Open PvP Servers ?

Open PvP Servers ?

in Suggestions

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

I know you will say that “We got WvW, no need for pvp in Tyria”, but let me say one thing, this game has nothing to do when you already did everything in pve.

Karma train? World Bosses? Exploration? Jps?? yeah, nice, so what? doing it over and over and over? am i a robot ?

ArenaNet, how about put some action to the game and make PvP avaliable in Tyria? i dont know how, maybe through races, maybe only in higher lvl maps, maybe through GUILDS ?? but Open PvP would make playing in Tyria a bit more interesting. At least, something not “robotic” to do.

Serioulsy, my veins doesnt burn in WvW and Spvp like would in a surprise encounter wandering “on quest” maps.

If any other game had the GW2 mechanics, WoW for example, i would go back play it. A pity Gw2 doesnt have open pvp servers, because many ppl who enjoy PvP in this game would love to see it out of WvW and Spvp aswell.

Open PvP Servers ?

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

How would being able to gank defenceless noobs make this game more interesting?

Here’s the thing: You knew this game did not have open-world PvP, yet you bought it anyway. Besides, doesn’t endless ganking also make you a robot?

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Open PvP Servers ?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

We got WvW, no need for pvp in Tyria

AND

How would being able to hunt defenceless noobs make this game more interesting?

Open PvP Servers ?

in Suggestions

pupi.2465

How would being able to gank defenceless noobs make this game more interesting?

Here’s the thing: You knew this game did not have open-world PvP, yet you bought it anyway. Besides, doesn’t endless ganking also make you a robot?

No pvp at starting zones, done.

“Ganking” is not the same as fighting NPC’s.

Open PvP Servers ?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

Yeah, this is a feature I really miss from GW2.

Would be nice with some new maps in the mists with overflow and stuff, they are currently working on a map like this, but looked like some weird sky platform with no obvious purpose.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-edge-of-the-mists-a-new-map-is-coming-to-wvw/

I want something in similar style to the normal level 70-80 maps, where I can farm materials and do things as I see fit, ofc with some additional features as well.
What I have in mind is a map like Alterac Valley from WoW, with events in a more pvp fashion. And instead of people blobbing up farming champions and events, it should be more rewarding for skirmishing in small groups with lots of areas requiring attention at the same time, and some fortress in the middle of the map which you take by helping npcs with a serie of event chains spread around your “home” zone, also slowing down the progress of the enemy by performing offensive counter events, if the offensive events hit you hard, the defensive events starts, if all totally fails npcs fall back to the starter area. Since various PvE elements are involved, it gets similar to taking a keep with Commander Siegerazer in WvW, so you can do well even if you are outnumbered. Not sure how it all would be implemented but feels quite cool in my mind.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

Open PvP Servers ?

in Suggestions

Posted by: illo.5106

illo.5106

It will always lead to ganking lowies, no matter if you exclude starting zones or not – ok then you kill a lvl 52 on his way to the shatterer (with a lvl 80 with full ascended gear). Does this make things any better?

And nooo, this won’t happen in GW2. Well, it did so in any other MMOs I played before, because the “ganker” usually comes around with better gear or more “friends”, so the lowie is 90 % on the loser side.

Besides: Since GW2 is an open world game with open world bosses, some morons could easily ruin (At least I’d do that, ‘cause I think it’s funny.) the gaming experience of many more – like killing the cannon guys at Tequatl or generally people fighting a boss.

(edited by illo.5106)

Open PvP Servers ?

in Suggestions

pupi.2465

It will always lead to ganking lowies, no matter if you exclude starting zones or not – ok then you kill a lvl 52 on his way to the shatterer (with a lvl 80 with full ascended gear). Does this make things any better?

And nooo, this won’t happen in GW2. Well, it did so in any other MMOs I played before, because the “ganker” usually comes around with better gear or more “friends”, so the lowie is 90 % on the loser side.

Besides: Since GW2 is an open world game with open world bosses, some morons could easily ruin (At least I’d do that, ‘cause I think it’s funny.) the gaming experience of many more – like killing the cannon guys at Tequatl or generally people fighting a boss.

Thats why i said “pvp server”, ppl who likes pvp and choose a server for it, would be “warned” by its threats, the Ganking.

And the thing you pointed about World Bosses, if you would do that because its funny, wouldnt turn the game “funnier” overall???

I think thats the important thing, the game becomes fun for everyone, who likes pve, choose normal servers, who likes MESS, choose pvp ones. hehe

Open PvP Servers ?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

“you are warned”
+
Guesting
=
Noone execpt those pvp freaks want to go there. If you’re there noone cares about events; even worse, you can’t even cooperate to do those events since the others would be hit by your attack as well.
So you’d have a map without real events, some mobs standing around and only players who want to pvp randomly
=
WvW

Open PvP Servers ?

in Suggestions

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

If you think there are debates, arguments, and fights over balance now, this idea would blow that out of proportion. Pupi and his friend try to gank some lowly Engineer. Said Engineer has skill and kills Pupi and his friend. Pupi spams the forums with Engineers are OP thread.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Open PvP Servers ?

in Suggestions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

but now we have a turning point, since we don’t have any PvP servers we ether need to change the existing ones which adds allot of frustrations and such or make some new servers which increases the cost for new servers.

Open PvP Servers ?

in Suggestions

Posted by: illo.5106

illo.5106

And the thing you pointed about World Bosses, if you would do that because its funny, wouldnt turn the game “funnier” overall???

I’d think it’s maybe funny (once) – think the other 80+ doing the event won’t think the same. And that’s always the same with 100 % OpenPvP servers.

But yes, if you join on a special OpenPvP server, then it’s clear to everybody. But: then Nretep.2564 is right too.;)

(edited by illo.5106)