in Suggestions

Posted by: Badaboo.1634

Badaboo.1634

I think would be awesome to have like werewolf kinda race that would be kitten

New race idea

in Suggestions

Posted by: Badaboo.1634

Badaboo.1634

awesome* (b…a.d.kitten . was cencored as kitten..)

New race idea

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gieniusz Krab.8259

Gieniusz Krab.8259

no, its bad idea…

New race idea

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mel.8769

Mel.8769

Common sense is a flower that doesn’t grow in everyone’s garden. -Unknown

New race idea

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Charr are already for those who want a furry beast-like race.
Norn are there for those who want to turn into The Wolf.

A werewolf race would not fill any missing racial niche.

Tengu are still the next best candidate.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

New race idea

in Suggestions

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

i guess they will highest give one new which is already in the game. My guess is those bird guys.

if do a new race why not a maschine based race. some steampunk mechanic atifical inteligence

I personal dont want new races the game has so much flaws it would be nice enough they are all fixed first.

New race idea

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

If GW2 ever gets a new playable, race, then it should be completely new never ever before seen races with their own complete new lore and culture to explore.
Tyria is soo huge as we know now by looking at the gigantic world map globe in the order of whispers hideout in, where you can get a grasp of how tyria the contenent tyria, cantha and elona are to the complete rest of the world of Tyria that absolutely nobody can’t deny the shear fact, that there must be living somewhere out there absolute unknon races…

it would be just a wise decision of Anet go implement new unique playable races, that strengthen the uniqueless of the overall game, rather than implementign countless of already known races, which crealy are THERE ONLY for being either

- Enemies
- Personal Story Allies
- NPC Decoration
- Dynamic Events.

Playable Races have to fulfill various specific things to just get into the near of getting the possibility to become even a playable race at all.

1: They need a compelling rich lore and culture
2: They need their home hometown
3: They need a body, that is able of doing exactly all the same things, like all other already existign playable races. this completly erases every chance of centaurs becoming ever playable, because 4 legged horsemens can’t swim, can’t dive, can’t climb, can’t make dodge rolls… so every centaur fanboy/girl out there, get them please out of your minds…

Currently we have following standards in the game:

• 0815 Allrounders that are perma present – Humans, check
  • The generic typical small and cute race – Asurans, check
  • The generic huge and brutal looking race – Norns, check
  • The generic beast man race – Charrs, check
  • The generic elf like/ naturalist race – Sylvari, check

So basically the only race niches I am able to think of, that could fit to these 5 standards would be among the Tengu

So some kind of amphibian reptile hybrid humanoid like race limilar of size between Humans and Charr.
A Sahagin is basically a hybrid between a Snake, Turtle, Frog and Lizard at once.

Sahagin live under water als also in deserts, they can live in the most extreme territories due to being amphibious they live on land as like under water.

However, if Anet brigns ever something liek this and the picture is only for inspiration, I’m 100% sure, Anet maybe rename it. However, Asura and Tengu also are terms of names about real life mythological creatures ect.
So I see no problem in it, why Anet could not also introduce playable Sahagins as they would be a race, that i see also, could fit the role for every playable class too.

Sahahins could be also maybe introduced for the world of Tyria and its lore, as a kind of advanced higher evolved tribe of the Krait maybe, one that could be introduced maybe with an add on about Utopia, thinkign about how utopia was massively intended to be a game for GW1 that should have some heavy design influences from the aztec/mayan south american mythologies and cultures, the then into the EotN shortene version of Utopia already showed back then these kind of influences.
Also the whole stuff about rata Sum is already a heavy influence from the aztec/mayan culture in GW1 at least as also like back then there al the enemies like the then new introduced tengu tribe of the Quetzals (.i.A Quetzalcoatl, one aztec weather god, the hylek are also alot of inspired by the aztec/mayan praising the weather(sun) as their gods/religion.

Tengus and Sahagins in brief are basicalyl the only 2 playable races I’d personally like to have in the game. More than 7 playable races absolutely aren’t needed to have among them somethign for every taste.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

New race idea

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

If you want something this is krait-like, but not quite krait, you have the naga.

Naga have serpentine bodies and dwell in seas and lakes, but their faces are more humanoid than krait, with much shorter snouts, smaller mouths and more prominent foreheads. They are more peaceful too. They used to be fishers and trade with human before the jade wind almost wiped them and they turned hostile towards human.

Still, much like you can find friendly ogres and grawl, friendly naga should be possible.

The only problem would be that they have snake-like bodies, and playable races that are not biped is higly unlikely. Designing armors for them is way harder as you can’t simply stretch and fit an armor already made for other race. And well, snakes are not the best jumpers around.

The other exiting watter dellers are largos. But they could be problematic because of their fins. Unless those were actually ‘cultural back items’, they would get in the way with actual back items worn by players.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!