New WvW Trait: Dolyak Guard

New WvW Trait: Dolyak Guard

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chemical Rush.2569

Chemical Rush.2569

Greetings. Guarding dolyaks is currently the least popular things to do in WvW, but it’s also very useful. I thought of a 5-tier set of traits that would help with guarding immensely, and would make WvW more fun.

1/5: While within range of the “Guard Caravan” quest, players gain 10 stacks of might.

2/5: While within range of the “Guard Caravan” quest, player and dolyak gain a 20% max Vitality increase.

3/5: While within range of the “Guard Caravan” quest, player and dolyak gain Protection.

4/5: While within range of the “Guard Caravan” quest, Dolyak gains a 100% speed increase (runs twice as fast as it does now; can still be caught by running at normal speed and easily caught by any speed increase abilities).

5/5: Players can ride dolyaks during the “Guard Caravan” quest, gaining access to unique abilities.

Examples for #5 tier: A short bow (like the hunter’s short bow, so it’s decent for power/crit or condition damage) for ranged attacks, an AoE ability to knock away melee, a ranged CC like a net, and a small heal for the Dolyak, and a dismount button as the 5th button.

Thanks for reading, hope you like the suggestions. Feel free to change any/all of them, but please add some kind of traits for guarding dolyaks. Thanks.

Edit: I thought some may think the traits are OP, but please keep in mind the range of the Guard Caravan quest is really quite small. And unless people are attacking the Dolyaks, no one really goes near them. Also, people usually attack dolyaks in groups (because that’s how people in WvW travel), so that is why I feel that those stat boosts are necessary, to draw in people to guard them. Keep in mind, people guarding dolyaks are going to be too preoccupied for other objectives, such as re-taking camps, guarding towers, etc. That is why no one guards them.

The WvW point gain for guarding dolyaks is very small compared to zerging. Even with the speed boost trait, guarding dolyaks is purely for increasing your team’s ability to defend keeps. It’s a rather thankless job. It is a job very few people want, but it is important. This would accomplish two things: It would draw people to the job of defending dolyaks, and it would make them into more important objectives. As it is, they are often ignored unless it is an emergency (finishing a reinforcement when your gate/wall is almost down). These traits would change that and make the game much more fun, in my opinion.

(edited by Chemical Rush.2569)