No Pets

No Pets

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tyler.4150

Tyler.4150

Hey guys, there was a thread about this topic in the Ranger section but I thought that I should move it here as well. So some of us Rangers think that it would be great if we could have the option to just not have a pet at all. Some people think that the pets get in the way, others think that they die too easily, some just like to be lone wolves, and now other people are mad (myself included) that we can no longer revive pets while in combat. Because of these things we should have the option to opt out of pets altogether and in their place get some buffs for toughness and possibly DPS. I also think that it would be nice to add some stealth skills for the ranger to aid in avoiding damage because the pet is no longer there to be the tank. Rangers are hunters so they have to use stealth to hunt their prey which means that it is fitting to the class. I think that this would not upset the balance of the game in anyway and would give player that much more customization. In a game that claims to be breaking the mold in every way, shape, and form, I think that it would be met with a lot of positive feedback. So tell me what you guys think and if we have enough people like it maybe ArenaNet will notice and think about doing something like this.

North America – Isle of Janthir
Morowen Argon | Human Ranger | Lvl 80
Jada Argon | Human Mesmer | Lvl 56

No Pets

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tyler.4150

Tyler.4150

You don’t need to be so nasty about it. It was just a suggestion.

North America – Isle of Janthir
Morowen Argon | Human Ranger | Lvl 80
Jada Argon | Human Mesmer | Lvl 56

No Pets

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bonzoso.7014

Bonzoso.7014

I would agree that players should be able to ‘stow’ their pets if they want to, if that’s what you’re getting at. If you’re actually suggesting that a ranger should be able to be created entirely without pets during character creation, well, I don’t know how likely that is. They’d have to provide some other way for pet-less rangers to make up the loss of damage in order to balance it, which is definitely possible, but probably not that probable in the short term.

No Pets

in Suggestions

Posted by: Y u mad its vydia.6324

Y u mad its vydia.6324

Turnbot, troll somewhere else. I think it would be great to have such an option, I myself like rangers a lot but I do not play one because I find pets to be ‘broken’. They are extremely unresponsive and most of the times I want them to use a skill it takes a lot of button mashing to even get the skill queued up for the use, and then need to wait for the long cast time, etc. I find them annoying, and I really dislike the pet swap mechanic (I’ll just take this alligator out of my pokeball).

Subjective as those reasons might be, I’d be very happy if I could play a petless ranger. There’s more to hunters than having a dog

Malaakh. [EU] Desolation.

No Pets

in Suggestions

Posted by: rjdslayer.3847

rjdslayer.3847

I would have to agree with Turnbot here….You might as well play a different character if you don’t like the pet mechanics or the pet in general, besides it has only been the first couple weeks….pets could get better……

Mai Daemoon – Elementalist
Xapp IggÍx – Engineer
Guild Officer of [TB] The Betrayed (Sea Of Sorrows)

No Pets

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vorkk.4927

Vorkk.4927

How about if they focused on making our pets better first? They have focused on mechanics first which is great as some of them acted all insane like the moa’s. Mine just aggro’d EVERYTHING even if it was pretty far away and not asked to. However, ours pets kinda suck. They are dead most of the time. They could use a bit of an HP boost if you ask me. Also, most people use the same pets because their effects or skills are more valuable than others. I won’t mention them because knowing how mmo’s work, those reading this would think I was asking for a nerf and I am not. I do think that the other pets should have skills that are a bit more useful however if you really want to make me use other pets…

No Pets

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

You can stow your pet if you don’t like it.

You’ll be less effective, but you can do it.

Just don’t expect the profession to be tweaked to compensate for the lack of pet, as it’s integral to the profession.
It’ll be like asking for a engineer without belt skills that is as powerful as one without them.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!