Non-crafting options.

Non-crafting options.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Banono.4597

Banono.4597

Let me start off by saying I hate, HATE, HATE crafting in MMOs it bores me and feels like a chore that goes against the reason I play games (fun). I am also an avid WvWer, so I like having the best possible gear stat-wise.

Reading those first two sentences you can probably figure out my problem; in order to have the best stats I have to craft.

I get that I can get the mats from playing however I want, (I have stacks and stacks of the stuff in my bank.) but still in order to use them I have to throw away time and gold (Gold is not a huge factor , but it still sucks.) siting in front of a crafting station trying to remember what stupid combinations I have yet to use in discovery so I can bump up a meaningless number to 500.

In every MMO I have ever played I have happily endured running dungeons, grinding a PvP currency and raids to keep up in the arms race that is the gear treadmill, but not once have I ever had to craft or feel behind and that is how I feel right now. I know the gear is not required for anything, so let us not have this thread turn into a debate on the need for the new gear, and I am happy crafters have a goal with good rewards unlike some games.

All I want is an alternative way of getting the new tier of gear without having to level craft up to 500.

1000 dungeon tokens each for a piece of ascended? Great!
500 badges of honor and 50 gold for some gloves? Take my money!
250k karma for some pants? Done!
Rare drops from world bosses? You can find me waiting for Jormag.

If you feel like I do and hate crafting show some support! If you think I am nuts for hating crafting and think I should shut up and play, say so.
Just please I don’t want this thread turning into “Well, you don’t need the gear.” cause I know that.

Non-crafting options.

in Suggestions

Posted by: hannahwho.2859

hannahwho.2859

I completely agree! I can’t stand crafting and its the only reason i still don’t have an ascended weapon

Yes, i am a ranger that mains a longbow. Problem?

Non-crafting options.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jerron Blacksilver.8629

Jerron Blacksilver.8629

Are you referring to ascended items? There’s already a method in place for getting them aside from crafting. Trinkets can be had from laurel vendors and guild commendation vendors. Weapons can be obtained through drops anywhere you can get ascended materials (fractal daily chests, world boss chests and champ boxes) And yes they are rare, but those who do craft them have likely spent hundreds of gold or countless hours leveling up their crafting professions and acquiring materials.

OP said: “Rare drops from world bosses? You can find me waiting for Jormag.”

That mechanic is already in place, problem solved

Non-crafting options.

in Suggestions

Banono.4597

I was more less talking about the new armor coming out.

If I could get them like the trinkets in WvW that would be perfect for me.

Edit; It might just be me, but I do the world bosses nearly daily and have yet to see someone link or say anything about getting a ascended piece aside from Teq which is a ghost town.

(edited by Banono.4597)

Non-crafting options.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jerron Blacksilver.8629

Jerron Blacksilver.8629

I’d be willing to bet they’ll drop from chests and champ bags just like ascended weapons.

Non-crafting options.

in Suggestions

Banono.4597

Just looked it up and the wiki and sure enough. Thanks for the tip, Jerron.

Now if I could picky I would love an option to buy them using WvW gained currency since the drop rate is crazy low.

Non-crafting options.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MikeyGrey.2496

MikeyGrey.2496

yea a non-random non-crafting method of obtaining ascended gear would be welcome. boosted token prices and additional purchasable items via laurels/badges seem viable enough

Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind