No more convert to pvp or pve!

in Suggestions

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

Who’s with me? No more choosing between pve or pvp skins. why put an unnecessary divide between pve and pvp? stop making it where skins we get we double click and have to choose between the two sets. give us 1 skin reward or exchange for tickets or purchased from the gem store for both pve and pvp versions simultaneously. this is ridiculous. i haven’t even used the one ticket I got for jade weapons because I don’t want to choose. I play both pvp and pve. there is no reason I need to choose between the two for the gear I acquire through grind or time. no idea why this hasn’t been changed already, or been this way from the outset.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

my problem with PvP is that ther eis no gear progression and you cant show up your gear as a way of “skills” or “time spent”. Nobody even cares about gear there, there is nothing to brag about, and nothing that can tell you you are “progressing”. On top of that you have to decide if your wings are PvE or PvP. PvE where most of the action happens, or PvP where people go to test the different builds since doing it on the actual PvE is near impossible due to money and time gated issues, also fastest way for the daily.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in Suggestions

Posted by: Harbard.5738

Harbard.5738

Agreed. 15 char lalala

Give me game. Not grind, not gating, not RNG, not +stat junk, not checklists.

in Suggestions

blakkrskyrr.7413

that does not reduce the validity of my complaint. I, and many others, do not just PvE and then do PvP to test out builds. I have 3 80s and 2 50s, and I play both forms of the game on and off. I do not want to have to be limited in my selections for gear in PvP outside of the rank progression. Yes, the gear does not ultimately matter because the stats available for a player is equal regardless of the aesthetics. However, I have t3 cultural for those 5 characters in PvE, and I am gradually getting up in rank for PvP. But, what I get through the events and completing achievements should not be so freaking limiting. I want skins for my characters for both pvp and pve. I do not care about what is already a part of the ranking system for pvp, but this needs to change. I won’t be using any new skins unless it does.

in Suggestions

blakkrskyrr.7413

Harbard, what’s 15 char?

in Suggestions

blakkrskyrr.7413

seriously, I’ve opened over 2000 coffers and I have 5 tickets. I’d like to be able to have 5 dragon weapons for pve and 5 for pvp. Thanks Anet

in Suggestions

Posted by: Torqueblue.1945

Torqueblue.1945

Harbard, what’s 15 char?

Well you asked him not me but Imma tell ya anyway.

When you make a post You have to have the minimum amount of 15 characters(Letters) before you can post. I believe that’s what it is.

Scotch and Pills, what could possibly go wrong? – Max Payne

in Suggestions

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

I agree, you want pve stuff do pve, you want pvp stuff do pvp.

They did that with the fused gauntlets, but everything after that seems to have been like pve or pvp.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

my problem with PvP is that ther eis no gear progression and you cant show up your gear as a way of “skills” or “time spent”. Nobody even cares about gear there, there is nothing to brag about, and nothing that can tell you you are “progressing”. On top of that you have to decide if your wings are PvE or PvP. PvE where most of the action happens, or PvP where people go to test the different builds since doing it on the actual PvE is near impossible due to money and time gated issues, also fastest way for the daily.

Rank and Titles, if you’re talking about gear in terms of appearance progression then yeah, that kinda doesn’t exist since you can get all the dungeon gear in PvP with tourney tokens and other stuff.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

This is because if there was gear progression in PvP, it wouldn’t be a sign of “skills”, it would be a sign only of “time spent”.

But the more extended problem with be that the gear you progress to would BECOME your “skills”. “I pwn noobs cause they suck and I’m awesome!”. No, they pwn noobs because they have 30% more overall stats than the noob does. In fact, they’ve probably become so reliant on those stats that they suck more now at PvP than they did when they first started.

I 100% support GW2 having a stat plateau in sPvP. I would never sPvP again if they changed that.

That said, a cosmetic gear system would be fine by me. Let the best PvPers… or at least the ones who have stuck with it the longest, have the best looks.

in Suggestions

blakkrskyrr.7413

It’s not about a cosmetic gear progression for pvp. That is already in the game. Certain gear, particularly cultural gear, require you to be higher than rank 80 i believe. So gear progression in respects to ranks and cosmetics or sets achieved therein already exists. the thread is about how those who do pvp and pve to some extent, or those who are doing purely pvp and see a new skin from pve and go work to get it, such as the jade weapons, may end up enjoying pve and then need to decide on the skin for pvp or pve. I say, change it so that the skins attained through completing achievements or acts in events should not be a choice between pvp and pve, and that for the 1 ticket you have, you get your weapon skin and you automatically get it in your pvp locker and in your pve inventory. whereas the skins attained through gems should still require you to decide between a pvp version or a pve version.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

Rank and Titles, if you’re talking about gear in terms of appearance progression then yeah, that kinda doesn’t exist since you can get all the dungeon gear in PvP with tourney tokens and other stuff.

This is true, and the genre of gears you can get in PvP is pretty limited unless you can grind all the long way to rank 20 or above.
The progression/effort-spent ratio is, at the moment, not reasonable in PvP.

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

in Suggestions

blakkrskyrr.7413

This is true, and the genre of gears you can get in PvP is pretty limited unless you can grind all the long way to rank 20 or above.
The progression/effort-spent ratio is, at the moment, not reasonable in PvP.

no i dont think it’s reasonable either. But it is attainable without having to grind. I would spend maybe a couple hours every other day playing, do some tournaments with the mates, and do some sPvP. overall over a months time of doing that, I reached rank 29. Once Dragon Bash released, I went back into PvE. I have 5 characters and t3 cultural on all 5, and I have spent a lot of time in PvE. The only thing I found to be a grind was when I wakittenting almost every meta event on 3 of those characters everyday for 2 weeks. was too much time, too annoying, and in the end I just said screw it, I have cool enough weapon skins and I dont need a legendary. But as the post indicates, I want to have my jade and molten weapons, the back items, and any skins that release in the future, aside from gem store acquired items, be pvp set and pve set for each skin, and to not continue limiting us in those respects for gear and customization for pvp and pve. Maybe the rank points need adjusting, but as for me in those regards, I am fine with how they are. I’m in no hurry.