No fun in PVE we need a raid

in Suggestions

Posted by: vektor.7058

vektor.7058

I have been playing the game now sense Release and im a big PVE person myself but i do enjoy some PVP. Currently im having a problem were i log into your game i stand in town for 15 mins then i just log off unless i feel like pvping which is also becoming boring because its the same thing over and over. I would like to know is there any Hope of us seeing a raid or some challenging content that requires more than 5 People, I know your games point is to keep them small so everyone can play the content but i feel as tho you are lacking the competitive feeling that Raids bring to the game that make people want to log on and spend hours playing your game to to achieve a common goal.

Lets take the zytain Fight, This in my eyes was a end game Battle that should be challenging and rewarding but the first time i stepped into this dungeon/end game content it was a sever joke, I didn’t have to work for anything i didn’t even have to try i just sat their and the battle pretty much fought itself. Its became so much of lost cause to even step foot inside that place again that by this point it is a waste of a good story that the game is majorly based on.

I feel this game needs a raid content this will make the game more structured, it will also bring back the raiding population, it will also bring back the dieing story that most people playing the game have long forgotten about. Also the Lost Shores event was just Horrible just saying i logged on had fun for a day and i haven’t returned to the new island sense because there is no reason to be their accept one or two jump puzzles but i can guarantee you if there was a raid Dungeon(10 or 25 people) on that map there would be swarms of people there every day trying to get into that raid.

So with that said i hope you all read my opinion and take some thought into it, because you have a great game here but every good mmorpg Needs A Story to make it Rememberable without a story its just a bunch of PVPERS running in large groups with no idea whats going on just knowing anything they see red they need to kill it.

I myself love your game its well structured but im finding it harder every day to log on and stay on because i find nothing fun i can do, just sit in town and watch chat. Your game can be Great and its got a good Player base At The Moment but don’t let your game turn into a world of warcraft clone were in under 1 week of being max Level you have cleared all content and have the best gear in the game, world of warcraft is just kitten now because of that there’s no challenge to the game to keep players interested.

i hope you Read and take my words to heart i just don’t wana see a game with so much potential Die Like all the rest.

Small Changes to help make this Possible:

TANK:
Warrior class and Guardian Class:
when shield is equipped add tanking skills like taunt, dodge, and a increase in hp(HP boost on Shield as Stats)

Healers:
Guardians and Mages:
Add a Holy Staff or Holy Weapon Group that gives its own healing Skills based off of AOE Healing and Damage Converting to healing spells

Its not a lot but its a start.

There shouldnt be a problem with this game adding raiding to the game its very easy to achieve just make a custom set of skills that activates when entering a raid that way the game stays the same for everyone who doesnt want to raid and those who do want to raid are happy as well

(edited by vektor.7058)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Uorya.6593

Uorya.6593

this isn’t wow, stop asking such no sense things, if you want to spend 5 hours of your life inside a raid of 20/40 peoples just go play wow, rift, swtor and other things like that, 90% of themepark mmo got that features with gear progression, why arena net have to ruin a game like this? gw2 will never have that kind of things so please stop crying and whining, if you don’t like how this game work just go to another one.

Ps: if they will ever add raids and gear progression i’ll come everyday on this forum asking for the full loot pvp feature, then let’s see how we put it.

(edited by Uorya.6593)

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

1) Paragraphs. It was incredibly hard to read the first bit.

2) I disagree with bringing Tanks and Dedicated Healers. Instead, more mechanics that focus on situational and positional awareness, and awareness of your team-mates in place of this (i.e. mechanics that promote both teamwork and self-sufficiency). Also, not sure where you got ‘mages’ from.

3) You don’t need raids for a story. Each dungeon has its own story. Each area has its own story. Major NPC’s have their own story. That proves that you don’t need Raids to tell a story.

4) Raids won’t necessarily give people a reason to log in either. More challenging open world events (i.e. teamwork mechanics, more than one aspect to them ect) would, IMO, be far, far better than raids. Also, as a side note, more tasks for people to give something to work towards (Order Missions, Area Rep, Nic the Traveler ect)

5) While raids could bring structure, I also feel that same structure would take away immersion. These dragons are a threat, and they’re cooped up in somewhere? Rather than flying around in the open world, able to attack settlements at any moment?

TL;DR – While I have nothing against Raids, you don’t need them to make a game challenging or immersive, or for them to tell a story. You also don’t need the Trinity for mechanics that encourage teamwork

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

(edited by TheDaiBish.9735)

in Suggestions

Posted by: BabelFish.7234

BabelFish.7234

Mention raid in title, check
People flood in making wow comparisons, check

Don’t get me wrong, I HATE WoW but this is typical no brainer wow-phobia.
Raids are the only thing WoW had 100% right for a few reasons.

1) it encourages communication and coordination between large groups vs epic bosses
2) it instances those epic bosses so crap like last weekend lag doesn’t happen

I support this as long as its implemented properly and works for GW2, it cannot be simply copy-pasted over from WoW as WoW has different mechanics.

in Suggestions

vektor.7058

PEOPLE i don’t understand everyone saying if you wana raid go to WOW U KNOW WOW RAIDING IS **** the game use to be good 5 years ago its trash now there is no true raiding anymore in that game + i said mage’s for healing because if ur water u have healing skills

but the way i see it heres how to make everyone happy keep the game like it is but have a skill change and separate the pve gear for raiding when your enter a raid dungeon this won’t hurt you cryers on the game like no its not fair its to hard everythings to hard i want the game like call of duty just shoot shoot shoot and roll face all day god guys its not gonna hurt the game as long as its introduced correctly get over yourself let the game have the pie and eat it as well.

the game doesn’t change and the pve players get what they want no one is unhappy and the best thing behind this is IF U DONT WANA RAID THEN DONT (*) RAID go back to your pvp and let us be

(edited by vektor.7058)

in Suggestions

TheDaiBish.9735

Mention raid in title, check
People flood in making wow comparisons, check

I don’t think 2 people count as a flood

I support this as long as its implemented properly and works for GW2, it cannot be simply copy-pasted over from WoW as WoW has different mechanics.

Like I said, I have nothing against them, but I’d rather the really big fights (like the dragon Lieutenants [the actual Elder Dragons would be understandable, however, in terms of immersion, which I should have probably expanded on]) be improved to the point of near perfection.

i said mage’s for healing because if ur water u have healing skills

Elementalist. Yes, I’m that picky.

but the way i see it heres how to make everyone happy keep the game like it is but have a skill change and separate the pve gear for raiding when your enter a raid dungeon this won’t hurt you cryers on the game like no its not fair its to hard everythings to hard i want the game like call of duty just shoot shoot shoot and roll face all day god guys its not gonna hurt the game as long as its introduced correctly get over yourself let the game have the pie and eat it as well.

1) Why do you need separate gear and different skills if it’s a challenge of skill and teamwork? Stick with your usual gear and skills, and just implement challenging mechanics.

2) Raids don’t necessarily mean the content will be challenging. You kind of demonstrated that by saying WoW raiding is easy.

3) Believe it or not, not all people saying no to raids want everything to be easy.

the game doesn’t change and the pve players get what they want no one is unhappy and the best thing behind this is IF U DONT WANA RAID THEN DONT (*) RAID go back to your pvp and let us be

Players aren’t divided into Raiders and PvEers.

Like I said above, I’d rather them improve dynamic events to the point where people are forced to work together or fail. Then maybe implement Raids for the Elder Dragons, since, from an immersion standpoint, it makes sense.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

(edited by TheDaiBish.9735)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Child Of The Aesir.8762

Child Of The Aesir.8762

I am going to try and defend vektor. I do think the game may need some bigger end game dungeons/ raids.

To be fair though, I would also suggest that they do not institute the holy trinity. (healer, tank, dps.)

Supplying a higher end 15-25 people dungeon/ raid to the game could help keep players around. Let them earn nice armor, weapons, and cosmetic items.

I don’t think that main story lore should be attached to these raids / dungeons. Unless they were some what more accessible to everyone.

But bigger challenges and bigger rewards would be nice to see.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

I read you opinion and i disagree with it.

Not only you want to add raids , you also want to bring the trinity back to the game.

GW2 attracted players because it was DIFFERENT to the other current MMOs , there is no need for it to become exact like so many others.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Suggestions

Child Of The Aesir.8762

Eek I didn’t make it clear enough.

No holy trinity. No dps, no tank, no healer, no one telling me what i need to build my toon into.

I love that guild wars does not have this. If it ever did. I would quit right away.

However adding larger scale dungeons / raids would only add to the game.

The magic of Guild Wars 2 is accomplishing dungeons and challenges with friends while complimenting each others play styles.

I think the devs could come up with something using that in a 15-30 or what have you large scale dungeon/raid/event for high lvl players.

in Suggestions

Nox Aeterna.2965

Eek I didn’t make it clear enough.

No holy trinity. No dps, no tank, no healer, no one telling me what i need to build my toon into.

I love that guild wars does not have this. If it ever did. I would quit right away.

However adding larger scale dungeons / raids would only add to the game.

The magic of Guild Wars 2 is accomplishing dungeons and challenges with friends while complimenting each others play styles.

I think the devs could come up with something using that in a 15-30 or what have you large scale dungeon/raid/event for high lvl players.

There is a holy trinity if you got tanks and healers , that is it.

There is no telling how you should your char over? In other games , tanks can usually also be dps just like healers , just depend on their build , it is no different than in GW2 making guardians use the shield to taunt and so on.

That will be a single build , sure you can still heal /dps , but that will require another kind of gear to be efficient for sure , since we already got ingame dif kinds of gears that would actually feat tank/dps/healer, that is to forget about traits and all the other usual stuff.

So to add a tank/healer mechanic is to simple bring back the holy trinity , im assuming you mean you dont have to have it back because people can pick their built? That is not different from other games , they could pick it there also. just had to built around it.

I personally liked tanking a lot , in every single MMO with the trinity i would pick tank , other tasks would get me bored fast, but i hope GW2 remain clear from this kind of mechanic , plenty of other MMO already offer it and something new is good.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Serenity.6470

Serenity.6470

Please add Raids to the content. I don’t see what it could possibly hurt. Not adding raids is discrimatory towards the guilds who want more of co-ordinating content. I believe the risk and reward should be better as well. Please at least look at this, it can only help your endgame.

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

What is this? The fourth thread on this garbage in as many hours?

The search function is there for a reason. For the sake of every kitten in existence, learn to use it!!!

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tankxx.6184

Tankxx.6184

I agree. Add raids to the game! Please pretty please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

I have no problem with Raids/larger group content as long as the rewards are hard to get skins and not a new tier of gear. This game is about skill over gear not kitten cause you have the latest tier of armor.

in Suggestions

vektor.7058

well all i have to say is give us all a test server and put a raid on it and see how everything goes if it works well then use it if its utter * then dismiss it just give people the chance to try it

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Some of us came to GW2 specifically to get away from the raids and gear grind mechanics of other MMOs.

ANet have already capitulated to a small vocal elite on gear grind by introducing Ascended-tier gear. Now those same whiners want raids as well. Keep raids out of GW2.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

vektor.7058

well the thing is even if you dont like raiding guess what you dont have to raid as i presented it, make a costum set of skills for raiding that way all you pvpers stay happy and everyone that enjoys raiding can be happy as well this way nothing in the game changes

in Suggestions

TheDaiBish.9735

While I have nothing against Raids, I can see how it could hurt in some ways:

• If it’s extremely popular, it takes people out of the world, meaning those levelling might have trouble completing DE’s at later levels.
  • If it isn’t popular, it diverts resources from them improving existing content.

Personally, I’d rather see them improve DE’s in later zones vastly to the point where co-ordination and teamwork are needed otherwise you fail. However, from an immersion standpoint, raids would make sense for the Elder Dragons since you can kill them and then forget about them (although, considering they are supposed to be the biggest threat to Tyria, you’d have thought they’d be flying around creating havoc).

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

Uorya.6593

and what do you expect to find in a raid? item progression items? that’s only the first step to ruin the game, this game is not based on raids, they did so much for pve users, they did the event they did the new dungeons and the new zone, and what for www? nothing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dreamwalker.3617

Dreamwalker.3617

THE TRINITY IS DEAD. LONG LIVE GUILD WARS 2.

Just saying. We don’t need raids, we don’t need gear progression, and we definitely don’t need the holy trinity. Anet has stated countless times that they are completely, COMPLETELY against the trinity. It just ain’t happening.

That was so funny, I laughed twice.

in Suggestions

Uorya.6593

Please add Raids to the content. I don’t see what it could possibly hurt. Not adding raids is discrimatory towards the guilds who want more of co-ordinating content. I believe the risk and reward should be better as well. Please at least look at this, it can only help your endgame.

Ok let’s put the item progression on this game, but if you die in a dungeon your character will be deleted forever, will you accept the RISKS?

Or let’s put full loot features, many peoples want that! it’s discriminatory towards those hardcore peoples who like TRUE RISKS on pvp, ok?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I got it a little bit hard imaging raids in Guild Wars 2 due to if it is more than 5 people it just feels like a zerg. It wouldn’t really be any tactics at all, since we barely have them in dungeons.

in Suggestions

vektor.7058

well i myself miss the strategy and coordination that came from raid i would like to see it in guild wars 2 because like you said we barely see any in dungeons that we currently have

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I disagree with adding tank and dedicated healer mechanics to the game. The combat system in this game needs very little work. It is engaging and fun- and, once you learn your profession’s mechanics, can offer unique strategic challenges.

To the point of raids – I dont like the idea of instanced raids, but I would love to see more complex large scale fights across all zones (not just lvl 80s) that offered a real challenge for organized groups (even for 80s).

By complex, I mean to the point where at least a percentage of the group must be paying attention to fight mechanics and working together. Reward people who pay attention to mechanics/work together and “punish” those who dont (through repair bills). With that in mind, I cant think of any mechanics from raid bosses in other games that couldn’t be used in GW2. Things like needing to target switch, open gates/pull levers, stack together, spread apart, kite adds, etc – all of these things and much more could be used in fight designs without the restrictions of “instanced raids.”

They could easily drop raid level bosses into corners of the world without disrupting the flow of the zones. They wouldnt be for everyone, but would offer the challenge you are talking about.

To work, they would also need to offer enticing (possibly unique) rewards to encourage participation and make them worthy of time that would otherwise be spent in dungeons.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yamiino.1827

Yamiino.1827

Just by the title, this ain’t wow and should never be wow-like… stop asking GW2 to be like WoW, you already got the gear grind you wanted, stop it there already…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

Why not they have done everything else to look like the competition now. Everything is fair game.
Mounts,gear checks,trinity,duelling,loot rolling.
Nothing is sacred and since they are just another clone they better get to making it good otherwise they will leave then what?

I agree OP Raids are now a must- Make fractals like commander (16spots) and scale upwards for people and enemies. Dont froget to gate it as well.
Make sure loot is UBER and only gotten there and that they are the only way to get best in slot.
Need to keep people playing and grinding.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

Vektor has a really bad sense of punctuation, and therefore I tend to stop reading after the first 3 run on sentences.

Again I state this for the record.

Definition of raid in MMO
A dungeon that rewards you with great loot and challenges as the difficulty tier goes up

World of Warcraft has done this in this way
Looking for kitten /strong> it presents a slightly more challenge than Heroic or normal dungeons. In turn you are rewarded with Game currency to allow you to purchase more gear to start doing the next tier of the dungeon

Normal Raids (10 man and 25 man ) Yields a slight more difficulty curve than the LFR version and drops better loot with higher stats, also the money ( gold ) gained in such version is more than the previous.

Heroic Raids Yields a slight difficulty scale increase with different mechanics than the previous to fights. Mobs hit harder and bosses require more attention to detail. This tier also provides the highest reward return in Gear and loot and money.

(this is all in theory as WoW raids have all been easy since Lich King)

This is how raids are defined, they are not defined by the amount of people that must be present to participate to complete the “Dungeon” rather how the Dungeon mechanic works.

Fractals of the Mist
Starts out at a low easy difficulty, the difficulty is slightly higher than normal dungeons and on par with Exploratory modes. The Gear and loot are a better chance to gain rare materials and gear than in Exploratory. Unlike in Exploratory mode there is no Res Zergging adding to the difficulty.

As you complete the dungeon you are moved to a new tier of difficulty, eventually the Bosses start doing different mechanics that require the players to react or die. As the Tier is increased Gear and loot get progressively better till a certain point where you need X gear to move on.

This is by all definition a raid.

Have a nice day.

(edited by Kaimick.5109)

in Suggestions

Posted by: hexadecimalwtf.4203

hexadecimalwtf.4203

If content was added for larger groups of people (“raids”), it does not automatically require a shift to the trinity. They could simply be dungeons designed for more players.
If “raids” were to be added i would like to see the rewards steer clear of the vertical progression but instead give rewards to guilds as a whole. Such as earning a guild hall, more upgrades, bonuses, or special looking armor for the guild. This would give a purpose to guilds and gives room future content updates.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yamiino.1827

Yamiino.1827

What about we get a cash shop item that has a chance to drop legendaries? that’d be awesome too I bet, so people with money can get it first right? it’s fair, money > time and dedication, yep.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Steven.9803

Steven.9803

We already have a trinity: Damage, Control, Support. But I think the idea of raids is sourly missed, and frankly seeing as how many people are there when dragons spawn, i don’t think it would be game breaking at all. If anything, it would give more content to level 80’s that’s specifically design for Them.

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

Why do people automatically assume a raid has to be with X amount of people…. oh that is right because that is how MMO’s of the past have delegated it. I guess changing how MMO’s are looked at is not something that Arenea Net is trying to do.

in Suggestions

Posted by: HERO.2057

HERO.2057

I aggree we need raids.

There is no skill in PvE, no learning curve, this is the most boring PvE ever.

Electronic Empire [eE]
———
Commander of Blacktide

in Suggestions

TheDaiBish.9735

I aggree we need raids.

So….why are Raids needed?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

I aggree we need raids.

There are a few options for you here.

1.) Go and PvP or WvWvW
2.) Uninstall and go to one of the other Countless MMO’s out there. I am sure one will hold your interest.

No one is forcing you to stay

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

And it’s getting officially worse. Not only did we see requests for gearscore, dps meters, higher tier armors above infused….

but now people are ACTUALLY trying to turn this game into a wow-centric 2004 title. Really? really?

This is what adding a second tier of armor with higher stats that’s only available in dungeons does to a game Anet. I hope you are paying attention.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

• gearscore, dps meters

These are things that WoW has designed in players, we call it the Elitist Mentality. Thank god Guild Wars 2 has a small player base like this. So far in the game the worse I have seen from the Elitist has been, " GLF AC all paths Only 80’s in Exioc".

That annoys me more than anything but I can deal with it, cause those players generally sit there for an hour being Elitist trying to find a group for a “Speed Run” when mixed groups of 35’s – 80’s are out and done with it by the time they are going in.

in Suggestions

Child Of The Aesir.8762

You need to try and cater to your hardcore crowd as well as your casual.

Guild Wars 2 has successfully made the game near soloable. This makes the casuals happy. (yes my highest character is a 50.)

But this mentality alienates the hardcore gamer. You need to make them happy as well.

I think the best bet is to make activities for guilds. Some for creating a bond with the new found community. And some unlocked giving the guild a raid type event.

This event can be more a crafted story involving the guild as a whole. Or whomever decided to show. This would not break the lore of the game. Or involve the main lore or story.

This way you do not alienate your casuals from being able to appreciate the lore and main story.

And rewards could be titles. Statues in major cities. With the guild name and all toons that participated. Even adding other collectibles such as mounts. (yes you can port wherever, but it would add something.)

Don’t need a gear check, don’t need to add gear progression, and don’t need dps meters or a holy trinity. Just add bigger events for guilds to earn and complete.

Something I miss from the original is the guild halls. It is something personalized. A place to hang with guild mates. And could be used for activities and the main hub to implement a raid type event for a guild.

in Suggestions

Nox Aeterna.2965

Some of us came to GW2 specifically to get away from the raids and gear grind mechanics of other MMOs.

ANet have already capitulated to a small vocal elite on gear grind by introducing Ascended-tier gear. Now those same whiners want raids as well. Keep raids out of GW2.

This is pretty much sums a lot to me.

When will people stop to try to make every single MMO the same?

The reason WoW is so greatly played to today is in GREAT part to this. People simple dont understand … it amazes me.

WoW is a game where many player got history on , they got friends and they got guilds. The reason they try new game is EXACTLY because they are different.

But then people begin to ask for them to make it the same … when that happens , player go back to the place where they already got a community formed, after all if it is the same? Why not stay with your friends?

Like i said on the other post , Raids in this game , WONT be to the hardcore. I wish they could see this before it is too late.

Even if raids are added , do you think they will be hard? Do you think they will be meant for some to complete?

No they wont.

Just like now you ask for them to be implemented , the next wave will ask for them to be easier and easier. And it amazes me again , that people cant realise that , the moment Anet agree to this , is the moment they also agreed to the crowed that followed.

All content Anet added till now , lets be honest , is not really hard. It is just time consuming. That will be same with raids. They will consume the time now of more players , but hard? hardcore? No , that wont happen in GW2.

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

You need to try and cater to your hardcore crowd as well as your casual.

Guild Wars 2 has successfully made the game near soloable. This makes the casuals happy. (yes my highest character is a 50.)

But this mentality alienates the hardcore gamer. You need to make them happy as well.

I think the best bet is to make activities for guilds. Some for creating a bond with the new found community. And some unlocked giving the guild a raid type event.

This event can be more a crafted story involving the guild as a whole. Or whomever decided to show. This would not break the lore of the game. Or involve the main lore or story.

This way you do not alienate your casuals from being able to appreciate the lore and main story.

And rewards could be titles. Statues in major cities. With the guild name and all toons that participated. Even adding other collectibles such as mounts. (yes you can port wherever, but it would add something.)

Don’t need a gear check, don’t need to add gear progression, and don’t need dps meters or a holy trinity. Just add bigger events for guilds to earn and complete.

Something I miss from the original is the guild halls. It is something personalized. A place to hang with guild mates. And could be used for activities and the main hub to implement a raid type event for a guild.

I am not trying to troll you but look at what you said,
We need to implement raids for the hardcore
Plenty of my guild and I are pretty hardcore, we do Large scale DE, Jumping puzzles WvWvW, and FoTM ( which for all intensive definition is a raid )

“Guild Wars 2 has successfully made the game near soloable. This makes the casuals happy. (yes my highest character is a 50.) "

yes you can solo level, but it is encourage to team up, as I did many times with people I didn’t even know and made friends this way. Then you try and say that it is a casual game and yet your highest toon is level 50. Have you not done any dungeons? You can’t solo those like in GW1.

You and many people like you want Raids that have been defined by WoW and Everquest, yet your all to blind to see that Arena Net has done this such thing just not as you are use to.

If Raiding was so important to you and you(as implied by your statement ) are so hardcore you need raids ( which is amusing since your only level 50 and the game has been out for 2 months ) then, by your definition, why are you playing GW2? Why are you not playing WoW for the raids still? If you are still playing WoW for he raids, then why are you trying to make GW2 have raids like WoW? Is it because Raids are a joke in Warcraft?

I mean I respect your opinion and your right to suggest something, I really do, but why would you purchase a game franchise that is notorious for not having “Raids”, then come on and say it needs raids? That is like buying a car that only comes in the color red and complaining cause they didn’t do a blue color.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nexxio.7369

Nexxio.7369

Adding a little raid (10 ppl max) is not a bad idea, me my guild and the alliance (4 guilds so its quite a lot of people) we are a part of, would be very happy to go there and do something more challenging. Right now all we got is 2 hours max in and out (maybe except fractals). Furthermore you ever been in a dungeon with random players ? This is just tragic, lets take AC or even Arah, most of ppl just run thru them and stop only to kill boss (if its necessary, if not they will keep going).
For the Tank, Healer and DPS part, this is would be too much.
In conclusion, if you dont like raids, dont go in it.

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

Adding a little raid (10 ppl max) is not a bad idea, me my guild and the alliance (4 guilds so its quite a lot of people) we are a part of, would be very happy to go there and do something more challenging. Right now all we got is 2 hours max in and out (maybe except fractals). Furthermore you ever been in a dungeon with random players ? This is just tragic, lets take AC or even Arah, most of ppl just run thru them and stop only to kill boss (if its necessary, if not they will keep going).
For the Tank, Healer and DPS part, this is would be too much.
In conclusion, if you dont like raids, dont go in it.

What is your definition of a raid?

in Suggestions

Nexxio.7369

Place like dungeon, but for more ppl.
Was something wrong professor, maybe you will give me a link to wiki ?
Definition…jesus…

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

You seem like you are put off by me asking a simple question.
yet the core of what a raid is based off of you never mentioned.
Even in history raids have been consisted of 1 to millions of people, so the very number equation you threw out is a simple over lay factor from playing EQ and WoW.

A dungeon that rewards you with great loot and challenges as the difficulty tier goes up, this is what differs from your normal dungeons that stay the same difficulty no matter what to what Raids do.

Yet I find it humorous that there is not one person that can’t see they have ( for all intensive purposes ) but a multitude that are blind, cause the have a raid right in front of their faces and yet choose to ignore it on behalf that 39 of your friends can’t join in.

So you don’t have to scroll up I will re paste my previous statement.

World of Warcraft has done this in this way
Looking for kitten /strong> it presents a slightly more challenge than Heroic or normal dungeons. In turn you are rewarded with Game currency to allow you to purchase more gear to start doing the next tier of the dungeon
Normal Raids (10 man and 25 man ) Yields a slight more difficulty curve than the LFR version and drops better loot with higher stats, also the money ( gold ) gained in such version is more than the previous.
Heroic Raids Yields a slight difficulty scale increase with different mechanics than the previous to fights. Mobs hit harder and bosses require more attention to detail. This tier also provides the highest reward return in Gear and loot and money.
(this is all in theory as WoW raids have all been easy since Lich King)
This is how raids are defined, they are not defined by the amount of people that must be present to participate to complete the “Dungeon” rather how the Dungeon mechanic works.
Fractals of the Mist
Starts out at a low easy difficulty, the difficulty is slightly higher than normal dungeons and on par with Exploratory modes. The Gear and loot are a better chance to gain rare materials and gear than in Exploratory. Unlike in Exploratory mode there is no Res Zergging adding to the difficulty.
As you complete the dungeon you are moved to a new tier of difficulty, eventually the Bosses start doing different mechanics that require the players to react or die. As the Tier is increased Gear and loot get progressively better till a certain point where you need X gear to move on.
This is by all definition a raid.

Enjoy have a nice day

(edited by Kaimick.5109)

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

this isn’t wow, stop asking such no sense things, if you want to spend 5 hours of your life inside a raid of 20/40 peoples just go play wow, rift, swtor

you’re right. This isn’t World Of Warcraft. This is Areanet. Stop posting this, thinking that AreaNet would follow the same trend other MMOs followed. I would like a raid instance, seeing as how AreaNet has made dungeons very unique and team related. I’m sick of people relating this game to WoW. THIS ISN’T BLIZZARD. Raid’s don’t have to offer some new gear treadmill. Just as a guild group event for skins or tokens, to test our cooperation as a large scale group outside of WvW.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

(edited by NinjaEd.3946)

in Suggestions

Nexxio.7369

Come on… all i want is to go to a dungeon with a little bigger group of my friends, more ppl = more fun, i dont care about scaling (normal, heroic), nobody wants a guaranteed exotics at the end. Im just talking about something real big not some fractal to fractal journey with the food buffs buged. Is this so much…

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

Now see Nexxio I can respect that. EVERYONE HERE NEEDS to follow in Nexxio foot steps. He doesn’t wan a raid he just wants to play with his friends, he doesn’t care about loot, he doesn’t care about scaling difficulty he just wants to play with His Friends

Thank you Nexxio for being honest

They have what they call Dynamic events, Orr, hell the shout shores now, go hunter the Champions and Vets there. That right there is one hell of a Open non dungeon raid, you don’t need to be in a group. The game automatically groups you or make squads.

I am sure it could be done so you could enjoy your self the way you want to. I respect that hopefully some of the suggestions I made for you and your guildies works.

in Suggestions

Nexxio.7369

Thank you, but i know about Dynamic Events im playing this game since the begining and this is not what im talking about. Have you been on any event recently ? Lets take Cursed Shore, ppl would be happy if they could kill each other over there because there is no way to do any damage to mob, they die to fast. Champions – ofc they will live a little longer, but for 1 champion (for example Arah gate champ) you got 40 or more ppl and this is just too many (lags, dc’s etc.). Thats why im takling about DUNGEONS, its organized space, 10 ppl max, and hopefully some story in it.

in Suggestions

Child Of The Aesir.8762

I am responding to Kaimick. Yes I am only lvl 50 as a max character. I have made and deleted several toons trying all types of characters to see what everything did.

I am also kinda bored with the game. The later zones seem like an after thought. Almost no story. And if there is one it is already kind of dull at this point.

I had a blast and still do with my toons through the 1-30 zones. At the lvl 50 areas it looks bland, dull, a grind, a chore.

I miss the feeling I got and still get with my early lvl toons. Up to lvl 30 the world seems fleshed out. I have thrown suggestions out asking for the later zones to be more story driven. More interesting.

I believe this game has great potential. But if I am already bored with the 50 zones and heard that it does not get any better on the road to 80. Yes I am going to stop playing the game.

I have read on sites such as Kotaku as well as these very forums that I am not the only one that feels this way about the game. And it is a shame.

The end result I see is that many more people will lose interest in this game and go back to or jump on any mmo out there. With the same stale holy trinity and no help from strangers game play.

The devs did a remarkable job with the look, animation, and personal story missions. In my opinion they failed at keeping a lively world with personality that draws you in.

I am just throwing out suggestions that maybe a dev might look at and go “Hmm we are losing customers.”

My friends and I have no real interest in this game anymore. It’s lacking something. And that is a terrible shame considering that it only took them about a month to grow tired of it. (yes they have 80s.) And this was after playing multiple beta weekends as well as stress tests of the game prior to launch.

in Suggestions

vektor.7058

Come on… all i want is to go to a dungeon with a little bigger group of my friends, more ppl = more fun, i dont care about scaling (normal, heroic), nobody wants a guaranteed exotics at the end. Im just talking about something real big not some fractal to fractal journey with the food buffs buged. Is this so much…

See this is what raiding is all about enjoying yourself with a group of friends

in Suggestions

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

We need something, anything, something to put the excitment back in PVE.

It’s all got pretty boring pretty fast, if they want to keep players playing then give us something to make the adrenilin flow.

Even the Lost Shores thing was a “press 1 sidestep” event, more like a ballroom dance,

We need more content, something to do, something to regenerate the lower areas because they are all dead.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.