Nobody is running AC

Nobody is running AC

in Suggestions

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

The AC explorable mode dungeon was altered in a recent patch, and this has caused the playerbase to stop running it en masse.

For example, this morning I checked GW2LFG and counted groups looking for the various dungeons and modes. FotM had 39 groups seeking, and CoF had 42. AC had 2. These numbers are currently pretty typical – they are the rule and not the exception.

I’m not sure why the developers altered the dungeon – had run it several times and had a good time. However, the changes they have made to it have not had the desired outcome. Instead of it still being fun but a bit more of a challenge, it is now deserted.

I suggest it be changed again. Up to the devs as to how to handle it, but it is not working as intended right now.

[edit – please do not move this thread – it is a suggestion, not a dungeon-related comment]

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

(edited by Midnightjade.3520)

Nobody is running AC

in Suggestions

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

Maybe it’s just the time of day or week but I looked up AC exp in gw2lfg over the weekend and saw at least 10 posts.

Nobody is running AC

in Suggestions

Midnightjade.3520

I think you may be confusing LFG and LFM posts. LFM is a group looking for one or two more players. LFG is someone looking for a group, either because they are not experienced enough to lead or (often currently for AC) they have tried forming a group but have had no interest.

Posts for AC are commonly LFG – folks are trying but not succeeding in forming groups to run the instance..

Itinerant, no guild.

Nobody is running AC

in Suggestions

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Path_of_least_resistance

The most popular dungeon is the most popular because it is the easiest dungeon. If it is adjusted to offer more of a challenge player will, by and large, flock to the new easiest dungeon.

Nobody is running AC

in Suggestions

Midnightjade.3520

The most popular dungeon is the most popular because it is the easiest dungeon. If it is adjusted to offer more of a challenge player will, by and large, flock to the new easiest dungeon.

We know that definition and it does not really require a wikipedia link. This suggestion is not designed to turn AC into an example of your wikipedia entry. It is to rescue it from its current sorry state of not being run at all.

Itinerant, no guild.

Nobody is running AC

in Suggestions

darkace.8925

We know that definition and it does not really require a wikipedia link. This suggestion is not designed to turn AC into an example of your wikipedia entry. It is to rescue it from its current sorry state of not being run at all.

There is no solution. ArenaNet wanted to make it harder, and the people looking for an easy run moved elsewhere. The end.

Nobody is running AC

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

Jade, it was only being run en masse because it was so easy in the first place.

Nobody is running AC

in Suggestions

Midnightjade.3520

Jade, it was only being run en masse because it was so easy in the first place.

Yes, it was definitely too easy – especially the final boss of P1.

However, now it seems to have gone the other way. That is fine with me and I am happy to run it. But nobody else will run it with me, so I cannot get a group.

If Anet wants people to run this dungeon, they need to either give them an incentive, dial back on a few of the changes, or toughen up the playerbase.

That last option is never gonna happen, and all the kids are going to continue to farm CoF P1 which is even easier than AC used to be (much easier, actually). So the devs need to do something else. Fix it so that those of us that enjoy it can continue to do so.

Itinerant, no guild.

Nobody is running AC

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orc Slayer.2780

Orc Slayer.2780

not true. i liked ac cuz it was fun and i loved the armor. The reason your statement is not true is because of the benefits of running the dungeon, e.g. rares bought with tokens. You’re right with Cof p1 (easiest since the beginning) but also the easiest higher level dungeons (arah, coe, hotw, Cof [These offer rares]) .
AC offers no such benefit of 10 minute runs and definately did not have usable rares.

(edited by Orc Slayer.2780)

Nobody is running AC

in Suggestions

Posted by: chedder.6302

chedder.6302

I used to run this dungeon all the time before the update, after the update the work-reward is currently not worth it. That being said the final boss on path 1 was fun after the update, but here is my suggestion to make this playable (or at least path 1 never did the other 2 paths after 1):

1) Re-add the graveling breeders-the breeders to the burrow events even though they summon the hatchlings took away some spawns of the scavengers. With the new amount of scavengers 2 dodges and a block are not enough to keep you from being perma kd and dead.

2) Undo the changes to the spider boss. He spits out way too much poison to warrant an immobile. Remember most classes only have 1-2 condition removals and mostly only self. I know guards/wars can use shouts with soldiers armor but that only adds 3 conditions removed and the mesmer with null field and staff 4 on necro can remove some party conditions but there is still way too much poison and it last a long time.

President of Believegate

Nobody is running AC

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

about poison it last forever and by the time you remove or redirect it you are poisoned again.
i don’t know why people kitten abut easy content all the time, what’s wrong in a dungeon easy to run since it should be designed for lv 35 toons at best?

i tryed to run that dungeon with guildies, path1. 3 of us lv 80 the other 2 lv 45 and 56 and we failed miserably over and over again at the protect hodgins part right after the spider. and we skipped the leutenant and we were lucky enough not to find the troll (never had issue before and easily done with all lv 80) is that funny because it became impossible to do it if you are not 80 in exotic? i don’t think so, i think it’s just not fair and it’s really not ok as lily allen pointed out in a famous song about it ^^

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Nobody is running AC

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

about poison it last forever and by the time you remove or redirect it you are poisoned again.
i don’t know why people kitten abut easy content all the time, what’s wrong in a dungeon easy to run since it should be designed for lv 35 toons at best?

i tryed to run that dungeon with guildies, path1. 3 of us lv 80 the other 2 lv 45 and 56 and we failed miserably over and over again at the protect hodgins part right after the spider. and we skipped the leutenant and we were lucky enough not to find the troll (never had issue before and easily done with all lv 80) is that funny because it became impossible to do it if you are not 80 in exotic? i don’t think so, i think it’s just not fair and it’s really not ok as lily allen pointed out in a famous song about it ^^

Maybe it is just because of my group was experienced, and we were all on Vent together, but we had no issues with the spider boss. Our group make up was

80 – all exotics Necro Wellomancer Condition crit damage stats 4 ascended items
80 – Mesmer All exotics Conditions power build and stats 2 ascended items
80 – warrior All greens 1 yellow, fresh 80 about 4 hours old.
35 – rangers his gear ranged from 25 – 30
66 – Guard – his gear ranges from 35 – 55

This is the same group I used for the example below in running it for 15 minutes, we also fought the cave troll.

I think you may be confusing LFG and LFM posts. LFM is a group looking for one or two more players. LFG is someone looking for a group, either because they are not experienced enough to lead or (often currently for AC) they have tried forming a group but have had no interest.

Posts for AC are commonly LFG – folks are trying but not succeeding in forming groups to run the instance..

The difference between LFG and LFM is nothing on the sight. It doesn’t matter what they are 2 to 6 listings be it LFM or LFG is still 2 to 6 listings.

not true. i liked ac cuz it was fun and i loved the armor. The reason your statement is not true is because of the benefits of running the dungeon, e.g. rares bought with tokens. You’re right with Cof p1 (easiest since the beginning) but also the easiest higher level dungeons (arah, coe, hotw, Cof [These offer rares]) .
AC offers no such benefit of 10 minute runs and definately did not have usable rares.

First off, his statement is true, and your counter statement offers fluidity to his statement.

i liked ac cuz it was fun and i loved the armor.

This says you did like it ( past tense) but not anymore.

The reason your statement is not true is because of the benefits of running the dungeon, e.g. rares bought with tokens.

Every dungeons offers rares bought with tokens, in fact most people I know buy the 180 helms ( exotics ) and then salvage them. So lets see, run a dungeon that use to be face roll and is now now a work and effort, or run CoF which is 12 to 15 minutes?

You’re right with Cof p1 (easiest since the beginning) but also the easiest higher level dungeons (arah, coe, hotw, Cof [These offer rares]) .

This statement is riddled with confusion, not really sure what your trying to say here but that isn’t the point. Arah, CoE are not easy fast runs. HoTW path 1 is a 8 to 10 minute run and 100% death free thanks to the wall glitch. Which might I add is the only path people tend to run, as it would seem. I know you can get parties for P2&3 but just look at all the speed run post those are the easy paths, or cash runs. Last time I looked I have yet to see anyone say Arah $ run Ping gear Zerker only.

You state that his statement was false because you could run the dungeon for tokens and get rares then you state AC offers no usable rares? So instead of blindly posting my guild and I ran through AC 15 minutes max, between all of us we got 9 Rares 1 exotic 4 T6 mats, 5 badges. We got to Kholer. That was with Omnomberry bars, a MF Guild Banner.

Personally I think they should make all the Dungeons like AC, I like the challenge, and most days I will sit in a LFG for 10 to 20 minutes.

Nobody is running AC

in Suggestions

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The problem with designing dungeons for hard-content junkies is that they will eat it up, master the mechanics, declare it too easy and move on unless it is among the hardest. Players looking to farm are going to look for the easiest and quickest dungeon to run, those looking for challenge look for the hardest. The new AC is neither. Before it was revised it was competing for easiest/quickest, now, not so much.

I suggest that the devs revisit the idea of hard and not-so-hard modes. What’s not working is that the “normal” mode dungeons, story mode, are not being repeated due to lack of reward, and the pastime players are avoiding the explorables they find hard, despite the rewards.

Nobody is running AC

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

The problem with designing dungeons for hard-content junkies is that they will eat it up, master the mechanics, declare it too easy and move on unless it is among the hardest. Players looking to farm are going to look for the easiest and quickest dungeon to run, those looking for challenge look for the hardest. The new AC is neither. Before it was revised it was competing for easiest/quickest, now, not so much.

I suggest that the devs revisit the idea of hard and not-so-hard modes. What’s not working is that the “normal” mode dungeons, story mode, are not being repeated due to lack of reward, and the pastime players are avoiding the explorables they find hard, despite the rewards.

Those are all exactly correct, I would like to add one thing though,

It is not arena Nets fault players do that, no matter what they do players will always do this. It is the old proverb

You can make some of the people happy all the time, and All the people some of the time, but never all the people all the time.

No matter what they do people will complain it is to hard or to easy, or not rewarding enough. So I don’t think they are going to find that pleasant medium here.

Nobody is running AC

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

Before it was revised it was competing for easiest/quickest, now, not so much.

What? Have you power-played the new AC like we did before the overhaul? It’s still an easy and quick dungeon. I dare even say quicker than previously. People just don’t want to spend the time to learn how to do it quickly like it was before the February patch, but I can still run p1 and p3 in a row under 40 minutes, like I did before the patch. I strongly dislike the new p2 boss mechanics, so I don’t run that one, but p1 and p3? No way they’re harder than previously.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Nobody is running AC

in Suggestions

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

I’m happy to be challenged more, if Anet gets rid of repair costs.

User was infracted for being awesome.

Nobody is running AC

in Suggestions

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Before it was revised it was competing for easiest/quickest, now, not so much.

What? Have you power-played the new AC like we did before the overhaul? It’s still an easy and quick dungeon. I dare even say quicker than previously. People just don’t want to spend the time to learn how to do it quickly like it was before the February patch, but I can still run p1 and p3 in a row under 40 minutes, like I did before the patch. I strongly dislike the new p2 boss mechanics, so I don’t run that one, but p1 and p3? No way they’re harder than previously.

I agree that some people don’t want to relearn the mechanics for a dungeon they already had down. If you’ve gotten it down to run that quickly, congratulations, but you are far from the norm, at least based on what I’ve seen and been hearing.

It isn’t the actuality that influences people, it’s their perceptions. People perceive the RoI to be less than before, and the difficulty to be greater.

Nobody is running AC

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Why would I run AC at all when I can run CoF 1 repeatedly and make more money easier, loot lodestones, and get rares/ectos out of my tokens?

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Nobody is running AC

in Suggestions

darkace.8925

I’d like to make a comment on speed runs in general. Everyone skips the trash mobs because the rewards come from bosses. If that’s working as intended, so be it. If ANet actually wants us to clear the entire dungeon, however, they need to make an adjustment. What I propose is every trash mob killed increases each players’ chance to roll a rare/exotic on the bosses’ loot tables by whatever amount the developers feel is good enough to entice the killing of trash mobs without making it mandatory.