Normalize base health

Normalize base health

in Suggestions

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Normalizing base health over all professions would make it easier to provide challenging PvE content. The main reason warriors can go full zerker gear for example, is because all damage has to be balanced for the low health professions, which is only half as threatening for the high health professions.

For example, if a boss deals 5000 damage to an elementalist, their health goes down by 50% and they’re in serious trouble. The warrior on the other hand, has lost only 25% of his health and can easily continue, having plenty of time to heal or postpone his heals until they’re actually needed.

As long as the health difference between low and high remains this large, damage will never be as dangerous to the high health professions as it is to the low health ones. This makes fights challenging only for the low health professions, as they’re constantly in danger whereas the high health ones can just shrug it off and ignore it. Not all professions must have the same amount of health, but 12,500-15,000-17,500 may be better suited for this than the current 10,000/15,000/20,000.

A pinprick for one, a landslide for another.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Normalize base health

in Suggestions

Posted by: BlueLion.7498

BlueLion.7498

I ,too, am annoyed quite a bit by this. As a guardian I have 30 points in Honor (vita/healing) and vita from 80% of my items (including runes etc.) but still my warrior has 5k more health and so does my necro. Funny part: neither of them has any vita from gear nor from traits. I guess guardian boons are supposed to make up for the lack of health…

Normalize base health

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Agreed. Just give my warrior stealth then.

One – Piken Square

Normalize base health

in Suggestions

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

no; this is stupid
guardian has low health pool for obvious reasons
warr has high health because their sustain sucks (although… got a HELL of a lot better last few balance patches… so imo they could come down to medium pool)

ele (low pool) can heal to full easily with plenty of mitigation
necro (high pool+DS) literally eats hits with little mitigation (well… only blind.. and even then… not much)

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

Normalize base health

in Suggestions

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Of course the other effects will need to be changed to rebalance things, but think about it for a moment.

If you want something that seriously affects a warrior at base health, it will oneshot a guardian. Lowering the relative difference might make things like thrash mobs attacks a bit more…dangerous.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Normalize base health

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

I have a Vitality/Toughness/Power warrior that has 29k+ HP in half exotic gear, and
DOES THE SAME DAMAGE AS MY BERZERKER AND FULL ASCENDED GEARED RANGER on DPS build.

My Ranger definetely needs more DMG or + ~3000 Health.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Normalize base health

in Suggestions

Posted by: LeeroyNimoy.1864

LeeroyNimoy.1864

If you change the health pools then you have to alter the abilities each profession has. Balancing is a tricky thing to work out – and one of those things that will never be perfect – each profession must be balanced in itself, then across a group make-up, then across a raid-sized group, then across PvP and WvW . . . it’s a lot of fine lines that are often blurry. I say let the professionals work their magic, so long as they don’t take the World of Warcraft approach we should befine.

Ability is what you can do; Motivation is how much you do; Attitude is how well you do it.
My idea compilation thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Seven-ideas-in-one-post/first#post3038023

Normalize base health

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

So when they boost up millionHP bosses with their nasty damages, thats not balance.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”