not only depending on other 2 servers.

Sivaas Sil @Desolation
~ /LookingForLootbags ~

in Suggestions

Dayra.7405

You do not need to convince me.

I already proposed:
- Random matches (with ranking computed as now), or
- Probabilistic Random Matches. (everything is possible, but matches closer in ranking are more likely)

I agree that it is more fun to have very different matches every week over having balanced matches.
Zerg vs zerg vs zerg in one week
Zerg vs zerg vs guerrilla in another
zerg vs guerrilla vs guerrilla in the third.

Be good in different settings, make most out of playing against a low rank server,

Face DIFFERENT challenges every week.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in Suggestions

Savroula.4803

I am not trying to convince you :P I know that every wvw player wants to have fun, not zerg (except probably for VS :P ) and I agree with you totally. The pointing system must change radically as well as the matchup compound. I just try to be specific in the flaws that the current system ranking has. though even the reset of points, will actually have the same ladder standings after a month or two. xD So, GW2 WvW, needs a radical change in point distribution system and matchup composition.

Sivaas Sil @Desolation
~ /LookingForLootbags ~