Nicholas the Traveler - Scavenger Hunt.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Enigma.7384

Enigma.7384

So if any one here has played GW1 you will remember that each week, starting on monday, Nicholas the Traveler would appear somewhere randomly in the world of Tyria and give players a task to search for a specific item and quantity. In exchange, he would provide the players with a gift of the traveler which contained various items, ranging from simple foods and beverages all the way up to special, unique, and strong weapons. Ever since GW2 started I was hoping that Arena-Net would implement him back into the world of Tyria. While I realize that Nicholas and professor Yakkington are long gone I believe Arena-Net could possibly have him come back as a ghost or have a descendant of him roam the world of Tyria continuing the legacy of his ancestor.

Long story short, I believe this could be a great way to implement the scavenger-hunting idea that Arena-Net was thinking of. Not only would it add a (possibly) new way to obtain precursors it would encourage exploration and add a bit of nostalgia into GW2.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

He does have a living descendant mentioned, so the background lore is there. ^^ I hope they do put this back in the game. I loved hunting down the items he wanted and then getting the presents. It was like a little mini game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

I could see that. How about:

Every day, Nicholas’s descendant appears in a different location on Tyria, providing a mechanic that encourages exploration of the open world. In exchange for a specific trophy item from that zone, he’ll offer you one gift of the traveler. Open them up for a mystery prize (including a very small chance at a precursor) or build up stacks to trade for individual pieces of a pre-cursor.

For example, let’s just say that 1 stack of gifts = 1/4 of a precursor, so 1000 gifts = a precursor of your choice. Example – Dawn = Blade of Dawn, Sheath of Dawn, Guard of Dawn, and Handle of Dawn.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teraphas.6210

Teraphas.6210

Should be for new items not already existing

You can’t spell Slaughter without Laughter

in Suggestions

Posted by: Enigma.7384

Enigma.7384

Should be for new items not already existing

Well the items in the gifts he gave included items already existing in the game. Keep in mind that most of the items included in the gifts were miscellaneous as well as specific items. Not only were festival-items included but other things like everlasting tonics. If A-Net added any new items to the game they could include them in the gifts. Blackrose, I like the idea of having a large amount of gifts to trade for pieces of a precursor weapon, it would be something to work towards since such a large amount would be required.

Anyways, if anyone else has any thoughts or ideas please do contribute! I’d like to hear more.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

+1 You heard him. Res Nick the traveler!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

One thing nice he had to hand out was summoning stones. People are making threads asking for heroes because they are having problems soloing some areas. If they had summoning stones they could use, this might help address the problem. Each summoned creature could live up to 30 minutes, and there was a 10 minute cooldown once you used one.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Summoning_stone