One of the problems with the PVE content is

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

There is no community building effort in PVE
A lot of players in Gw2 seem very solipsistic, that Gw2 feels like a single player game.

No one sits down and hang out, everyone just seems to be in a rush.
Even map chat is just boring and full of Guild spam and LFGs (Hopefully when they invent a group finder this issue would go away)
Its pretty anti social for a MMORPG.

Just because people congregate at the bank and the trading post doesnt mean theres a community, they’re just using those facilities then run off somewhere again just like a zerg train, just because they’re zerging doesnt mean they’re working together in a collaborative conscious effort.

My suggestion would be to make good on the feature that was spoken of in a beta interview regarding Bundle system and bar brawling other sorts of activities that aren’t linked to killing things, guildwars even had racing in the form of beetles, I’m sure we could have this too

Theres lots of Inns in Lions Arch, Div Reach and Queensdale.
Theres also Mead halls in Shiverpeaks.

These are ideal spots for players to take time out of killing things mindlessly, waste a couple of silvers on Ale, drink and beat the daylights out of each other or just sit down and talk to each other.

Also sitting down… so many chairs you cant even sit on them…

Dueling, Im sure this has been mentioned tons before.
And lots of time a PVE carebear goes and says no they have to do in an arena or everyones gonna be fighting everywhere.

Sorry but no, I know your feelies are super important, but believe it or not, most people duel to train up for real fighting in wvwvw and so forth, most people also duel in places not surrounded by too many people, why?
Because people can be annoying and spam duelers with aoe effects and such.

Dueling also attracts attention where people can talk and discuss about the fights.

And lastly Keg brawl, the issue with that is.. it’s instanced.
It would be nice to be able to see people actually play it in real time and have more than just one area for keg brawling.

As of now, the only real community going on is sPVP and WvWvW.
At least in sPVP you can talk to the people you kill in WvWvW its more of realm respect.

INB4: My server is not like that, theres a lot of people in the inns and etc etc, maybe you should guest.

How about No.
How about we stop being solipsistic and have all servers on Gw2 have what you have.

(edited by Rizzy.8293)

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

In other words, this is yet another duelling thread where there has been many already and you could’ve posted to one of those instead of starting another one. Also, if criticising duelling makes me a PvE carebear, then it’s a badge I’ll wear with pride.

As for lack of community? Try a RP server like Piken Square. Lots of people hang out at the inns and other places there and not all of them are RPers.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Rizzy.8293

In other words, this is yet another duelling thread where there has been many already and you could’ve posted to one of those instead of starting another one. Also, if criticising duelling makes me a PvE carebear, then it’s a badge I’ll wear with pride.

As for lack of community? Try a RP server like Piken Square. Lots of people hang out at the inns and other places there and not all of them RPers.

Dueling thread?
I suggest you read the post before looking up one word and cherry picking

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

As for lack of community? Try a RP server like Piken Square. Lots of people hang out at the inns and other places there and not all of them RPers.

Dueling thread?

I did. Half of your thread focused on duelling alone. Aside from being able to actually sit on chairs and the lack of bar brawling (which we’re all still waiting for), your only other complaint was the lack of “hanging out”. As I said, lots of people hang out on the Piken Square server. Perhaps you need to switch server, or at least guest on it to get a feel for it?

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Rizzy.8293

Dueling thread?

I did. Half of your thread focused on duelling alone. Aside from being able to actually sit on chairs and the lack of bar brawling (which we’re all still waiting for), your only other complaint was the lack of “hanging out”. As I said, lots of people hang out on the Piken Square server. Perhaps you need to switch server, or at least guest on it to get a feel for it?

So half of it mentions dueling therefore its a dueling thread?
Cool logic, bro.

So I have to switch to your server if I want to “hang out” nice logic but no thanks, having an active community on each and every server is a better idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

So I have to switch to your server if I want to “hang out” nice logic but no thanks, having an active community on each and every server is a better idea.

Guest?

“Hanging around” won’t get me any gold, unless you’re willing to pay for company

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

in Suggestions

Rizzy.8293

Guest?

“Hanging around” won’t get me any gold, unless you’re willing to pay for company

You’re no fun

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

The thing is, most people in the game aren’t doing it to socialize. They’re doing it to spend their personal time off. If they wanted to “hang out” and “drink ale”, I think most people would go to a bar rather than log into a video game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

Tarnished Coast as well. I always see people just sitting and hanging around and talking to each other. The inns are overpopulated!

You’re probably on the wrong server for your play style. Try TC or PS.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chrispytoast.3698

Chrispytoast.3698

I think when Guild Halls are added some of the Hanging out may get moved to there. I remember in GW1 I was in a guild that would have parties and we would sit around, drink our tonics and play with fireworks and have duels for prizes.

Save the orphans of Divinity’s Reach
Send Gold to: Chrispytoast

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rash.6514

Rash.6514

I am not really sure how ANet could help with that. You gave some suggestions but I honestly fail to see how they would “fix” this. I believe ANet wants the Guilds to be some sort of a community, more than the server. This is why they are pushing towards guild events. On my server there is an “alliance” of guilds, which I think is pretty cool.

The problem I see (and, again, I don’t think it is ANet’s fault, it is in every MMO) is that people don’t usually want to do the things I want to do. I love PvE content, so every once in a while I spam LFG on my guild’s chat for dungeons and World Bosses (I love them). I can hardly close a 5-man group 100% guildmates (of a ~100 online members) because they all want to do something else. Usually, WvW. So, yes, WvW is really a successful community. Sometimes I go there and see this sea of names in yellow/gold, I think it is pretty cool. Other than that, what you described is a problem on every MMO.

in Suggestions

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

I’m not asocial, but I’m not talkative. That’s why this is a more ideal game for me than, say, WoW. I can play with others at events, follow around the WvWvW commanders, and yes, I do seek out the hangouts on Tarnished Coast, even if I don’t speak out a lot at them.

I too am waiting on fun stuff like Brawling that was promised in the pre-launch PR, but I have to admit, I haven’t felt a part of the world in PvE like this since Final Fantasy 11.

User was infracted for being awesome.