No respawning in the Dungeon rez-rush

in Suggestions

Posted by: ONSLAUGHT.5491

ONSLAUGHT.5491

Hello all GW2 Players,
I just want to say I’ve been playing the game for about a solid month now.
I have been doing dungeons and have pretty much explored the majory of the
content in the game.
I think that it Is kind of stupid to have a No respawn in dungeons especially considering someone gets downed every 5 seconds during a boss battle and just might happen to get killed, yes I understand the concept of “teamwork” but at the same time it gets a little out of hand when one person is alive running around by themselves trying to kill the boss or res other players. I think that it would be a whole lot better if there was a respawn Timer instead of No respawning at all, its almost discouraging to not have respawns especially when your laying dead waiting for the boss to die, and then it finally dies and you don’t get any loot because the body is gone.
so like I said a timer would still incorporate team work but also keep the difficulty up because if your team happens to get slaughtered and cant make it back for some reason you have to re do it, so a 10 or 15 second timer would be better then not being able to respawn at all. just saying
thanks

(edited by ONSLAUGHT.5491)

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

You seem to be misunderstanding.

If someone is going down every 5 seconds, you’re doing it wrong.

The teamwork is to help stop people going into Downed state to begin with, or to give them enough time to recover to remove DP.

There’s nothing wrong with failing, as long as you learn something from it.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

While I do agree with Anet’s decision to remove WP if in combat, I do agree with the one point you made about getting no loot because you died. If you die at the end of a boss fight, you should still get credit for killing it…. Kinda a no brain-er

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

in Suggestions

ONSLAUGHT.5491

Well put yourself in this situation , you join a party with random people ( like most do)
and all those people dont know what the hell is going on, and they are getting down a lot . Then what? team work? how if your team is dead and it takes forever to revive them when you and the boss are fighting each other.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Well put yourself in this situation , you join a party with random people ( like most do)
and all those people dont know what the hell is going on, and they are getting down a lot . Then what? team work? how if your team is dead and it takes forever to revive them when you and the boss are fighting each other.

Don’t play dungeons with strangers. If you have to, don’t play them with baddies. You can spot them pretty early on and stop wasting your time.

One – Piken Square

in Suggestions

ONSLAUGHT.5491

I understand the whole not playing with people who suck, but at the same time I thought this game was about “team work” and “playing together” lol..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I understand the whole not playing with people who suck, but at the same time I thought this game was about “team work” and “playing together” lol..

You can also play together with people who actually have brains.

One – Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I dislike a mechanism that punishes the players who do stay alive. If you are alive and cannot rez the ones who are down and cannot take the mob down by yourself then you have to suicide to continue. If the system only punished the ones who died, then great. It punishes the ones alive more in my opinion. It grates on my nerves to have to suicide so the group can all rez.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

You can also play together with people who actually have brains.

Not everyone is part of a large guild and has access to those

My guild used to have 20 people, now it’s just 4 friends.

Don’t want to join another guild because these are my friends in real life, so we’re either 2/3/4 manning the dungeon or going in PUGs (which often suck).

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Sorry no, all this is saying to me is, “I constantly play with people who don’t know what they’re doing and who are apparently incapable of learning. Also that I am unwilling to try and help them both in the fight and out of the fight to maybe get them more compitent during the fight.”

This is actually a good thing. It will inspire people to be better in dungeons. You don’t need a guild, you just need a brain and the ability to learn from mistakes. Knowing how to play your class is also encouraged.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

If your party gets downed that often, you should wiki the dungeon or ask people for hints. Dungeon’s are teamwork, you don’t have that expect to die a lot. Rez rushing was removed for multiple reasons: these dungeon encounter’s weren’t teamwork based as much as throwing your body into a pit of death, they didn’t promote healthy gameplay (you have to die to progress?) and it wasn’t intended. You can still spawn at wp, AFTER your team exits combat. IF they want to go ahead and kill the boss without you then get angry with the teamates, but the removal of rez rushing was great (plus they adjusted several dungeons so there wouldn’t be a need for rez rushing.) You will on occasion come across a stray kitten who seems lost the entire time. That is life (in an MMO), but I highly doubt you come across a full party of them on a regular basis. I run with randoms constantly and rarely come across these kittens.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

(edited by NinjaEd.3946)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

Gotta love this, you doing it wrong, don’t PuG elitism. While back in the days of yore, we heard stuff about ‘playing your way’. Course, now it’s play it the way we say.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

If your party gets downed that often, you should wiki the dungeon or ask people for hints. Dungeon’s are teamwork, you don’t have that expect to die a lot. Rez rushing was removed for multiple reasons: these dungeon encounter’s weren’t teamwork based as much as throwing your body into a pit of death, they didn’t promote healthy gameplay (you have to die to progress?) and it wasn’t intended. You can still spawn at wp, AFTER your team exits combat. IF they want to go ahead and kill the boss without you then get angry with the teamates, but the removal of rez rushing was great (plus they adjusted several dungeons so there wouldn’t be a need for rez rushing.) You will on occasion come across a stray kitten who seems lost the entire time. That is life (in an MMO), but I highly doubt you come across a full party of them on a regular basis. I run with randoms constantly and rarely come across these kittens.

I agree with the first half of your post about teamwork and die to progress but you seriously can’t believe it is in the best interests of the players to stop killing a boss at 5% and let it reset just to res a single player so that they can get loot. If the loot did not suck enormously I would understand it but the effort of killing the boss far outweighs a crappy blue item and some silver. If someone drops in the last 30 secs of a boss from a bad dodge or whatever and they did not drop at all during the fight then is it really fair for them to miss out on their loot? It is definitely a bug.

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doomguard.5094

Doomguard.5094

This no-rez-rushing thing has been the absolute BEST change they have done so far. If this was in the game from the start, then people would have already learned how to play in teams and we would have more experienced people in dungeons already instead of these brainless rushers who let everyone die. The earlier system allowed brainless people to go in and go out without really learning anything or paying attention to their team mates at all. This will soon change.

You mention that its impossible for the last man standing to both kill and revive all 4 members of the team at the same time, and THAT exactly is the point of this. If you found yourself in that situation then you already failed the fight and should restart. The point of teamwork is to actually play as a team, leaving your party to die just because they can rez is NOT team play in any way.

Dungeons were designed to be team based experiences, this update only enforces that. In time, because of this change, people will learn to quickly rez others and then there won’t be any more fuss about this.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

This no-rez-rushing thing has been the absolute BEST change they have done so far. If this was in the game from the start, then people would have already learned how to play in teams and we would have more experienced people in dungeons already instead of these brainless rushers who let everyone die. The earlier system allowed brainless people to go in and go out without really learning anything or paying attention to their team mates at all. This will soon change.

You mention that its impossible for the last man standing to both kill and revive all 4 members of the team at the same time, and THAT exactly is the point of this. If you found yourself in that situation then you already failed the fight and should restart. The point of teamwork is to actually play as a team, leaving your party to die just because they can rez is NOT team play in any way.

Dungeons were designed to be team based experiences, this update only enforces that. In time, because of this change, people will learn to quickly rez others and then there won’t be any more fuss about this.

I agree and I’m someone who doesn’t do dungeons because at the moment the reward doesn’t match the time I put into it and I currently don’t have the friends or the guild to do anything but PuG and hope for the best. So I’m the player that’s hurt by this decision in that it slows down runs (because typical PuG members aren’t going to want to suicide themselves).

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I agree with the first half of your post about teamwork and die to progress but you seriously can’t believe it is in the best interests of the players to stop killing a boss at 5% and let it reset just to res a single player so that they can get loot. If the loot did not suck enormously I would understand it but the effort of killing the boss far outweighs a crappy blue item and some silver. If someone drops in the last 30 secs of a boss from a bad dodge or whatever and they did not drop at all during the fight then is it really fair for them to miss out on their loot? It is definitely a bug.

I should of clairfied my stance on the loot part, yes I think that is an issue. If you die, you should still get loot when you are back up. I’m shocked this is a problem though, since I have done world events like the Dragons before. After participating for a long time, and even after I D/C right before the dragon died, I logged back in and collected my chest.

Maybe chests are different than loot but in any case the two should behave the same when someone dies/disconnects.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Gotta love this, you doing it wrong, don’t PuG elitism. While back in the days of yore, we heard stuff about ‘playing your way’. Course, now it’s play it the way we say.

Games have rules and regulations. “Play the way you want” within them rules. Not hard to understand.

Being able to cheese your way through fights (I.E die > res > die, rinse and repeat until boss is dead and collect your rewards) if you have one competent team-member is stupid design. It also cheapens the rewards.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rump Buffalo.2594

Rump Buffalo.2594

No its more like…

Play it your way but actually be capable of playing it your way instead of failing and dying in 3 seconds and then complaining how its too hard. God i remember at release people complaining about every dungeon in every which way about how OP and hard they were. Then there were some nerfs, minor ones at best, and people LEARNED AND STOPPED COMPLAINING.

Play it your way means your build is viable and I have yet to see a build that plain doesnt work in PvE. If you cannot stop yourself from dying or being downed repeatedly then you are not very good at what you have chosen to play. Too few people understand how to engage combat in this game and that they shouldnt just stand there attacking, SOMETIMES you have to back off or put a defensive ability on your bar, or god forbid communicate with your party. Simply because you chose it does not remove any measure of skill you might be required to have to execute your chosen path.

I could choose to be an astronaut but if I suck at it and don’t learn anything during my training (first few runs and PvE world experience) then I go into space and probably die…

In terms of dont pug… that is a silly suggestion for a lot of people but it isn’t really elitism since people arent excluding you from pugging but rather saying that if you want reliable players you shouldnt invite strangers who you’ve never met nor have you any idea how good they are since it is a hit or miss situation.

what I’m sick of is this “I deserve everything without trying” attitude where you want the bar lowered for everyone just so you dont have to try or learn to defeat content that was originally told to us to be challenging (spoiler alert its not).

If you REALLY want to talk about intentions of the game the statement that was told to us about explorable modes was

“They should require an organized and coordinated party to complete. These are hard modes for people looking to tackle a challenge and are intended for formed groups of skilled players rather than pick up groups” … now im paraphrasing a bit but that was said several times pre-release and during beta so at least get your story straight.

(edited by Rump Buffalo.2594)

in Suggestions

Posted by: pluzoid.2597

pluzoid.2597

I think that the AOE circles need to be more clear, as its hard to see in some boss fights, specially since you can see other people’s AOEs.
Most ppl die from AOEs which is usually due to them not noticing it or that they don’t use dodge. Dodge Is very important, as it gets you out of Aoes before they hit if you notice. Running s too slow, if pressing v or double tapping isn’t working for you assign the button to a key or mouse button that makes it eZ to use all the time.
I have dodge on side mouse button, not very keyboard friendly me…

in Suggestions

Posted by: kenshinakh.3672

kenshinakh.3672

Teach your PUGs how to do each encounter. I rarely meet inexperienced PUGs, but when I meet some, I teach them and they come out of the dungeon a little more experienced.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jayden.3085

Jayden.3085

Really, really not liking the new update where you can’t map travel while in combat. Please put it back the other way!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Combat has always disabled map travel via waypoints.

in Suggestions

Posted by: nalovas.5961

nalovas.5961

The rez rush cheapened gameplay and made dying and tough fights trivial. That said, everyone in party should get loot.

Feeble Old Man

in Suggestions

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

This is the best change for the game in its entirety. I’m glad that people I play dungeons with now actually have to stand on their own two feet and learn how to play properly without the crutch of simply coming back a minute later if they die.

This single change is actually forcing people to step up their game, and encouraging skill development.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Suggestions

Posted by: remis.6381

remis.6381

trol lol lol, combat of one persons yes but not from all party but it doesnt matter, i agree this change.
It’s very important and good change cause party is now more careful and more coordinated, its not just rushing to final boss, its more about tactics now. And leaving team mates of this is not an option. Experienced players should always share knowledge, to help newguys learn the ways yes somethimes they stuborn, i ussually just stop reviving such guys and stay aside so he learn more about fun part being down but its manageble, we all have been noobs
But there is bigger problem, why loot disappears? somethimes you do all best but die in the end and when you come to battle place there is no loot!!! this is not fair. Loot should not disappear!! I hope arena is looking into this issue, Jeffrey Vaughn?
Or atleast there should be some dmg\support\healing\blocking\other good stuff limit (which helps party to win batle) so you get right to loot

in Suggestions

Posted by: oneleggedpony.8531

oneleggedpony.8531

Dungeons are not hard if certain criteria are met;

1. people are open minded and realise that not everyone may have done every path of every dungeon.

2. some one, anyone in group asks the question, “has everyone done this or does anyone need help?”

3. people in the group all respond to the question above.

4. discussion, explanation and clarification take place before engaging in a fight. If everyone is on the same page? does everyone know what they are going to do?

Dungeons are group problem solving exercises. No one person can really do it by themselves. We need one another to complete a dungeon. Stating the obvious a bit but i’ve kicked a few people that were unwilling to be part of a group.

bottom line, the player – not the proffession or level or gear, is the main factor for success in dungeons.

Tl;DR

dungeons need people to work together and talk a bit to succeed. Killing way point ressing during combat helps cultivate discussions in groups by returning the risk to an encounter that requires groups to overcome, starting with a little communication.

XD

in Suggestions

Katz.5143

Not when you are dead. Other peoples combat didn’t stop you from waypointing did it? I don’t recall that being the case but maybe I’m wrong.

If you mean that when waypoints are “contested” they can’t be used, the ones in the dungeon don’t have a “x” on them indicating that they are contestable or are out of use because they are contested at that moment.

Personally, I don’t like the change. We had a person who accidently dodge rolled then died to a part of the airship we couldn’t reach in Arah. She had to stay there bored while four of us fought. If she hadn’t been out of reach we could of rezzed her. If she could have waypointed, she could have gotten back to having fun instead of snoozing from boredom.

I know you have good intentions, but yesterday I watched people have to lie there bored watching others fight and I had to suicide my toon more than once so everyone else could rez.

I hate mechanics that cause a group to say, “die already so we can play too.” I always hated raids that were like that. “Wipe so we can reset” is aggravating.

As for the “don’t play with people you don’t know” answer, does anyone here really think that the goal of ANET was to stop us from playing with people we don’t know?

Seriously, every dungeon group I got in yesterday, the first thing I asked was, does anyone know this dungeon fight? The answers were either, “no, first time here” or “I did it once long ago but don’t remember.” But they were all good players and we had a lot of fun.

(edited by Katz.5143)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

And what about the players who want to play for a challenge? Can we not play the way we want to play?

The vast majority of this game, and even dungeon paths, are casual friendly. There are few dungeon paths that require more than a pug group and 30 minutes.

The best thing you can do is to build a solid friend list filled with pug members that perform well. Invite these people to your future dungeon runs.

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

in Suggestions

Katz.5143

Sorry no, all this is saying to me is, “I constantly play with people who don’t know what they’re doing and who are apparently incapable of learning. Also that I am unwilling to try and help them both in the fight and out of the fight to maybe get them more compitent during the fight.”

This is actually a good thing. It will inspire people to be better in dungeons. You don’t need a guild, you just need a brain and the ability to learn from mistakes. Knowing how to play your class is also encouraged.

There are millions of people who play this game. I can, as an individual, get better but unless I have a group to always play with, I can’t make the other million people be better.

The gist of this change is, stop playing with pugs. That will make the game unfriendly for new players. Let’s face it, until you meet a lot of people, you play with pugs or you solo.

Those who say, its better cause it makes it a challenge, now people can’t rez rush. Can’t you play with a group that doesn’t rez rush? If your group was rez rushing, either you were also playing in a pug or you were choosing to play with a bad group.

Well, what is done is done. For everyone who hates the change you will find those who like it. I just wish they had found something less annoying to do to fix the problem.

(edited by Katz.5143)

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

It’s actually “Play the way you want [within the rules]”.
They don’t say what’s within the brackets in their talks, but that’s a given, since its a game, and all games have rules. Well, games ARE the rules.

This does not mean that you can customize the game to your tastes like some kind of highly moddable sanbox, but that you are not forced to do anything at all(no fees, no rush. Take your time), and there’s multiple choices to acquire most things.
Over time this will be more noticeable as things like more choices for dailies and more sources of ascended gear are added.

The rules of dungeons include being a party, and working together to stay alive and reach the end.
So if you want to be able to solo a Dungeon, or to death rush, though luck. Dungeons are not designed to work with that. And it won’t be “They don’t let me play the way want to”, it’ll be “I can’t adapt to the rules”.

Now, if dungeon difficulty is your problem, I can agree that not everyone can deal with dungeons the same, and that’ll mean they may miss storyline. So I’m all for difficulty settings of some sort. Now that you can enter at any difficulty in the fractals, that could be a good system to use for other dungeons.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Dying and rez-rushing isn’t ‘Playing your way’. It’s just sucking. Basically, the devs want you to ‘Suck their way’ which is rather an odd euphemism so perhaps just don’t suck at all instead >_>

in Suggestions

Posted by: Agent Ice.6578

Agent Ice.6578

I hate to see a “team based game” have so many angry comments such as “people with no brains”, “stupid/sucky people”, and other forms of slams to others that do not share the same opinion. I think the attitude spikes in the thread should indicate something to us. I would also ask anyone to consider the below thoughts with an open mind. I also apologize ahead of time for such along post.

1. You cannot FORCE people to get along or play as a team. I see several people play solo for 80%+ of what they do. Even an map event isn’t necessarily CO-OP. Everyone works independently except maybe the occasional revive.

2. This setup, whether it stops “zerg rush”, “spam respawn”, or whatever you may wish to call it, is not very helpful and shuts out people that do not have 2 hrs to lay on the ground for one run. The ever growing trend of “casual gamers” will definitely not buy into this ideology.

3. Hard on people learning the game. Some people love dungeons on a MMO. That’s what they want to do. The only way to get better is practice and hopefully have a good teacher (another experienced player or guide book.) This makes me want to not play with these guys, leave them to the wolves and quite possibly have them quit shortly after. (This is team work or Co-Op?)

4. Everyone pays a repair cost for armor and there is a “death penalty.” You respawn with less HP when you go down. The payout can be good as far as money/exp. Honestly it isn’t tremendous though." So many weigh dungeoning not worth it anymore. (Cool less parties.)

5. Difficulty is a factor. Yes some people claim to have an easy time in dungeons and never die. Yes I feel the same when I dungeon party with a bunch of other level 80s with good gear and max traits that are experienced at doing that particular dungeon/run. However, for the alts, newbs, and anything else in between that might not be on par, I will say that it is hard to res anyone in a dungeon when they are completely down. Swarm enemies, nuke moves, lack of cover/defensive skills can really make it tough. Also every time you rally someone they again spawn with less HP each time.)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Agent Ice.6578

Agent Ice.6578

6. Attitude of players. Once again I stress attitude. You can encourage “good” behavior until you turn blue in the face. You have to realize you aren’t dealing with robots, these are humans. Now yes, we can choose who we party with, but you also do not find out you have a newb, a jerk, or a rage quitter in your party until you are already inside. People are people, and you cannot change a human being because you want them to have total and complete cooperation in a video game. (Yes folks, no utopia here either unfortunately.)

7. Leaving matters in the end. No matter how major the amount of people leaving a game, whether they are bored, mad, or just moving on to something else, it is important. Someone not in game is not gathering mats, buying/selling items, in parties for dungeons, not in a guild, map events, socializing (it’s a mmo, part of the game is social as well, let’s be honest), or buying/trading gems or items in the gem shop. You can have the attitude, “let the noob quit I do not care.” However, that attitude it would not seem to be in the “spirit” of the game and instead of cooperating with each other we are turning on each other over a stupid path.

8. Different experiences: Everyone has their own experiences in the game. What someone finds laughably easy, might be extremely difficult for another person. (Guess what?! We aren’t all you! Wait? We are all different?) Also, although all dungeons generate the same, the way the fights go differentiates depending on the people, their actions, and what the AI decides to do.

9. Different expectations. Just because you expect the game to work a certain way or the developers to think a certain way, or the players to think/play in a certain way does not mean they share your thoughts. As mentioned above, some people saw many things such as daily achievements (which were pretty simple and easily completed and still are, just they take longer) as something even a casual gamer with maybe 1 or 2 hrs a day to sit down and dedicate to a game could accomplish. The same goes for the dungeons. Yes, sometimes it was pretty tough in pre- WP respawn patch gameplay. It’s definitely more challenging and more time consuming for many now. Therefore, some people do not have the time to dedicate for even one dungeon run or want to deal with the slow gameplay of lying on the ground until the fight ends.

10. What should we promote then? That is largely up to individuals to decide on their own, although the developers can also try to nudge people to act as well. In my humble opinion of course. I think that we should keep the game in a state that people with all different play styles/preferences can enjoy. I don’t think the drama over the WP patch is worth it. Why does it matter if people like playing the game the way they do? As long as they are playing within the rules they are not hurting anyone. Also, the attitude of “I simply do not care because dungeon running was lame anyway” or “go quit then if you do not like it” is also a poor way to go about anything. My opinion is a mmo is meant for many if not all to enjoy and so we should try to attract more people and try to keep the people that are here, but that is my two cents. Take it or leave it. I also apolojise for double post, but character limits were acting uppon me.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mnemesis.8257

Mnemesis.8257

It seems like the biggest issue everyone has with this statement is the discriminatory manner in which it was implemented. If my party outside of a dungeon were to maintain combat I would still be able to “rez-rush” back to the dynamic event currently taking place. However, dungeons were adjusted solely for the reason that this particular mechanic/glitch/w.e. you want to refer to it as derailed dungeoning from your “original” plans and visions. I doubt it would be in your “vision” to deprive players of their ability to take part in events. If so, then why go so far as to deprive them and their party members the ability to remain productive currently? It is as if you have forgotten the “future” updates in development, that will make this current patch more sensible, do not yet exist for the players. Everyone is peeved not because this update was done, but that it was implemented before any real changes meant to balance this new dungeon only mechanic.

in Suggestions

Katz.5143

@ Agent Ice – well said.

I would like to point out that really this punishes a good group more than a poor group. If one person dies, and you can’t get to them, they are left out of the fight. Sometimes for a very long time if the group can’t stop to rez them or can’t get to them. You will have to completely finish whatever is going on.

The “bad group of rez rushers” that some of you say is the reason that we need this mechanism are less punished by this because they will all die and then all rez.

I think a compromise would be that after a certain period of time the person be allowed to rez and rejoin the fun.

(edited by Katz.5143)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

I dislike a mechanism that punishes the players who do stay alive. If you are alive and cannot rez the ones who are down and cannot take the mob down by yourself then you have to suicide to continue. If the system only punished the ones who died, then great. It punishes the ones alive more in my opinion. It grates on my nerves to have to suicide so the group can all rez.

This is to stop groups that skip mobs then expect everyone to rez at the WP and have to run the gauntlet alone to get back to the boss.

The elitist DEMANDED more emphasis on TEAMWORK…

They got what they asked for.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amaterasu.8639

Amaterasu.8639

Hello all GW2 Players,
I just want to say I’ve been playing the game for about a solid month now.
I have been doing dungeons and have pretty much explored the majory of the
content in the game.
I think that it Is kind of stupid to have a No respawn in dungeons especially considering someone gets downed every 5 seconds during a boss battle and just might happen to get killed, yes I understand the concept of “teamwork” but at the same time it gets a little out of hand when one person is alive running around by themselves trying to kill the boss or res other players. I think that it would be a whole lot better if there was a respawn Timer instead of No respawning at all, its almost discouraging to not have respawns especially when your laying dead waiting for the boss to die, and then it finally dies and you don’t get any loot because the body is gone.
so like I said a timer would still incorporate team work but also keep the difficulty up because if your team happens to get slaughtered and cant make it back for some reason you have to re do it, so a 10 or 15 second timer would be better then not being able to respawn at all. just saying
thanks

yeah it is a pain in butt there no respawn i know its about team work but not everyone is amazing at this game so its hard for people like me

in Suggestions

Posted by: Robotukas.1673

Robotukas.1673

Don’t play dungeons with strangers. If you have to, don’t play them with baddies. You can spot them pretty early on and stop wasting your time.

Wait a second man, ArenNet making game for all players. When you are saying don’t play game with strangers, maybe better don’t play game at all, because you can’t play game with stranger. Do you think is good business model?

(edited by Robotukas.1673)

in Suggestions

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

@ Agent Ice – well said.

I would like to point out that really this punishes a good group more than a poor group. If one person dies, and you can’t get to them, they are left out of the fight. Sometimes for a very long time if the group can’t stop to rez them or can’t get to them. You will have to completely finish whatever is going on.

The “bad group of rez rushers” that some of you say is the reason that we need this mechanism are less punished by this because they will all die and then all rez.

I think a compromise would be that after a certain period of time the person be allowed to rez and rejoin the fun.

ehmm not really, the good group would either be able ti finish the boss with a man down, and if not they try again and likely succed.

Now the bad group, would wipe, go in try again, wipe, go in try again wipe etc etc etc, where before they could just rush in and never loose their progress, so tell me again HOW are the less bad group punished less when they likely never be able to complete it versus the good group that at worst is just delayed a little

in Suggestions

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

Live as a team or fail as a team, dungeons are no single player objectives.

AR

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mnemesis.8257

Mnemesis.8257

Live as a team or fail as a team, dungeons are no single player objectives.

So much for that argument…

Not exactly like an Arah solo but getting first scepter was quite tricky.

in Suggestions

Robotukas.1673

I played many MMO, because I like compare game with other games, to see features and improvements. If some heard game D&DO, so I have some suggestions. I really liked dungeons system, why? Because it have level difficult. Solo, Casual, Normal, Hard. This is I call, “Play the way you like”. Now after patch in GW2, you usually hear “looking exp warrior, looking exp mesmer”? Where I can’t get experience and gear for this? Arena doesn’t have experience in MMO and they are not looking forward to make game different and more variety playing style for players. They just made copy and paste system from WoW for dungeons rules. Is really need them to explore other games and look that we can do better ;-) and learn from other mistakes.

in Suggestions

Katz.5143

@ Agent Ice – well said.

ehmm not really, the good group would either be able ti finish the boss with a man down, and if not they try again and likely succed.

Now the bad group, would wipe, go in try again, wipe, go in try again wipe etc etc etc, where before they could just rush in and never loose their progress, so tell me again HOW are the less bad group punished less when they likely never be able to complete it versus the good group that at worst is just delayed a little

No where did I say that the group could not finish without the downed player. I said that the downed player would just have to be bored laying there not contributing, not playing, until everything is done. You like the mechanism, I don’t.

I get what you are talking about. You want the encounter to reset so if the group wipes over time they have to start all over again. If they had a timer so that you had to be down for a certain amount of time wouldn’t that accomplish the same thing? If everyone is dying they would not be able to get back fast enough to not lose progress. But if the group is up fighting then the one downed player after a while could come back and re-enter the fight.

in Suggestions

Robotukas.1673

@ Agent Ice – well said.

No where did I say that the group could not finish without the downed player. I said that the downed player would just have to be bored laying there not contributing, not playing, until everything is done. You like the mechanism, I don’t.

I get what you are talking about. You want the encounter to reset so if the group wipes over time they have to start all over again. If they had a timer so that you had to be down for a certain amount of time wouldn’t that accomplish the same thing? If everyone is dying they would not be able to get back fast enough to not lose progress. But if the group is up fighting then the one downed player after a while could come back and re-enter the fight.

I total agree. I remember one time we run with party and it it was last boss. Less when 10 % left for boss, I died. I done mistake because I wanted to be more helpfull. So I watched until they killed boss and also I didn’t have loot. Should I leave dungeon when I die? Because you can’t help for party and you don’t get loot and also is waist of time when you watching battle. I don’t mind to watch battle for couple minutes, because You can learn smth, but not until they finish battle.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

well surely if you had to watch the battle more than a couple minutes it should have been possible for your team to ress you? if not well either a bad team, or a VERY VERY bad mistake on your part to die at a spot they can even reach you

in Suggestions

Posted by: Regenc.9256

Regenc.9256

I too disagree with this suggestion. Although the battles have become more difficult, I find it much more enjoyable working together as a team. Suggestions on battle style and teqniques are shared more between players to complete areas, players learn the key mechanics the Guild Wars team has put together of skills working together in a party that really make for dynamic tactics over mindless clicking, and when an area is completed everyone feels they became a better player in some way.

The heart of this game is that we are able to feel accomplished for more then just the gear we can aquire for countless hours of playtime. Isn’t that what gaming is about in the begging?

in Suggestions

Robotukas.1673

well surely if you had to watch the battle more than a couple minutes it should have been possible for your team to ress you? if not well either a bad team, or a VERY VERY bad mistake on your part to die at a spot they can even reach you

I dead, because maybe my build was wrong or my gear is bad. What I should do? Can You tell when I can go to dungeons? Guys sometimes your just bullkittenting and you just want post here to show how we a clever. Instead you say some thing, why You don’t look for suggestions. Maybe is party was bad, or spot or gear, or skills builds. Don’t look to reason why it happens, but better give some ideas for more variety players to get this to that stage. Do you take me as noob in party? Answer will be no. I think it should be some introduction to dungeons, like you can chose difficult level. So game will be for casuals and hardcore players.

in Suggestions

Robotukas.1673

I too disagree with this suggestion. Although the battles have become more difficult, I find it much more enjoyable working together as a team. Suggestions on battle style and teqniques are shared more between players to complete areas, players learn the key mechanics the Guild Wars team has put together of skills working together in a party that really make for dynamic tactics over mindless clicking, and when an area is completed everyone feels they became a better player in some way.

The heart of this game is that we are able to feel accomplished for more then just the gear we can aquire for countless hours of playtime. Isn’t that what gaming is about in the begging?

When in your party is only experienced players. But we are talking about all players and from different country. Better think how you will attract more players to buy this game and stay longer? Because we want that GW will be for long time, not like AoEO. Read about this and look dev mistakes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

The only thing I would like to say is this:

For 5 months to the day it was like this. If it was broken, don’t let us play for 5 months with a broken system. Then all of a sudden, without any prior acknowledgement say or yeah we fixed this. Yeah some people are not gonna be able to readily accept, what has been taken for granted, that it would be like this.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

The only thing I would like to say is this:

For 5 months to the day it was like this. If it was broken, don’t let us play for 5 months with a broken system. Then all of a sudden, without any prior acknowledgement say or yeah we fixed this. Yeah some people are not gonna be able to readily accept, what has been taken for granted, that it would be like this.

It’s not a boxed game you can resell when you get tired of it, and may only have a few updates and then stay like that.
It’s an MMO. So it’s more like a ‘service’ than a ‘product’.

The game is subject to change. A warning should be both in the box and the legal documentation.

This doesn’t me that they’ll one day go bananas and change things too abruptly. Only that they both add new content and monitor existing one, and they’ll change content to fit their design if and when they the issue.

The game doesn’t have to be ‘broken’ to change things. And things being one way for a long time is no reason to keep them that way.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!