No geartreadmill, no WoWars2

in Suggestions

Posted by: aaron.4317

aaron.4317

its not too late. remove the stat buffs from infusions, and lower ascended gear to exotic utility.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Skelestus.5491

Skelestus.5491

I were just about to suggest this myself.

When I heard about ascended gear you can’t believe how mad I got. I have spent around 100-150g and a huge amount of transmutation stones on exotic gear. I want to be able to have multiple different armor sets to fit different purposes, like WvW, dungeons and farming. If ArenaNet starts to add more and more different gear levels to the game it will be impossible to keep them up to date and I will propably never be able to get any legendaries either. Ascended gear was already like a kick in the balls(actually worse, I’d rather take that kick).

This also makes me think have they changed the direction they are developing this game to. I mean, what if we get a new expansion and it has more levels… all current gear would become useless. Before this update was announced I didn’t even think it about it, I trusted them completely, and although some people may have been against it, I also liked the way they tried to prevent dungeon farming(=grind).

I’m just wondering do you guys at ArenaNet even understand that by adding more and more grind to the game you are destroying one of your selling points? Legendary weapons are still fine because they do not have any higher stats than exotic gear. In other words getting them is not mandatory, unlike ascended gear. I know there are many casual players who do not have even a full set of exotics yet, imagine how they must feel.

Ascended gear also makes all existing dungeons easier, so even if you are trying to please hardcore players by giving them new goals you are still pissing them off by making the game easier. I’m not sure will everyone realise this though, but at least it’s the way I see it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: lynx.6302

lynx.6302

i’m getting really sick of all the people shouting that gw2 will turn into wow, it simply won’t.
i like the idea of better gear, it’s another goal for me in the game to get it. dungeons work fine with exotics so there will be enough people that don’t mind at all that you’re not in full ascended.
WvW ofcourse you will have little higher stats then your enemy. but it really is more about the player then the stats when there is such a small diffirence, and it doesnt really matter if you have stronger gear then the rest when there is a zerg of 50 players coming at you.

all the whining and jabbering on and on about how this will ruin the game is uncalled for, just see it as your next goal in the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

i’m getting really sick of all the people shouting that gw2 will turn into wow, it simply won’t.
i like the idea of better gear, it’s another goal for me in the game to get it. dungeons work fine with exotics so there will be enough people that don’t mind at all that you’re not in full ascended.
WvW ofcourse you will have little higher stats then your enemy. but it really is more about the player then the stats when there is such a small diffirence, and it doesnt really matter if you have stronger gear then the rest when there is a zerg of 50 players coming at you.

all the whining and jabbering on and on about how this will ruin the game is uncalled for, just see it as your next goal in the game.

You are correct, it will never be as good a gear grind as WoW is sadly, simply due to less funding. Really regrettable since ANet just squandered the rest of their playerbase.

Small difference? Have you even seen the new items, it will be at the very least 100 stat points minimum.

Won’t become WoW? It is scheduled to take more grinding than WoW to achieve this set. 5 tokens per run, 15-30 mins per run, 500 tokens per item roughly = 25 hours minimum per item.

in Suggestions

Posted by: autopsia.2068

autopsia.2068

" I know there are many casual players who do not have even a full set of exotics yet, imagine how they must feel."-Skelestus

Exactly how should they feel? You seem to sound like it actually affects your status in real life? The way you put it was actually quite disturbing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

" I know there are many casual players who do not have even a full set of exotics yet, imagine how they must feel."-Skelestus

Exactly how should they feel? You seem to sound like it actually affects your status in real life? The way you put it was actually quite disturbing.

Actually i dont see how that sound about anything real life related, still wondering how you made the jump.

Players in general feel bad they are inferior to other mate , because humans feel bad when they are inferiors to others. (they can also get mad and in denial , which will happen : “You only won cause you had you X gear!”)

Personally , i dont care as long as Anet add many ways to get the gear. I dont want to be forced to do the dungeon to get the max stats gear. And im not the kind of player who will let others get better stats gear than what i have either. Which means i would quit over this matter without a doubt.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Suggestions

Posted by: thetreebranch.4831

thetreebranch.4831

There is absolutely nothing fun about grinding for more hours to get some extra stats, especially when we were told numerous times that getting max stat gear would be easy/quick. There are plenty of goals they could add to the game that don’t involve adding stats to items. They could have easily made Ascension a lower tier Legendary. Still have exotic level stats, but better skins. In my opinion, they should have just moved the named exotics to this tier, and worked things from that perspective.

in Suggestions

Posted by: lynx.6302

lynx.6302

this is a pretty late answer, but i’ll still give it.

if people don’t like the new gear/stats, then just don’t get it? exotic will still be just fine.
but it won’t be fair?? where won’t it be fair? WvW?, i have a lvl 42 charr warrior and ive defeated some lvl 80’s today in 1 vs 1 fights in WvW.
i know people that still use yellows or even greens and still get invited in party to enter dungeons so what is the big deal?

stop over reacting, stop with telling people that you will leave the game!, the thing that annoyed me most is people saying that the game is changing to wow.
wich is ridiculous.

goodbye

in Suggestions

Posted by: jamasont.4653

jamasont.4653

its not too late. remove the stat buffs from infusions, and lower ascended gear to exotic utility.

Sadly it is too late. Sorry but me and my friends all came to this game FOR the fact that it was anti gear treadmill/grind. No way in hell will I do that again. Everquest then WoW both sucked because of this. But hey, obviously there are plenty of people out there that are happy to have their lives revolve around and be based upon an MMO.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

this is a pretty late answer, but i’ll still give it.

if people don’t like the new gear/stats, then just don’t get it? exotic will still be just fine.
but it won’t be fair??

Thing is, because by raising the maximum stats, they have effectively nerfed everyone who doesn’t grind FOTM for the new max stats. And promised to nerf non-grinders further in the future as they introduce new Ascended gear.