Off-hand/Main-hand Slot 1 merge?

Off-hand/Main-hand Slot 1 merge?

in Suggestions

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

So… I am a little bothered by the fact that when you use an off-hand, if you don’t use your slot 4-5 skills (Thief excluded), the off-hand weapon hangs there like deadweight.
Why can’t the slot 1 skill be a merge of the off-hand and the main-hand? Such as when you use dual-pistols. Firing one gun at a time would potentially give you a higher firing rate and more firepower in general than using only the main-hand pistol, just like the old cowboys of the wildwest did, they couldn’t pack many magazines like todays soldiers… Instead they pack a lot of guns! A lot of revolvers in order to have an advantage in firepower without having to reload too often! Of course they would eventually have to reload but…

Or, let’s take dual-weilding swords! Instead of the off-hand just hanging there like some dead-weight, can’t he cycle in using one weapon at a time? I know there is a specific european fencing method by using and off-hand dagger defensively, but these are not your european fencers utilizing the main-gauche.

Well you have caught my drift for now so I think i’ll just leave the rest to your imaginations… I have no really good balance suggestions to this nor any good way for it to be implemented, but hey a discussion about the possibilities are always fun!