Only allow selling of items on the TP from within cities, and make the 15% sales tax more obvious so that geniuses don't end up selling stuff at less than vendor value..

Only allow selling of items on the TP from within cities, and make the 15% sales tax more obvious so that geniuses don't end up selling stuff at less than vendor value..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eddy.1278

Eddy.1278

Due to the fact that people can just sell items from anywhere in the world to empty their inventory without having to return to a city, people are just selling at a loss on the TP by undercutting by one copper.

Most people don’t know about the 15% sales tax so they prefer to sell on the TP remotely because it is more convenient.

It is extremely idiotic that you can actually make more money selling your blue/green loot to a VENDOR instead of selling it on the trade post, because the market is flooded by farmers that are selling items WHILE FARMING.

Please fix this by disallowing the selling of items on the TP from anywhere in the world.

People should have to at least be in a city to sell their things, or even better, be in specially designated “trade post active” areas.

Do not scorn the weak cub, for he may become the fierce Charr.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Draknar.8604

Draknar.8604

I have a suspicion that even if we had to go to town people would still post ridiculously cheap items on the Trading Post. There should be some sort of awareness campaign, rather than punish those of us with limited bag space who enjoy not having to constantly return to town (with a couple silver hit if we want to use a waypoint).

Plus what I’m curious about, is how does this negatively effect your gameplay? If it’s cheaper for you to vendor an item than put it on the trading post, the inconvenience is having to run and find a vendor…which is the same inconvenience in your proposal.

Plus, it means as a consumer you’d be able to purchase items for cheaper. For a time Wood was dirt cheap, and I would sell all my wood that I collected in one tier to a vendor, then buy wood I actually needed to craft for dirt cheap on the Trading Post. The loss in profit I made from wood I collected was made up for the fact that I could purchase it just as cheaply.

“If you build a man a fire he will be warm for a day.
If you set a man on fire he will be warm for the rest of his life.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eddy.1278

Eddy.1278

It’s negatively affecting my gameplay because I am losing a crap ton of money because of lazy ignorant people that can’t do basic math.

I have to resort to selling literally ALL my loot at vendors because I lose a lot of money if I try to sell on the TP.

Vendors are literally EVERYWHERE in the world, I don’t understand why people have to flood the market with cheap crap at a loss, thus screwing up my profits and other people’s profits just because they are too lazy to run for 30 seconds to a vendor.

If people could only use the TP in cities or designated areas in cities, the prices wouldn’t be so ridiculously low on everything on the TP, and people like me would actually make some profit for not being lazy and actually making an effort to go to a city to sell their things.

Doing it the lazy way (vendoring) should give you less money, not more.
Selling on TP with my idea in use would be the non lazy way and would make you more money, like it should.

Do not scorn the weak cub, for he may become the fierce Charr.

(edited by Eddy.1278)