Non Anet Moderators

Non Anet Moderators

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phantax.1369

Phantax.1369

How about having a team of volunteer player based moderators ?

There have been many issues/concerns made now about the power mongering attitude of some moderators. So.. other forums have a number of player based moderators. Maybe we could get the same here.

Now Im not suggesting these Moderators have the full function of the full time guys, nor should they have access to the info that actual moderators get. However they should be able to comment, help and maybe intervene where it is required !

If there are any issues the full time Mods have missed or miss-understood, these player mods could bring the topic in question to their attention or direct it to the attention of the correct person.

Obviously a form of NDA would be required as well as agreeing to to a Code of Conduct. But this could help eleviate some of the bad feeling between player and current moderator team !

???

We’re not retreating… we’re advancing in a different direction !
Money can’t buy happiness, But it allows you to search in more places to find it !

Non Anet Moderators

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

At least these mods don’t outright insult you like on Blizzard’s forums. I’m pretty grateful for what we have now, even if these mods can be overzealous.

Player mods sounds like a good-ish idea, but I fear that by mistake Anet would hire the occasional idiot that doesn’t understand free speech and/or the power to disagree with a statement or action.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

Non Anet Moderators

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Not to mention that some of these volunteer player mods might ban or infract any posts here on the suggestions forum that do not fall in line with their own personal view on how the game should evolve. For instance, pro-mounts mods deleting any posts against the idea of mounts (and vice versa) and so forth. I’ve seen this happen on once-popular The Sims forums where paysite owners and paysite sympathisers banned anti-paysite members for posting an opinion.

Who would end up moderating these volunteer moderators?

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

(edited by uknortherner.2670)

Non Anet Moderators

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phantax.1369

Phantax.1369

Not to mention that some of these volunteer player mods might ban or infract any posts here on the suggestions forum that do not fall in line with their own personal view on how the game should evolve. For instance, pro-mounts mods deleting any posts against the idea of mounts (and vice versa) and so forth. I’ve seen this happen on once-popular The Sims forums where paysite owners and paysite sympathisers banned anti-paysite members for posting an opinion.

Who would end up moderating these volunteer moderators?

And what would be the point of that? Firstly I already said they would have to confirm to a ‘code of conduct’ secondly, thats hardly a unbiased point of view for a moderator.

All I can suggest is go look round some other game forums, those that have these, work well in conjunction with the normal moderators and it brings a nice balance to the game !

We’re not retreating… we’re advancing in a different direction !
Money can’t buy happiness, But it allows you to search in more places to find it !

Non Anet Moderators

in Suggestions

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Not going to happen.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Non Anet Moderators

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

More so then not this doesn’t work and ‘code of conduct’ wouldn’t do much unless their account was severely punished for their actions. uknortherner is exactly right when he said “do not fall in line with their own personal view on how the game should evolve.” because there will always be some over zealous player who is willing to be a martyr for his/her own personal direction for a game they like.

Non Anet Moderators

in Suggestions

Posted by: ElixireL.5190

ElixireL.5190

Laughing Out Loud

Non Anet Moderators

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

A supervising moderator would moderate these volunteer moderators.
The lack of free speech and the power to disagree might be the current problem (caused by some blatant moderation) that having volunteer moderators might help alleviate.

Non Anet Moderators

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

There are no power-mongering mods on this forum and I have seen no such issues. If anything they are very polite, answer even stupid questions (repeatedly). If you have bad feelings with the moderator team, I very strongly recommend looking in the mirror.

The only problem I have with moderators is that they adhere to american morals which are to some extent detestable for Europeans. The only infraction I disagreed with was discussion of bisexuality in broad non-descriptive strokes. Apparently that’s not okay.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

(edited by marnick.4305)

Non Anet Moderators

in Suggestions

Posted by: ElixireL.5190

ElixireL.5190

Posts that reflect bad on the company or the product tend to get deleted, happens on all corporate forums.

Non Anet Moderators

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

Yeaahhh… Nty. I prefer Anet monitoring their own forums. They don’t need additional mods (If you think it wouldn’t cause any issues, then you need to rethink). You already agreed to the code of contact when you bought the game. Let the mods do their thing.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

Non Anet Moderators

in Suggestions

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

I’m not sure that mongering is the right word.

Anyway, it won’t work. Anet would be the ones deciding which players would get the job, and they’d choose those that brownnose the most.

I’ve been on forums where moderators and administrators had their own code of conduct. An effort to prevent power from being abused. It gave a mistreated user something to base a complaint against. Although that rarely happened because the mods there treated people well because of the code of conduct keeping them in line.

Non Anet Moderators

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caelib.2497

Caelib.2497

Less moderation is needed in my opinion — the types of comments that get infracted as “trolling” I find completely unjustified. On these forums, your opinion only seems to matter if it doesn’t hurt somebody’s feelings.

(edited by Caelib.2497)

Non Anet Moderators

in Suggestions

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

The moderation of this forum is at the discretion of Arena Net staff members.

Therefore, any questions or suggestions about it should be submitted by sending an e-mail to forums@arena.net.

Thank you.